Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,102 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting (1487 Views)

Pls Webmasters, Need Advice On (nazuka Dot Net) Web Hosting Service / How Do I Change My Blogger Address From To Dot Com / Onyeukwu Dot Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting by wumi11: 9:08pm On May 28, 2008
I Recently Bought a Host and Domain from host and am having difficulties Uploading my Website, the host is a Windows shared hosting on Dotnet Panel. Please is there anybody with useful information on how to go about it?
Re: Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting by mexabet(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2008
You definitely need an FTP client to upload your files to your web server. FileZilla is a free FTP client which you can freely download at http://www.filezilla-project.org/ .

No matter the FTP solution you use, it has to establish a connection to your server. So you have to feed the FTP client your FTP login details. If your domain name is " sunrise.com", your FTP Host will most likely be "ftp.sunrise.com". You definitely have an FTP Username. Check the email your web hosting provider must have sent to you about your account setup for details. Again, you have an FTP Password given to you by your web host. Do you know the starting directory of your website? Maybe, it is "public_html" or something else. All the above-mentioned information, together with the information about the directory (folder) on your local PC containing your web pages are needed in order to make a successful connection to your FTP server.

I hope it helps.
Re: Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting by wumi11: 1:11pm On May 30, 2008
Thanks for your advice,
it is a lil better though, after downloading filzilla and entering the password and all that i can finally see my site, bt not with the actual link, i mean if i type www.miguel-soul.com, thats the website address it does not display the site instead it gives me an error message saying PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED, but if you type www.miguel-soul.com/index.html the home page shows whats the cause?
Re: Help With Dot Net Panel Hosting by kazey(m): 1:36pm On May 30, 2008
Hello Wumi,
Even though we try not to provide support outside of our support channels, i would give an exception to this.

Kindly refer to the welcome email that has the account details. You would notice that you are instructed to upload your files to wwwroot, I noticed that you didnt do that. Also in regards to the ftp instructions that is available via our knowledgebase, which is available for your perusal. Thank you

I would try to move the files for you for now, but if you would upload more files do remember to upload them to the wwwroot folder.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Possibly Earn With My Blog? / Using Forum Software Or PBNL / Domains & Web - Affordable Web Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.