Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,611 members, 7,851,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

As APC Chieftains Visit Minna: Apc’s Emergence A Good Devt – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As APC Chieftains Visit Minna: Apc’s Emergence A Good Devt – IBB (479 Views)

Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily / Obasanjo Meets Buhari , APC chieftains before Ambode rally / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As APC Chieftains Visit Minna: Apc’s Emergence A Good Devt – IBB by abu12: 5:47am On Aug 02, 2013
Former Military President General Ibrahim BadamasiBabangida has stated that the emergency of All Progressive Congress (APC) will bring about vibrant political activities and give the people an alternatives choose even as he insisted that votes must count in 2015.
Barely 24 hours the APC was registered some of the chieftains yesterday stormed the residence of the former military president where they entered into a closed door meeting that lasted for about two hours.
IBB stated his position on the APC registration yesterday while speaking to journalists in his residence in Minna after receiving the board members of the NationalExamination Council NECO.
IBB stated that the emergence of APC has further confirmed his strong believe on two parties system which would provide an equally strong avenue for people to make choice.
He said, “I think we have a lot of time now we will see vibrant political activities, political partieswill like to sell their products, perhaps you should keep on insisting the votes should count also and allow the people to vote their choice and should have only one vote”.
When asked whether votes have not been counting in Nigeria in the previous elections he said “No, I never said so I only said that insistthat votes should count”.
Babangida stated further that “I have been and I will continue to bea strong believer of two parties system, I told you that, maybe as PDP itself said we now have a strong and vibrant political associations, you have the choice, you either take this or that”.
“I hope that the public will see it as an opportunity, that the party should try to talk to us the ordinarypeople, what they intend to do for us and for the country”, he added.
Asked on what the emergence of APC portends for the future of PDP,he tactically answered, “you see as a person who God did not give the power to predict the future I wait for God to see,” but when pressed further to draw inferences from previous political development he said, “No, I think it is a good development”.
Meanwhile at about 12:30PM yesterday the Interim Deputy National Chairman of the newly registered APC and Former Speaker AminuMasari as well as Former Minister of Federal Capital Territory and interim Assistant National Secretary Nasir El-Rufai stormed the residence of the Former Military President.
The duo accompanied by Senator NasirNasif saw Masari driving intothe residence in Dark Toyota Jeep with registration number CV 324 RSH and El-rufai in JJC 99 AJ Lagos Number of a BMW series.
Immediately they arrived they were ushered straight to a conference hall in the right wing ofIBB residence where they held a meeting behind closed door for almost two hours but none of themwas ready to talk to the press on their mission to the hill top residence of the Former Military President.
A source close to the meeting however told LEADERSHIP that the mission was part of the strategy by the chieftains of the newly registered party whom they considered as political asset in the north into the newly registered APC to strengthen the party in the zone ......

http://leadership.ng/news/020813/apc-chieftains-visit-minna-apc-s-emergence-good-devt-ibb
Re: As APC Chieftains Visit Minna: Apc’s Emergence A Good Devt – IBB by kzokul(m): 6:13am On Aug 02, 2013
Lmao! The same el-rufai that condemns pdp as corrupt now storming IBB's residence. IBB the most corrupt nigerian is whom el-rufai and his gang have gone to woo to their boko haram party. I thought buhari and IBB are sworn enemies, abi is this not the same IBB that toppled buhari's government that have made them sworn enemies till date? Ok! Let me see how oil and water will mix. Oh! I forgot this is politics. In politics the acclaimed corruption fighter can mix with the acclaimed corruption enforcer. This is politics. Buhari(saint) romances IBB(devil).

(1) (Reply)

SERAP Gives Jonathan 7 Days Ultimatum On New Electricity Tariff / Australian Election Candidate Mistook Islam For A Country / Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Second In Command, Abu Saad – JTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.