Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness (1006 Views)

Update on Kano Blast: Do you know this child? / Kano Blast Forces PDP To Postpone House Of Assembly Primaries / Peter Obi In Tears, Buries 4 Family Members Killed In Kano Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by adonismuller(m): 5:32am On Aug 01, 2013
BY DAUD  OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA — A man who said his brother was one of those that lost their lives in a bomb blast, Monday,  at  Sabongari in Kano State, has said that he counted no fewer than 50 dead bodies in a mortuary in the city.
The  witness who simply identified himself as Godwin,  from Edo State claimed that his dead brother wore  number  38 tag  at the mortuary in Kano State with more bodies in the morgue.
He said his brother was a member of  National Youth  Service Corps, NYSC, whom he said was mobilised from Ebonyi  State where he schooled to serve  in Kano State.
Godwin who spoke on phone on a  live radio progamme ‘Day Break Show’ in Abeokuta, yesterday, said though normalcy had since returned to the troubled area, there  was  still feeling  of insecurity among non-indigenes in the state capital.
He said: “As I’m speaking, I am at the mortuary to collect my brother’s corpse and he is number 38 and I can see more bodies.
“The total figure is about 50. The 12 causalities claimed by the government is not correct.

Source,vanguardngrnews
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by strangest(m): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2013
Rest in peace to the dead... Please make una follow me beg those that promise to make Nigeria ungovernable to sheath their sword... Nigerians are dying unnecessarily, meanwhile others are being deported within their own country... Some own oil bloc o
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by soundtruth(m): 6:08am On Aug 01, 2013
So how does NYSC discharge certificate benefit the dead man now? NYSC should be made optional.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by raytony: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2013
I pray that Joy returns to your family. Too many souls have been wasted.
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Religion!!! Oh! What are thou?
A liability or an asset?

Oh Yea! Northern muslims! Why are you killing your brothers simply because they don't believe in what you believe in?

Yea devil! Why did you have to pitch your tent in core northern part of Nigeria? Kindly move to the middle east and leave our country...

Oh yea! The educated northern brothers, pls help to open the eyes of the minds of your stark illiterate brothers and sisters and tell them that they are been used to commit deadly sins. Let them desist from it.

1 Like

Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by adonismuller(m): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2013
Am goiNg on 40 days fasting and prayer S̴̩☺ dat nysc can be scrapped before my time ...

R.I.P to the dead
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by slap1(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2013
How horrible it must be for him. . . One Nigeria my nyash!
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by Jakumo(m): 7:40am On Aug 01, 2013
soundtruth: So how does NYSC discharge certificate benefit the dead man now? NYSC should be made optional.

The whole NYSC pantomime is a monumental waste of precious time and human resources. New graduates should be allowed to enter the job market RIGHT AWAY in Nigeria, just as they do in the rest of the world.

For any new university graduates who like the idea of stomping about in quasi-military uniforms, with their trousers tucked inside their socks like a bunch of monkey-asz clowns, before being posted to far-flung corners of a fractured nation where they may be killed by locals for sport, then a VOLUNTARY enlistment into military service, or sewage evacuation duties, can be offered to those who are so inclined.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by Austeenxx: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Kano Blast: My Brother In NYSC Is 38th Of 50 Corpses I Counted – Witness by dridowu: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2013
soundtruth: So how does NYSC discharge certificate benefit the dead man now? NYSC should be made optional.
my bro nutin benefit the dead including Academic qualification, Nysc...................etc so everything shd be made optional
@topic..................RIP to the dead

(1) (Reply)

'LORD' Peter Obi: Obiano Must Rule Anambra State / Nigerian Navy To Export War Ships To African Countries / Prof Ben Nwabueze And Igbo Hate For North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.