Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers (2163 Views)

Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers / UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers / Students And Lecturers Collasping In Federal Poly Idah,kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers by abdulaz: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
News reaching me now from a classmate in Ugbowo campus says Uniben has sacked some Professors and Lecturer over corruption, brides, intimacy with female students and so on, among them were popular lecturers from the faculty of engineering, physical sciences and life sciences. I will be updating you as more on the story come in.
Re: UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Good News people

THE University of Benin (UNIBEN)
Tuesday said it had approved the
termination of 13 senior lecturers of the
institution and six other non-academic
staff over offences ranging from
admission racketeering and changing of students’ grades, to collection of
money from students for various
services. The Guardian gathered Tuesday that
the decision to relieve the affected
workers of their appointment by the
governing council of the university
was sequel to the recommendations of
the disciplinary committee that was set up to look into various acts of
misconduct by erring staff. Those affected by the sack included a
professor in the Department of
Chemical Engineering, two doctors
from the Department of Mathematics,
three lecturers from the Department of
Production Engineering and History and International Studies, a lecturer
from the Optometry Department and
four lecturers from the Department of
Microbiology. Non-academic staff,
who were affected by the sack, were
those in the security unit of the university, a clerical officer and a
staff member working in the office
of the vice chancellor.

www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14814
Re: UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
before I forget,
thanks 2u all for making me the first to comment

(1) (Reply)

Nestle Golden Morn Endorse 4 Mapoly Students WITH N50 Million ....(pictures).... / Meet The Best Graduating Student With A First Class,dept. Of Radiography. / 20 Quick Facts Of Your Body System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.