Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,534 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? (42185 Views)

The Best Cartoon(s) You've Watched?? / Funniest Adverts You've Watched/heard / Best 2013 Movie(s) You've Watched!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Seun(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2008
When I watched Harry Potter 5 recently, i was afraid I would not really enjoy it because I already knew what was going to happen. To my surprise the movie engaged me completely because it was so beautiful. The designs! The colors! The special effects!

[b]King Kong [/b]is another movie that was just as beautiful in my opinion. The exotic yellow/blue lighting scheme!

What movies have you watched that made you say, "wow, it's so beautiful"?
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Neoteny(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2008
lord of the rings trilogy. as someone who read the books i expected less.

from the shire, osgiliath, rohan/edoras, lothlorien, rivendell, cirith ungol, orthanc tower, dead marshes all the way to mordor i kept saying "wow"!

and of course the music score helped.

before that was blade runner in the early nineties. i thouht nothing could touch that before peter jackson came along
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by iice(f): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2008
Neoteny:

lord of the rings trilogy. as someone who read the books i expected less.

from the shire, osgiliath, rohan/edoras, lothlorien, rivendell, cirith ungol, orthanc tower, dead marshes all the way to mordor i kept saying "wow"!

and of course the music score helped.

before that was blade runner in the early nineties. i thouht nothing could touch that before peter jackson came along

Mehnnn you get am. . .
It's the most beautiful movie i have seen. I still get goosebumps everytime i watch it. Am not tired of watching it over and over again.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Neoteny(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2008
iice:

Mehnnn you get am. . .
It's the most beautiful movie i have seen.  I still get goosebumps everytime i watch it. Am not tired of watching it over and over again.

kai, you get taste o! that music score and the vistas cannot be touched. see the subdued colors in rivendell, the dreamy bluish scene in galadriel's tree community of lorien. even the water looked surreal.

then compare with the dry brownish tinge of the dead marshes, the paleness of bree and the stark bleakness of mordor and the green of morgul vale.

see what the did with Argonath, the huge statues of kings on either side of the river in Fellowship. exactly as Tolkien described in the book!

every scene had some fantasy color scheme and its own righteous music. rohan had cool wind instruments, mordor had thundering drums, . and the shots are so drawn out and panned so you take it all in. see the pelennor fields. kai, i can go on all day.

did you know, in the 5-DVD collectors edition (which i proudly own and the total damage was only $16.97) there are cool extras like the houses of healing.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by iice(f): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
Neoteny:

kai, you get taste o! that music score and the vistas cannot be touched. see the subdued colors in rivendell, the dreamy bluish scene in galadriel's tree community of lorien. even the water looked surreal.

then compare with the dry brownish tinge of the dead marshes, the paleness of bree and the stark bleakness of mordor and the green of morgul vale.

see what the did with Argonath, the huge statues of kings on either side of the river in Fellowship. exactly as Tolkien described in the book!

every scene had some fantasy color scheme and its own righteous music. rohan had cool wind instruments, mordor had thundering drums, . and the shots are so drawn out and panned so you take it all in. see the pelennor fields. kai, i can go on all day.

did you know, in the 5-DVD collectors edition (which i proudly own and the total damage was only $16.97) there are cool extras like the houses of healing.

Infact eh an e-kiss for you kiss grin
The score was perfect. . .falling into the exact place at the exact time.
The visuals are awesome. . .yes the king statues, everytime i see it, i get the feeling of awe. I know exactly what the remaining fellowship felt when they passed them. Visually it is a feast! Every sweep of the camera gives you awesome plains/mountains/cities/battalions and what not. (Oooohhh the music for the Orcs and Urukai, mehn i play it over and over in my head hehehe)
I love how you get the ethereal feeling from the non-humans.
I don't even know which place is my favorite. . .i like Gondor, i like Rivendell, i like the shire, i like Moldor sef
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Neoteny(m): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2008
an e-kiss, well better than nothing *seeing as how ive been fantasizing lately*

i should have said 3 dvd collectors set. i already have a 2dvd set but its not collectors edition, i mix them in the same binder.

anyway, its good pete jackson had the good sense to trim the movie (even thoiugh it hurt the chronology) and do away with some of the frivolous scenes like tom bombadil and his silly song. i have never yet seen a book-to-movie conversion that takes so much license with the source and turns out better than that source.

not even spielberg than do what jackson did, and that movie ought to be the movie of the century.

check out shelob, more terrifying than the book version
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by kay80(m): 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
check out these two movies:
---- King Arthur
---- Pathfinder

They are must watch movies
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Frizy(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2008
Shrek- the movies, Toy Story 2. Bright colors
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Seun(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2008
I don't know why, but the Lord Of The Rings movie never impressed me. Couldn't really fall in love.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Dreloaded(f): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2008
Pan's Labrinyth.

Great cinematography and the best score I've heard in a long time
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by justkunmi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2008
Just saw Juno and I was awe struck. .
Beautiful story. . beautiful acting. . .

Sleuth was also beautiful. . .
the whole movie was shot in a very crazy house. .with the state of the art electronic gadgets u can think of. .

