Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? (2631 Views)

Poll: Which of this coaches will get the Job

Frank Rijkaard: 80% (4 votes)
Deschamps: 0% (0 votes)
Scolari: 20% (1 vote)
Hughes: 0% (0 votes)
Mancini: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Next Chelsea Manager: Diego Simeone 'tells Atletico Madrid He's Leaving' / Up Next: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Follow Here 12:45 / 'mikel Would Become The Next Chelsea Captain' - Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? by smile4kenn(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2008
So there has been a lot of names mentioned and a lot of us Chelsea fans can't seem to see eye to eye on who should be our next manager. So far i think these are the main contenders for the spot -

- Rijkaard
- Deschamps
- Scolari
- Hughes
- Mancini

I would put Hiddink in there but I think he will sing the contract he's been offered, I also don't see Abramovich taking him away from his nations team when hes done so well for them.

Rijkaard -
My personal favourite for the job. He's proven to be able to win both domestically and in Europe, winning La Liga twice and the Champions League once. Had a great spell before that with the Netherlands getting to the semi's of Euro but losing on penalties, many pundits saying they were playign the best football throughout the tournament. He can attract decent players to our club and I also notice that hes ratehr good at implementing some youth into the team which is always a good thing. He will also most definitely bring in that attacking football which the board and owner crave.
However past two season especially the last hasn't been very good for him, started off well this season but faltered, got to semi's in Champions league which isn't incredibly bad. His man management isnt the best however Henk Ten Cate I think fills this gap in, btu will they work together again?

Deschamps -
Former chelsea player, has doen well with Juventus getting them back into serie A. Has said he could bring in the attacking football but not sure if thats a cert. Sounds like he could rally the team together quite well. Not really proven himself as a top manager yet in england or in Europe.

Scolari -
Well experienced manager. Could easily manage chelsea and keep the team in order. Won the world cup with Brazil. Quite a tactical manager, not sure about his style of play. Also what has he won at club level as a manager? There is also the problem of him being in Euro 08, I personally think we need to bring the manager in ASAP especially one that is from the Continent or abroad as they will need more time to adjust and make plans.

Hughes -
Another former chelsea player as well as a childhood supporter of our lovely club. I'm a bit unsure on him, on the one hand i think he would be passionate about the club and be incredibly motivated, he would keep the team in order well and motivate them however on the other hand he hasn't managed a team as big as chelsea and hasnt ever won a trophy with a club. His style of play is also questionable, Blackburns style isn't too great IMO and can't be quite aggressive at times. still 2nd favourite for me.

Mancini -
I think he is bottom of the pile personally. Yes he has done well domestically for Inter but you could say thats because of all the things that have happened to series A over the past years, competition has vanished and you shouldn't really struggle to win it, after all its only between the two Milan clubs. He also doesn't seem to perform well in the Champions league, continued

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A36599188
Re: Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? by quickygirl(f): 3:52am On May 30, 2008
Amodu
Re: Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? by HNIC(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2008
Like, who cares? grin grin
Re: Who Will Be The Next Chelsea Coach? by kainos76(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2008
Manchini but that doesn't mean they will win anything next season, Losers

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Announces Venues For U17 Wc / Football Winning Secret Revealed / Pictures: See How Ebonyians Watched Super Eagles AFCON Match Against Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.