Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? (749 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Jonathan’s 100 Days In Office: What Are The Achievements / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? by MCUsman(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2008
hitsales:

Do you see any improvement in Yar'Adua's Administration

I see improvement in the near future

hitsales:

Share your views on this,

The man should be left alone so that he can consentrate in building the nation from the damage done by Obasanjo
Re: Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? by bilymuse: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2008
Yaradua is a nice gentleman, the problem with Nigeria is a nice man cannot rule Nigeria. The counry require a strong and decisive leader, someone that can take the difficult decisions.

In Nigeria presidency is everything. It represennt life and death. Most Nigerians depend on the presidency for survival. Most state in Nigeria are not viable, they hardly generate up to 10% of their annual budget. Completely, they depend on handout from the presidendy.

Yaradua is a nice, but sick and weak, definately not up for the job. The power broker always want a weak president so that they can perpetuate their status quo. I believe Yaradua is a plant by Obasanjo. Baba knows what he was doing when he forced the guy on Nigeria.

l heard from the grapevine that Yaradua comes to office and leaves before the normal closing hour, that he easily get tired due ti his bad health. this is similar to his tenure as Governor of Katsina. He left lot of money in the bank, becourse he cannot be boadered to spend them.

The country has enterd a period of slow motion for the nest 3 yrs. There wont be much movement. Most likely things might get worst as the different interest groups try to take advantage of a weak and sick president.

regards
Re: Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2008
Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This?

When will he actually start working or getting sth done?
Re: Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Jun 02, 2008
The man knew of his illness before he took office so I do not believe it should be seen as a problem or hindering factor when it comes to his carrying out of his duties.

@Poster, I would give him a 3 out of 10 as I believe he is yet to act in such a way that the average Nigerian and even business actually notice some change. I mean he touts his "rule of law", yet businesses still having to deal with corruption on most every level and it is almost as if nothing has changed. I chose to give him a 3 just cause of the many probes I have heard. To me that is a significant move in the right direction, even though I was disappointed with the results of the probe into last years presidential elections. I am not sure what these probes will yield but I do believe it is a step in the right direction and I hope we at least use this as a means to open doors to information so Nigerians can become more aware of what goes on behind the closed doors no matter how late. I do hope he moves to sign the FOI bill this second year.

I still believe that the people of Nigeria need to understand that this is not about the leaders but about what they choose to accept or reject. We have a democracy now and it is up to the people to decide which way this goes and how quickly.
Re: Re: Yar' Adua's One Year In Office: What's Your Take On This? by superman(m): 6:00am On Jun 02, 2008
and have you taught about yourself in the position to change things in line with rule of law

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Advice Fg On Niger Delta Issue / Judiciary Please What Is This / Expatriates Leave N-delta Enmasse!38 Firms Close Shop:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.