Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low (4044 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine / Shoprite Bread Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by Swaginton(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
The first day it opened it was like a tourist site, but the
Ibadan people have since found their way back to their
local markets...lol. Barely a month after the grand
opening of Shoprite at Heritage Cocoa Mall, on Oba
Adebimpe Road, Dugbe, Ibadan, Oyo State, the retail
store has been hit with low patronage. The number of
Ibadan people who go there to buy things have
reduced drastically. Some residents blame it on the
prices of goods at shoprite. While some say it's
cheaper to buy some goods from their local markets
than from shoprite, others say though it's cheaper to
buy from shoprite than the stores in their
neighborhood, the difference isn't much and the
transport fare to go to shoprite and back isn't worth it,
so they stick to shops in their area.
The most patronized commodity at shoprite Ibadan is
the freshly baked bread, everything else na
manage...:-) Though people go there a lot on the
weekends...just to look around. Hehe

Re: Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by HopeAtHand: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
What were they expecting when they opened in Ibadan?? They think ibadan is Ph..its just a bad investment on their part..next time open shop in an Oil city.. First to comment incase its makes front page

1 Like

Re: Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by omonaijar: 3:01am On Aug 01, 2013
Swaginton: The first day it opened it was like a tourist site, but the
Ibadan people have since found their way back to their
local markets...lol. Barely a month after the grand
opening of Shoprite at Heritage Cocoa Mall, on Oba
Adebimpe Road, Dugbe, Ibadan, Oyo State, the retail
store has been hit with low patronage. The number of
Ibadan people who go there to buy things have
reduced drastically. Some residents blame it on the
prices of goods at shoprite. While some say it's
cheaper to buy some goods from their local markets
than from shoprite, others say though it's cheaper to
buy from shoprite than the stores in their
neighborhood, the difference isn't much and the
transport fare to go to shoprite and back isn't worth it,
so they stick to shops in their area.
The most patronized commodity at shoprite Ibadan is
the freshly baked bread, everything else na
manage...:-) Though people go there a lot on the
weekends...just to look around. Hehe

So what, you went to Shoprite on one Saturday, took a picture and decided to come here to draw conclusions? Nonsense.
Re: Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 01, 2013
What you guys don't know is that we have other big stores that sells things for cheap in ibadan. For example I have like 2 discount stores close to my area and would honestly not just get in a cab and go down to dugbe. Besides there is this big wholesale market called agbeni where things are super cheap. I still don't understand why people think ibadan people are poor, just because they are laid back doesn't mean they are poor. Of course we have poor people which is the same in other towns but we have quite a number of rich and comfortable people. pls stop hating ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
honey86: What you guys don't know is that we have other big stores that sells things for cheap in ibadan. For example I have like 2 discount stores close to my area and would honestly not just get in a cab and go down to dugbe. Besides there is this big wholesale market called agbeni where things are super cheap. I still don't understand why people think ibadan people are poor, just because they are laid back doesn't mean they are poor. Of course we have poor people which is the same in other towns but we have quite a number of rich and comfortable people. pls stop hating ibadan.

Ah I remember that agbeni back in my UI days, I buy almost everything there except for a few toiletries @ foodco.. Agbeni even sold eggs... I miss ibadan sha
Re: Patronage On The Newly Opened Shoprite In Ibadan Hits A New Low by tjskii(f): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Y patronage no go low,their things are xpnsve,to mak matters worse,they don't even ave foreign products,ordinary persil sef no dey,mscheew,na so so omo and sunlight full d place, angry sad

(1) (Reply)

Africa’s Food Import To Hit $110 Billion By 2025 / How To Make Beef Samosas / Avoid Eating Chicken Wings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.