Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah (927 Views)

Why Those Who Are Patient Always Win / Girl With Brain Cancer In Coma Reciting Quran / Islam Requires Muslims to be Patient in the Face of Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by Jarus(m): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
Salam alaekum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu,
Ramadan kareem.
I have been your keen follower here on NL and I'm always delighted on the ways you handle issues raised on the deen as well as on other secular issues. May Allah (SWT) increase ur Rahama & ur wealth of wisdom.Amin.

Please brother, ur urgent assistance is highly needed in mobilising fund for a cancer patient that I believe her case can still be redeemed if we all can come to her aid. Kindly permit me to give some details on this.

The patient concerned is a mother to a close friend of mine who is currently studying out of the country on scholarship. Some few months ago, my friend broke the news of his mother ailment to me, begging me to help out with money @ a point for the sundry medical fees which I have been tryin in my capacity to do. But lately, more money is being required for radiotherapy among many other medical expenses before the problem gets out of hand.(I was told a single session of the radiotherapy would cost N200,000 in UCH)

This is why I am using this medium to call on you to assist with ways in which we can raise funds either from the Ummah on dis forum or elsewhere especially @ this period of Ramadan.

Kindly note dat we are ready to provide proofs including medical reports etc which might be needed to faclititate the fund raising. I might not be the person to answer all questions regarding to the present state of health of this woman, but her daughter would be.

Pls you can get back to me on vet707vet@gmail.com for further info.

I'm earnestly waiting for a response from you.

Ma salam.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Just got this from a Nairalander.

Bringing to the table for deliberations.

Let me have your says.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by maclatunji: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
First thing that screams out in cases like this is getting proof that this is not a fraud no matter how complicated or ingenious. After that we can move forward.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by showietee: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
wa aleikum Salam.....

Issues are meant to be dealt with wisely, pls tell the person to supply proofs and once proven, we should act fast for this is an issue that has to do with life....

And i advise it should be fast, for ramadan in the air still boost the morale of some of us.

May Allah accept our deeds.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by vet707(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Salam alaekum, I did sent the mail to Jarus & a similar mail to Mclatunji. I did this so that this case would yield an urgent prominence. I wish to keep the patient's identity confidential except the jammah deem it otherwise. My wish is that if the jammah here can appoint either Jarus or Maclatunji or any other nairalander to get the proofs rather than giving out their private info out to everyone alike thereby making them more vulnurable to exploitation or scams.
Thank you.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by PassingShot(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2013
Are we making progress on this case? We need to verify and act fast. may Allah guide us aright.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by DisGuy: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
considering this would be an ongioing issue, i think the best thing to do is to refer to any muslim charity [are there any?]

or prominent NGO for assistance, it's not a one off treatment and fatigue will def set in in mobilising funds through this medium

2 Likes

Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by deols(f): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
If she is on radiotherapy, she'll need to be on it again and again for a period of around seven weeks(depending on her condition) and may incur more expenses.

A better explanation of her situation should be provided. What kind of tumor, what stage, where?

And a more thorough breakdown of expenses should be provided.

I assume we can use TeHN or an Islamic Organisation as previously suggested
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by vet707(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Here is the medical report of the patient :

Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by Ibime(m): 4:30am On Aug 13, 2013
Jarus: Salam alaekum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu,
Ramadan kareem.
I have been your keen follower here on NL and I'm always delighted on the ways you handle issues raised on the deen as well as on other secular issues. May Allah (SWT) increase ur Rahama & ur wealth of wisdom.Amin.

Please brother, ur urgent assistance is highly needed in mobilising fund for a cancer patient that I believe her case can still be redeemed if we all can come to her aid. Kindly permit me to give some details on this.

The patient concerned is a mother to a close friend of mine who is currently studying out of the country on scholarship. Some few months ago, my friend broke the news of his mother ailment to me, begging me to help out with money @ a point for the sundry medical fees which I have been tryin in my capacity to do. But lately, more money is being required for radiotherapy among many other medical expenses before the problem gets out of hand.(I was told a single session of the radiotherapy would cost N200,000 in UCH)

This is why I am using this medium to call on you to assist with ways in which we can raise funds either from the Ummah on dis forum or elsewhere especially @ this period of Ramadan.

Kindly note dat we are ready to provide proofs including medical reports etc which might be needed to faclititate the fund raising. I might not be the person to answer all questions regarding to the present state of health of this woman, but her daughter would be.

Pls you can get back to me on vet707vet@gmail.com for further info.

I'm earnestly waiting for a response from you.

Ma salam.

It will take about 20 fractions of Radiotherapy for the patient to complete treatment and maybe slightly more sef if your friend is having IMRT or Brachytherapy. I would assume the dosimetrists have planned her treatment and as such should not be approached on a piecemeal basis of fraction by fraction, but rather the full 20-25 fractions needed. I happen to work for the company that owns this hospital and very often you find Nigerians who run out of funds before the treatment is complete only to go home and find the cancer return. My advice would be for your friend to seek radiotherapy treatment in India or elsewhere cheaper. I worked on a business case some months ago for opening up radiotherapy centres in India and the price over there is at a fourth and less of what we charge in the UK. My advice, get her out there to complete the full 20-25 fractions course of treatment rather than a piecemeal approach of struggling to fund her treatment fraction by fraction. The total cost here would be N4m or upward, but for N1m or so (including travel and accommodation) you will complete treatment elsewhere with better chance of survival. Radiotherapy is the same everywhere once the main Surgical Oncology work has been done if any.
Re: Message On A Cancer Patient For The NL Jamaah by vet707(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dear Ibime, thank you for the insight you gave regarding this particular case. Am sorry I couldn't respond earlier than this to your write up, it was borne out of the fact that I had not visited this page in a while. This is due to the cold reception that greeted the request for support on this issue. Pls kindly feed me further info as concerning this case. Thank you. May Almighty Allah meet you @ every point of ur needs. Amin.

(1) (Reply)

2014 (1435) Idil Fitr Celebration Around The World (pix) / Biography Of Imam Of The Masjid Alharam Makkah: Shayk Abdul Rahman Al Sudais / Are The Five Daily Prayers Mentioned In The Qur’aan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.