Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / . (2732 Views)

The Most Emotional Movies You've Watched / Best Nollywood Movies You've Seen / Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2013
We've done best nollywood and bollywood movie but no one seems to remember Chinese movies no matter the jokes about Chinese movies ,hate them or not there is no doubts Chinese movies were an integral part of growing up in Nigeria in the early nineties what is your best Chinese movie and unforgettable moments.
For me it's shaolin soccer that part where there free kick made the goalie loose his clothes cheesy
Re: . by Adrenaline123(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2013
iron monkey, forbiden kingdom, kung fu hustle. Nice movies.

1 Like

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2013
Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master" and Jet Li's "Evil cult". Not forgetting Iron Monkey.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master" and Jet Li's "Evil cult". Not forgetting Iron Monkey.
Drunken master is a really good movie
Adrenaline123: iron monkey, forbiden kingdom, kung fu hustle. Nice movies.
I just watched Kung fu hustle this morning it's one movie you can never get tired of especially the part where the landlady threw her husband from the window grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 02, 2013
the sorcerer and the white snake, new police story, war of wizards (dis movie is actually a korean movie), seducing mr perfect (also korean).
Re: . by Kaycee7(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
nuru3000: the sorcerer and the white snake, new police story, war of wizards (dis movie is actually a korean movie), seducing mr perfect (also korean).
The sorcerer and the white snake is a bomb. Rewatched it lyk 5 times. I love the final battle btw Jet Li and the 2 sisters.
My other best flicks are:
Drunken Master 2
Twin Warriors
Iron Monkey
Once upon a time in China
Fearless
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
House of Flying Daggers and last but not the least,
HERO.
Re: . by khanivorous(f): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Wow...its like everyone love iron monkey...but that flick tight like airplane bathroom

Man from tai-chi and iron monkey
Re: . by khanivorous(f): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Wow...its like everyone love iron monkey...but that flick tight like airplane bathroom

Man of tai-chi and iron monkey and not forgetting DEATH TRANCE( simply awesome)
Re: . by sarutobie(m): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master" and Jet Li's "Evil cult". Not forgetting Iron Monkey.
lol evil cult took voodoo kungfu to another level..was there a possibilty of ancient martial artists possessing half of the 'powers' used in that movie??
Re: . by khanivorous(f): 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
sarutobie:
lol evil cult took voodoo kungfu to another level..was there a possibilty of ancient martial artists possessing half of the 'powers' used in that movie??

HELL NO!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
khanivorous:

HELL NO!
Give ur reason for saying hell no
Re: . by khanivorous(f): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
sarutobie:

HELL NO!
Re: . by Originalsly: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2013
Ip Man
Re: . by prof800(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2013
Originalsly: Ip Man
donnie yen all the way...!
Re: . by sarutobie(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2013
spongeback:
Give ur reason for saying hell no
lol the thing is I have seen well documented martial art prowess supervised with scientific gadgets and to a lesser extent they do posses(as a result of intense body and mind training) extraordinary feats of speed,endurance and power..I have seen a documented program of a shaolin practicioner punching a crash-test dummy with a force equivalent to a car crashing into a wall at 35km/hr!.I have also seen a modern day samurai drawing his katana,and cutting through a rubber pellet shot at him from a distance of 70ft.it was monitored by a high speed camera.he did this in tenths of a second,a feat which requires amazing hand-eye coordination and razor sharp reflexes..but for the flying around and fireball shooting? E full for benin grin

