Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Badagry Killing: CP Berates DPO, Orders Policemen's Arrest - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Badagry Killing: CP Berates DPO, Orders Policemen's Arrest (649 Views)

Drivers Strip DPO Naked / DPO That Killed A Subsidy Protester Jailed 10 Years (photo) / Man Kills Daughter’s Lover, Connives With DPO To Bury Corpse At Night - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Badagry Killing: CP Berates DPO, Orders Policemen's Arrest by Milito: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2013
2013-08-01 23:00:53

Lagos State Police Commissioner, Umar Manko, has ordered the arrest of policemen fingered in the killing of two boys in Badagry.

The PUNCH had reported that an undergraduate of the Delta State University, Ifechukwude Nwaikpor, and his friend, Kazeem, were beaten to death by policemen and hoodlums in Ajara area of Badagry on July 21, 2013.

Manko, who said he would head investigation into the matter, blamed the Badagry Divisional Police Officer,  Mohammed Dankoli, for tagging the late schoolboys armed robbers.

The CP added that he ordered the immediate arrest of the policemen spotted in the video clip which showed how the boys  were killed by members of a vigilance group.

He said, "Actually, the Divisional Police Officer did not present the matter to us the way it happened.  When we started asking questions, we discovered that the two people, who were killed, were not armed robbers as alleged contrary to what the DPO told us.

"When we saw the video clips and watched the way those boys were killed, we told ourselves that we would be failing in our duties if we fail to bring everyone involved to justice."

Manko said he was not satisfied with the slow pace at which investigations were done and ordered the transfer of the matter to his office at GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.

He  also mandated a senior police officer in charge of Maroko Police Station, CSP Johnson Adenola, who he described as "an upright man" to superintend the trial of all civilians and policemen fingered in the matter.

He said, "Initially, the matter was sent to State Criminal Investigation Department, but they were not moving at the pace I expected them, so I decided to take over the matter personally.

"I have brought the best hands in my command together under the leadership of DPO of Maroko Police Station, whom people have discovered to be an upright police officer.

"He and his team would be supervised by me and we would ensure that people do not take laws into their hands next time. No one has right to take the life of another. We have one suspect in custody already and we will get the others. I will not tolerate impunity by anyone."

Source: www.punchng.com

Nice one from CP I guess. Let's hope its not just talk. The Nigerian Police needs to 'up their game' wt regards to discipline. They have been embarrassing us for too long. Wt all these absurd & shameful incidents happening in the presence of policemen, the more civilised parts of this would would hv come to the conclusion tht Nigeria is a babaric country where everything goes. May God help us & may we help ourselves.
Re: Badagry Killing: CP Berates DPO, Orders Policemen's Arrest by Jibsonified(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2013
That's what happens When illiterates are given cheap authority in d name of Uniforms to handle Gun.

(1) (Reply)

TRAGIC PHOTOS: Female Yam Seller Stabs Man To Death Over N100 / Breaking News-twin Bombs Detonated @jos MainMarket / Photo: EFCC Arraigns Couple For N7million Land Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.