Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Mental Pictures - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mental Pictures (785 Views)

The Correlation Between Creativity And Mental Illness / The Correlation Between Creativity And Mental Illness / Dental Mental (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mental Pictures by Appswheel(m): 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Junior let me help you with the box; Mr. Jones opened the box and found a paper sketch of his dream home which he conceived 10 years ago. Tears of Joy rolled down his face when he realized that he was living his dream already. His present house was exactly what he once conceived as a dream.

It is my prayer that your dreams will come true in special ways. I hope you will find reading this piece interesting.

Have you ever heard the saying that, ‘a picture is worth a thousand words?’ How true is it?
Visual Aids have been employed at various level of learning to aid understanding. This serves true for both young and old. As evident in various organizations, churches, Colleges, web pages…..

What comes to your mind when you see a picture you snapped 5 years ago? It takes you down memory lane. It tells you where you have been. Then, you make a distinction of your present look from that of the past.

In contrast to physical pictures are mental pictures. Where do you want to be in 10years time? Mental pictures tell where an individual wants to be in the future. It tells the difference between where you want to be from where you are. It tells where you are going.

A real life story is told of a man who was sent packing by is landlord. One day, he took some time to plan his dream house. He was a tenant, yet he had the courage to dream of owning a magnificent house.
When time was set for him to pack, he squeezed his scanty belongings into cartons and set out for a friends place. Ten years later, he was married with a kid who goes by the name of Junior. The concluding part of this story you have read in the prologue.

Another real life story is that of a young village girl who wakes very early in the morning to hawk goods for her mother before leaving for school – she treks several kilometers every day. This little girl dared to dream, she said to herself, one day I will get married to a learned man (my husband will own cars and together we will drive around town). I will give birth to my own kids; I will take good care of them and put them in good schools. Her dream came true with time. This little young girl is no other person than my loving Mother, Ebunoluwa Rose Olorunfemi (Mum I love you, may your soul rest in perfect peace).

Below is an excerpt from Napoleon Hill’s LAW OF SUCCESS on the need to have a definite purpose in Life.
“It is most appalling to know that ninety-five per cent of the people of the world are drifting aimlessly through life, without the slightest conception of the work for which they are best fitted, and with no conception whatsoever of even the need of such a thing as a definite objective toward which to strive.

There is a psychological as well as an economic reason for the selection of a definite chief aim in life.
Any definite chief aim that is deliberately fixed in the mind and held there, with the determination to realize it, finally saturates the entire subconscious mind until it automatically influences the physical action of the body toward the attainment of that purpose.

Your definite chief aim in life should be selected with deliberate care, and after it has been selected it should be written out and placed where you will see it at least once a day, the psychological effect of which is to impress this purpose upon your subconscious mind so strongly that it accepts that purpose as a pattern or blueprint that will eventually dominate your activities in life and lead you, step by step, toward the attainment of the object back of that purpose.”

Martin Luther is celebrated today because he had a dream. A dream that came true after is demise. So is Obama; he dreamt of leading America …... So is Abraham Lincoln, through dogged determination he rose from nowhere to live is dream.

We all need to dream. Do you have a dream? Thanks for your patience. Dare to dream! Dream Big!

(1) (Reply)

Motion To Help Move A Shun Cultism Story For Nigerian Youth To The Front Page / When Guns Cry /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.