2 Likes

Re: . by optimus30: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
but for the flying around and fireball shooting? E full for benin grin.........****lmao***falls 4rm d balcony****climbs up again****read again***lmao***falls 4rm d balcony.......,u suppose b comedian 4 heaven
Re: . by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
sarutobie:
lol the thing is I have seen well documented martial art prowess supervised with scientific gadgets and to a lesser extent they do posses(as a result of intense body and mind training) extraordinary feats of speed,endurance and power..I have seen a documented program of a shaolin practicioner punching a crash-test dummy with a force equivalent to a car crashing into a wall at 35km/hr!.I have also seen a modern day samurai drawing his katana,and cutting through a rubber pellet shot at him from a distance of 70ft.it was monitored by a high speed camera.he did this in tenths of a second,a feat which requires amazing hand-eye coordination and razor sharp reflexes..but for the flying around and fireball shooting? E full for benin grin
Lol which part of Benin
Re: . by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
Flash point (donnie yuen's best). The film no get part two.
Re: . by olu4life(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
I love the following:
So Close {one of my top 5 esp the soundtrack}
Iron Monkey
New Police Story
Kungfu Hustle {can never get tired of watching it}
Once Upon a Time in China
Hero
Forbidden Kingdom
Omo dem plenty die o
Re: . by Kaycee7(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2013
olu4life: I love the following:
So Close {one of my top 5 esp the soundtrack}
Iron Monkey
New Police Story
Kungfu Hustle {can never get tired of watching it}
Once Upon a Time in China
Hero
Forbidden Kingdom
Omo dem plenty die o
Forbidden Kingdom's not really a Chinese movie. Its more hollywood than Chinese cinema.
Btw, Kung Fu Hustle was something else. Remember the part the gangsters were arguing in the car and the landlord and lady just appeared, the l8r events were hilarious.
Re: . by Omobarca: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
undecided forbidden kingdom & snake in †he monkey(abi na eagle) shadow. And of course shaolin soccer too grin
Re: . by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
Red Cliff.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cliff_(film)

Red Cliff or Chi-bi as it's know in China, is the most
expensive Chinese film ever.

My favourite scene. In it, the bad soldiers are lured into this maze called tortoise formation, where they
are methodically massacred by the underdogs. Amazing
cinematography.

Re: . by PhysicsQED(m): 2:10am On Aug 12, 2013
Haven't seen that many, but so far, Iron Monkey, House of Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Drunken Master, Red Cliff, and Hard Boiled. I also liked Once Upon a Time in China 1 and 2.
Re: . by justaqad(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
hmmmmmm.
mine
Dr wai
Monkey King
My dad is a Hero
twin warriors
Kungfu hustle
Iron Monkey
Evil cult

the list plenty..
i don even forget some
i love some Chinese Movies
Re: . by Vansnickers: 12:26am On Aug 14, 2013
Kung fu Hustle. The movie is sooooo Funny and cool.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Van snickers: Kung fu Hustle. The movie is sooooo Funny and cool.
I tell you beats every comedy I've ever seen grin
Re: . by prof800(m): 4:18am On Aug 15, 2013
saxywale: Red Cliff.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cliff_(film). Amazing
cinematography.
JOHN WOO.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mehhnnnn. I love dem chinese films even korean film.
Kung fu hustle - never get tired of it
Flashpoint - loved d fight sequences
Tiger Cage - I can quote the dialogue all through
Fong Sang Yook series -
Evil Cult - dem powers just too much
Drunken master
Legend of drunken master
Snake in the monkey shadow
Snake in the Eagle shadow
Shadowless sword - korean movie
War of the arrows - korean or so movie too

Kai them plenty ooo. Na then we dey see how actor dey use hand kill boze. No be to use gun
Re: . by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
Fist of Legend - Jet li
Re: . by olisehcom(f): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Snake in d eagle's shadow and Twin mission.
Re: . by kimco(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1. Detective dee

2. Red cliff 1 and 2

3. Twin warriors

4. War lords

5. The myth

6. Ip man (the donnie yen ones)

7. Bodyguard (jet li)

8. Heroes of shaolin

9. shaolin soccer (I love that movie)

10. War of arrows (it korean, I know but who cares)

11. Return of the Dragon

There's more but these are the one that come to mind.

(1) (Reply)

7 Greatest Classic Nollywood Comedy Movies Of All Time / Watch Nigerian Christian Films (movies) Online / Experimental Short Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.