Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,390 members, 7,853,745 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Like Play Like Play - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Like Play Like Play (621 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Play Like Play by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 03, 2013
I got bored so I wrote a little something, it's nothing serious, criticism is very much welcomed.

Tobi's nostrils flared as she sat restless in the pews, Brother Emeka was preaching this Sunday so it was at all no surprise that service had gone on a whole 35 minutes longer than expected. Of the 10 years she'd known him, it was never like him to adhere to a schedule, “useless” she muttered unintelligibly under her breath and hoped that the aunt sat beside her hadn't heard her insolence.

She stroked her hair, brushing a few loose strands from her face and as discreetly as possible, shifted round to scan the congregation for James. She found him immediately, sat amidst his wife and two children looking as focused as a laser, she wondered if he found the sermon that interesting, she didn't.

A swift pert smirk stretched across her face like a rubber band as she recalled yesterday's events in her head, she had been sleeping with him for at least a month, she didn't love him or anything rather just liked the sex, “Uncle James” she laughed in her head. Snapping out of her thoughts Tobi turned back as grace commenced, she audaciously thanked God it was over and joined in with the 'chant' she knew all too well.

James' wife and kids were to attend Aunt Uju's afternoon baby shower so they had planned to meet after the service at his. She'd told him it would be no problem at all however had strongly maintained that today would need to be quick as she had choir practice at six and couldn't bear to miss it.

Tobi tapped her foot irritably against the pew footstool as she waited for the aunt and couple sat in her row to hasten their conversation and make way. She felt it would be disrespectful to interrupt them so she stayed put and played with her phone. She scanned the congregation again for James, only it took longer as half the congregation were up and about, scattered across the church like confetti, jostling their way through doors, it made her feel claustrophobic and ever more impatient.

“Tobi!”, a familiar voice bellowed from behind, Ada frantically scurried towards the pew Tobi was caged in and leaned over the bar, “Shey you're coming to youth group?” Ada asked, Tobi turned around “Oh, that was today?” brushing away a few more loose strands of hair, “Yes” Ada responded, “Please tell me you're coming, you're 19, not 49” she teased, Tobi rolled her eyes “20 soon actually”, “Whatever you say jo, are you coming or not?” Tobi pursed her lips in a moment of thought, “Nah. I just remembered I have to help my parents with something, I wouldn't mind if it was later sha, sorry”, “But your dad is a Pastor, he will understand”, Tobi didn't respond, James had just messaged and Ada was the last person on her mind, she wouldn't understand. Annoyed by the all too apparent lack of attention she was getting, Ada gave up and shuffled away in dejection, hissing as she stomped away.

“Where are you?”, the message read, Tobi stood up, the aunt and couple were still conversing, she'd been 'respectful' long enough, she grabbed her bag, grazed through the tight space and shot them a sheepish smile, she headed towards her parents to let them know she'd be going to 'Modupe's place', it was easy enough. Tobi took off to meet 'Uncle James', “I have my car, will meet you there x”, she text back.

1 Like

Re: Like Play Like Play by Wesslier(m): 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Its not goin end der. If not bring it on...
Re: Like Play Like Play by krystophyr(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
You gonna make us beg?
Hehehehehe!
Okay, you can conclude now.
Re: Like Play Like Play by Greyworld: 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
At least com and say 'd end.'
Re: Like Play Like Play by Mynd44: 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
**yimu**
tonguetonguecheesycheesy
Re: Like Play Like Play by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wesslier: Its not goin end der. If not bring it on...
krystophyr: You gonna make us beg?
Hehehehehe!
Okay, you can conclude now.
Greyworld: At least com and say 'd end.'
Mynd_44: **yimu**
tonguetonguecheesycheesy
Oh, this old thing? lol

(1) (Reply)

The Nairalanders A Story / :::: ON AN ASSIGNMENT (continues) :::: / EBIAG MAGAZINE #5,000 For Writers And Readers Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.