Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,668 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Heaven Is For Overcomers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Is For Overcomers (688 Views)

Who Are The Overcomers? - Jack Kelley / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? / Aborted Lagos Wedding: "Akiyesi (Groom) Lied To Us" - Overcomers Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heaven Is For Overcomers by ACKCITY: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
Why this title of a tract message? You will soon understand, read on. Revelation 2:7 says, “… To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” Revelation 2:11 says, “… He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.” Revelation 2:17 says, “… To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.” Revelation 2:26 says, “… To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations.” Revelation 3:5 says, “He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.” Revelation 3:12 says, “Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the City of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God, I will also write on him my new name.” Revelation 3:21 says, “To him who overcomes, I will give right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.” (NIV).

Those promises to over-comers, which you’ve read above, were made by Jesus. He is qualified to make them as one who had overcome. What did he overcome? Jesus overcame the world (John 16:33), thereafter he sat down with his Father in his throne. It was “the world” that Jesus overcame. The world which Jesus overcame is nothing else than the human system which opposes God; it is Satanic in nature. Satan is presently the god of the world (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) and so “… the world lies in wickedness” (1 John 5:19). This will only be for a time, anyway. As Jesus overcame, he consequently promised those who will overcome the same world, which he did overcome to sit with him in his throne. In the world today are several challenges to godliness. But those who deliberately believe in Jesus, trusting in his grace to the end will sit with him on his throne. This is a serious business; not a joking matter. It’s not for those who compromise their faith and die in unfaithfulness. No, it’s only for the faithful, the pure in heart – study Psalm 15 very well to be able grasp the full import of answers given to questions in verse 1 of that psalm. Listen, if you claim to be born again and have compromised your faith like Esau, forget it. Why? The righteousness of those once righteous can be forgotten if they later turn to unrighteousness (see Ezekiel 18:21ff). Heaven is solely for over-comers.

The gate of heaven has been programmed that it recognizes and opens only to over-comers. Are you one of them already? If not, do you want to be one of them? Yes! Listen and understand that you need first and foremost to believe and receive Jesus into your life by faith (John 1:12). You need to love God’s word (the Bible) for your daily meditation (Matthew 4:4, 1 Peter 2:1-3; Psalm 119:9-11). You equally need the Holy Spirit’s power in your life. Without Jesus, God’s word and God’s Spirit you can’t be an over-comer as “the arm of flesh” will certainly fail anyone. I am sharing all these with you from experience of over forty years walk with Jesus. Jesus is real and alive forevermore. He appeared to me in a powerful vision of the night in 1986. I saw the radiance of his person. Hey! The overwhelming experience of his appearance was on me for months. Friend, so it’s up to you to act now.

How? You just have to pray – thus, translating your belief in Jesus into confession and unspeakable joy. You may pray with me like this: O Lord God, thank you for this tract message; it has brought wonderful revelation to my soul. I believe what I’ve read with all my heart. I believe in Jesus as the Christ, Savior and Lord of my life. I now receive Jesus by faith into my life as the Christ, Saviour and Lord. Help me O Lord God to remain faithful to Jesus all the days of my life. Help me always to love and meditate on your Holy Word daily. Fill my heart with your Holy Spirit. Direct me to a lively Christian Centre where I may worship and grow spiritually that, at the end, my soul is truly assured of heaven, free from deception of any sort. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

Source: http://www.citofgod.com/heaven-is-for-overcomers

(1) (Reply)

NASA Finds Message From God On Mars / Anything Wrong For Being Deist / How To I Overcome A Habitual Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.