Shawshank's Redemption
Harry Potter 5
The Devil Wears Prada
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by doyin13(m): 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
Hmmm. . . .D-Reloaded beat me to it. . .Pan's Labyrinth was quite a treat.

But I must also give kudos to Tsotsi as well. The cinematography for me was the star of the film.

Never has a shanty town looked so beautiful. . . .no mean feat
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2008
this are the ones that come to mind at this very moment
LORD OF THE RINGS
A MIRACLE ON THE 34th STREET ( the 1947 classic, not the subpar remakes)
TRANSFORMERS - I was glued, impressed.
RUNAWAY JURY - it captured the injustice of the justice system
SOUND OF MUSIC - nice. nice , nice
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Timmi: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2008
"The Passion of Christ",  "the Huntchback of Notre Dame" , and of course "The Pirate of Penchance".  If you haven't watch any of this, you ought to.  The story lines are awesome.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Dreloaded(f): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
Memoirs Of A Geisha is beautiful too smiley
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by jemit(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2008
i'll say one of mine is the gladiator. love the storyline, the cinematography and the score was great.

Happy feet is another one i love so much. the animated film about penguins always makes me happy when i watch it. the dialogue and cinematography is perfect.

Titanic , definitely

can't forget sound of music. havn't watched it a while now, but will always remember it. the lion king trilogy is also great.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by katherinae(f): 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2008
the mirror mask, very artistic and beautiful
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by arogbowei: 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2008
My favorite for now is the THE NOTEBOOK. It taught powerful lesson in self sacrificing love. I am recommending it to all N'Landers.

Then Lord of The Ring is also incredible.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by LadieSeun(f): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2008
ABENI (part 1 &2)
The man (Akanni) is from Cotonou (he speaks French and a bit of Yoruba)
The woman(Abeni) is from Lagos (speaks Yoruba )
I LOVE THE MOVIE!! smiley
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by topkin(m): 12:32am On Apr 05, 2008
I have agood list of them but one movie I can watch over and over is "Lord of the Rings 1,2 and 3". They remains my classic till date. I can watch it over and over again and never get tired. I think I've watch it like some 25 - 30 times since it was released n dats reality!
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by doyin13(m): 12:55am On Apr 05, 2008
I must say. . . . Tunde Kelani is quite a cinematographer.

Thunderbolt Magun was immaculately shot.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Cristalz(f): 1:04am On Apr 05, 2008
Pirates of the Caribbean was tight. Especially the third one,'At World's End', the sea-fight scene.Loved it.

Loved the colour and flair of Enchanted too.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by LadieSeun(f): 1:42am On Apr 05, 2008
doyin13:

I must say. . . . Tunde Kelani is quite a cinematographer.

Thunderbolt Magun was immaculately shot.

I 2nd that!!
and also THE PASSION OF CHRIST
it was a VERY BEAUTIFUL movie but also very SAD!!
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by ikamefa(f): 1:49am On Apr 05, 2008
memoirs of a geisha

Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by ikamefa(f): 1:52am On Apr 05, 2008
but of course all the austin powers movies

and 300 " grin "

Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by solazo: 3:04am On Apr 05, 2008

i will definately stand in for BOURNE ULTIMATUM by MATT DAMON.
LORD OF THE RINGS is also a very good movie to watch.
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by ayettymama(f): 4:55am On Apr 05, 2008
HE SAID BEAUTIFUL!!! BEAUTIFUL IS DIFFERENT FROM INTERESTING AND GOOD,

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOVIE HAS TO BE BEACHES!!!!
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by almondjoy(f): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2008
Definitely Lord of the Rings Trilogy. . .espcially the party scenes in the land of the "Hobbits"! kiss  I even wished to be a dwarf, so I can live in one of those their houses! kiss

Beautifully done I say! kiss
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2008
most beautiful movies ive seen are ,
the legends of the fall ,i'll take manhattan,the other side of midnight
memories of the midnight and indecent proposal
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by almondjoy(f): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2008
Life Is Beautiful
Saving Private Ryan
Shakespeare In Love
Pretty Woman
A League of Their Own
A Walk In The Clouds
A Beautiful Mind

Beautifully done I say! kiss
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by dipo2much(m): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2008
I LIKE TO SEE A GOOD MOVIE BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I JUST CANT SIT DOWN AND WATCH. I FEEL LIKE ITS A FOOLISH WASTE OF TIME. YET ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE A VERY BUSY SCHEDULE
Re: Most Beautiful Movies You've Watched? by dee02(m): 10:35am On Apr 05, 2008
There are so many movies that i have started to watch, and

which looks more like something really beautiful, and

which has it all, but

the problem is i always end up sleeping after 15-20minutes, my girlfriend is fed up and i dare not ask her to come to the pictures wit me!

HEEEEEEEEEELP undecided cry shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Nigerians Mock Enkay After Her Eviction / Bbnaija: Jackye Has Been Evicted From The House, Reveals the possible winner / Nengi: Kiddwaya Is Dirty, Not Clean, I Can't Date Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.