Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

It Was A Dream Or So I Thought - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Was A Dream Or So I Thought (791 Views)

Have You Ever Meet With A Dead Person You Know Either In Dream Or Face To Face? / Dream Or Reality / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Was A Dream Or So I Thought by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
The night was chill. The harsh wind pierced through my bones and I shivered.

Something bad was about to happen. The premonition gnawed at my thoughts making me more miserable.

I whispered a short prayer and got ready for bed. I don't know how long I lay in bed, gazing at the ceiling like a cockroach which was stunned by a broom's whip.
I could feel the fear, making her heart throb faster as she ran. Her face was hidden by the long, dark brazillian hair. She ran wildly, like one that has seen great evil. My heart ran with her.

I could feel the strong-evil presence of her assailant, though he was hidden in the mist that covered the darkness.

"Run, run", I whispered hoping she could
hear me.
Then she stumbled, crashing heavily to the ground. She turned and I saw her face. She was fair with milk eyes that enlarged with fear. Her lips were full, painted in blood red. The hair flew wildly around her face, the breeze tossing them back and front across the horror stricken face.

She tried to stand but her treacherous legs gave in and she fell again.

He stood, towering over her.

The night was pregnant with an eerie silence. Only the hush of the wind was heard. He grabbed a handfull of her hair and pulled her up to him.

Then, he laughed. I've never heard anything so sick. It was an unearthly shriek that roused night birds from their nest, piercing the ears of dusk. He glanced around, his grip tight around her neck.

I could make nothing of his facial features except for the fact that he was as dark as sin with teeth that sparkled as the only light.

He pinned her to his body, ignoring her weak struggle. I watched in silence and helpless fear.

He stopped only when they stood on a
cliff.

His held her hands backward with a strong dark hand while he dug out a knife from his trouser pocket with another.

Her heartbeat was faster, her voice hoarse. She was numb with fear, she couldn't even cry.

I watched as he raised the knife to her throat, slicing through the soft flesh. A sharp gasp was all that came from her battered lips.

I closed my ears but I could still see.

He pushed her down the edge of the hill where they stood, predator and prey. So she fell, down and down.... It seemed like an eternity before I finally heard the sound of crunched bones and a splitted skull.

He merged with the darkness. His teeth flashing white light in the darkness and then he turned, walking towards me. I tried to move but my feet was rooted to the ground on which I stood.

I wanted to scream but my voice was gone. I was trapped, my soul was trapped. I sucked in cold air as I closed my eyes, waiting for death......

God! it was a dream. I've never been so glad to be dreaming. I knew why I had been trapped, I slept with my legs entwined around each other.

I'd seen into the future again. Whose? I wondered and I wonder if I would be able to stop fate again from doing it's job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Was A Dream Or So I Thought by Clemzy16(m): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2013
...is this a poem, novel or a short-story?
Re: It Was A Dream Or So I Thought by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Clemzy16: ...is this a poem, novel or a short-story?

A short story....

(1) (Reply)

When Love Hurts / Memoir Of A Village Boy: A Melodrama/ Comedy! / What Realy Matters.(creative Writing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.