Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? (1134 Views)

Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Is A Federal Minister Superior To A State Governor Constitutionally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by gtrust: 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
REPATRIATION is the process of returning a person back to one's place of origin or citizenship. This includes the process of returning refugees or soldiers to their place of origin following a war. The term may also refer to the process of converting a foreign currency into the currency of one's own country. The forced return of a person to a country where he faces persecution is more specifically known as refoulement.

I just checked REPATRIATION in the dictionary and the above is what I got.

Again: when you pay you tax, do you contribute a percentage to your state of origin in Nigeria
Do you require a VISA to travel from state to state in Nigeria

What is the meaning of social responsibility
I thought government was of the people, by the people and for the people.
I thought government would collect taxes by right and ALSO protect the sick (destitudes), the weak and the poor.

New-York can solve most of their problems over-night if they can repatriate the sick and poor to other states in America.
Same with London, same with Amsterdam, Dublin, Aba, Kano.

Please, can someone educate me on this development

Thank you and may God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by tpia5: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
yes, @ question.

besides, if you can speak english, you'll know the difference between repatriation and rehabilitation.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by gtrust: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
tpia@:
yes, @ question.

besides, if you can speak english, you'll know the difference between repatriation and rehabilitation.

Your social responsibility means you can collect tax from the strong and able and 'rehabiltate' the sick (destitutes) and weak at head-bridge Onitsha at 2am
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by kunlekunle: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
gtrust:

Your social responsibility means you can collect tax from the strong and able and 'rehabiltate' the sick (destitutes) and weak at head-bridge Onitsha at 2am

especially those without address
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by gtrust: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nobody knows tomorrow!

Government is supposed to look after people and PARTICULARLY PROTECT the sick(destitudes) who could be suffering from a mental illness, the weak the poor.

Hitler was killing ALL DESTITUDES & BLACKS
Nigrians are calling fellow Nigerians in Nigeria destitudes fit to be dumped at a bridge
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by greatgilbert: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
sexkillz: Stop thinking poor.

Nothing is too much to do for a lady who has only about 180 days to live. Nothing is more comforting to know that there are people who care about you till the very end. Nothing hurts more than knowing the exact time you are about to die.

If spending that money will make a dying woman happy, then so be it.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by greatgilbert: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
In Anambra State today, the MOTHER'S SUMMIT day (women: agent of change) took place. With the wife of His Excellence officially concerned, His Excellence Gov. Obi showed a good gesture by making himself available and present at the summit.
During his speech he expresses his anger on the Lagos State govt. by questioning their quality of their act and though he was diplomatic about it he slams Fashola as being very bad to the poor "if you're current with papers and the television, you should be aware of the arguements between the Lagos State government and me. This is not the first time the Lagos State govt have involved in such act. A friend asked me, you use to be good friend with him (fashola), what happened?". On his response to that he said "we don't hold any issue but I have to do what is right". "[b]when someone is mad, poor or less priviledged, its not their fault..so you have to respect them. Its all about caring for the poor. The awful act of Lagos State gov. of dumping Anambrarians at Upper Iweka is the resulting cause of the arguement. "[/b]i have to write to the President. You can't reject the poor, mad and less priveledged and accept the rich. At the street of New York, there are mad people and beggars. This is one country and immigrants issue shouldn't be a case.[b]".
He also admitted the country is not any near any good and the solution to that lies within us. "[/b]as someone that globally has knowledge of finance and as an advicer to the country's financial apparatus, I can tell you we are going into hard times. We have to immitate countries like China etc and work hard rather than involving in all sorts economic crimes.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
^ what is this one saying?

why not think about and prepare for your own death instead of being fixated on other people's own.

nobody is immortal, o ba a vampire ju be lo.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
What is the meaning of social responsibilityhuh
I thought government would collect taxes by right and ALSO protect the sick (destitudes), the weak and the poor.

does social responsibility begin and end in lagos state?
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
gtrust: Nobody knows tomorrow!

Government is supposed to look after people and PARTICULARLY PROTECT the sick(destitudes) who could be suffering from a mental illness, the weak the poor.

Hitler was killing ALL DESTITUDES & BLACKS
Nigrians are calling fellow Nigerians in Nigeria destitudes fit to be dumped at a bridge

Hitler was killing disabled, Jews, and Gypsies.

Anyway, Igbos are the only ones making this into a tribal issue.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by greatgilbert: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Hitler was killing disabled, Jews, and Gypsies.

Anyway, Igbos are the only ones making this into a tribal issue.

and the Schizophrenics!
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by Babalegba(m): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
I had high hopes on seeing this thread but unfortunately I did not learn anything from it other than the Nigerian moral compass is as screwed as ever. The Op wants to know the moral justification for deporting poor needy Nigerians to Nigeria while their rich brethren were left alone . Their rehabilitation could hav been done in Lagos state.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by Aringarosa(m): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nigerians should learn to love one another, if not, Nigeria as a country will never progress.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by gtrust: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
My people: I am still waiting for answers to my questions
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by redsun(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
It seems like a remote question that nobody wants to answer clearly.Even if our constitution is unwritten like the english,there much be guidelines and rules that will clearly explain that.And nobody is saying anything clear.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by LFJ: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
gtrust: REPATRIATION is the process of returning a person back to one's place of origin or citizenship. This includes the process of returning refugees or soldiers to their place of origin following a war. The term may also refer to the process of converting a foreign currency into the currency of one's own country. The forced return of a person to a country where he faces persecution is more specifically known as refoulement.

I just checked REPATRIATION in the dictionary and the above is what I got.

Again: when you pay you tax, do you contribute a percentage to your state of origin in Nigeria
Do you require a VISA to travel from state to state in Nigeria

What is the meaning of social responsibility

New-York can solve most of their problems over-night if they can repatriate the sick and poor to other states in America.
Same with London, same with Amsterdam, Dublin, Aba, Kano.

Please, can someone educate me on this development

Thank you and may God Bless Nigeria!

Where was this voice when Hausa were deported to their states? Where was this voice when Abia state sacked the non indigenes? This voice failed to say something then because it doesn't concern his people. This may be a bigger opportunity for you to put you name in history, instead of wasting your time on Nairaland as to the constitutionality of this issue, why not just go to court and challenge the authority of Lagos State govt for unlawful deportation of Ibo.
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by Ikengawo: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Are you willing to say that people didn't complain when it happened in Abia?

The problem with nigeria is low intelligence. Intelligent people debate concepts, dumb ones debate people

this thread is asking

IS THE CONCEPT OF CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNORS REPATRIATING A NIGERIAN CITIZEN OK?
debate the concept. not what abia, or lagos did, the concept. Is this idea ok? dumb
Re: Can A Nigerian Governor Constitutionally Repatriate A Nigerian Citizen? by LFJ: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ikengawo: Are you willing to say that people didn't complain when it happened in Abia?

The problem with nigeria is low intelligence. Intelligent people debate concepts, dumb ones debate people

this thread is asking

IS THE CONCEPT OF CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNORS REPATRIATING A NIGERIAN CITIZEN OK?
debate the concept. not what abia, or lagos did, the concept. Is this idea ok? dumb

Go to court if you are disturbed by the action of LSG since you are highly intelligent. An intelligent man who have gone to court requesting the court to declare the action of Lagos state unconstitutional and seek compensation for his people.
Crying here will not solve your problem.

(1) (Reply)

Usher Gains Full Custody Of His Sons From His Ex Wife (PHOTOS) In Court / Illegally Dismissed Nigeria Police Officers. / If I Were President Jonathan Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.