Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days (689 Views)

Biafran Army Training Inside The Bush: Photos / Obama To Host Buhari At Blair House For Three Days / I Slept In The Bush For 3 Days To Stay Alive – Female Corps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2013
A woman who survived the recent mayhem caused by Nassarawa/ Benue border settlement’s invasion, has narrated how she survived the attacked at Kari village, where she resides.

She said the village which is located at the Benue side at the border area, witnessed fierce destruction.

Salamatu Umaru, who is currently squatting with her five teenage children at Auta- Balaifi village of Karu Local government area of Nassarawa state, alleged that the attack which took place early last week was carried out by a Tiv militia group, after they invaded their village at night.
According to her, male members of the Fulani settlement were separated from children and shot dead.
Salamatu lamented that she lost her aged father, husband, eldest son of 15 years and three siblings in the attack.

“The total numbers of persons killed during the incident were 19, adding that their food stuffs and other valuables were set on fire with large numbers of cow rustled and killed,” she narrated.
She said the attackers spared the lives of female members of the community and children, including the male ones.

The woman said immediately the attackers went away with men and grown up male children from her household, she gathered her five children who were already awake and headed for a bush, where they spent about three days wandering in the rain without shelter until a motorcyclist ferried them to a particular place.

The woman said, she later joined a vehicle from the area where the cyclist drooped them and got to Keffi, before proceeding to Auta Balaifi, where she is currently seeking refuge.
“Kari village is the only place I know because I was born and raised there; my mother died some years back and now my husband and father were killed along with all male elders in my family. Where should I go and how do I look after my children all alone,” she said.

Reacting to the incident, National Chairman of Meyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Bello Abdullahi Bodejo, said the recent development came less than a week after the two governments of Benue and Nassarawa states held a meeting in Lafia where issues of persistent crisis were discoursed, especially among the Tiv and Fulani tribes, among others. He said the two governments and federal government should go beyond mere promises and implement the previous suggestions proffered in order to bring an end to the problem.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/13492-how-i-wandered-in-bush-for-3-days
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by idumuose(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2013
The fulani should know that they don't have a monopply
of violence.It has usually been fulani invading communuties
and killing innocent people including children.These Tiv
Militia were merciful for sparing children and women.
Fulani will not spare even the children and women.They will
behead all of them.
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by otokx(m): 10:48am On Aug 03, 2013
why cant the fulani stay in their native land?
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by Tolexander: 11:03am On Aug 03, 2013
“The total numbers of persons
killed during the incident were
19, adding that their food
stuffs and other valuables
were set on fire with large
numbers of cow rustled and
killed,” she narrated.
She said the attackers spared
the lives of female members of
the community and children,
including the male ones.
these males will one day come back to revenge when they are old.
Fulanis have no forgiving spirit.
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by kkkp: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2013
Which native land?? God created earth..dey have d ryt to go anywhere dey lyk
otokx: why cant the fulani stay in their native land?
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by kkkp: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2013
I hope if tomorow d fulanis embark on revenge mission u will nt complain
idumuose: The fulani should know that they don't have a monopply
of violence.It has usually been fulani invading communuties
and killing innocent people including children.These Tiv
Militia were merciful for sparing children and women.
Fulani will not spare even the children and women.They will
behead all of them.
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by Dereformer(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2013
otokx: why cant the fulani stay in their native land?

Native Land sounds like Tiv Land.
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by gbadexy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
At least the tivs were humane enough to spare the females and young males, the fulanis have no such compunction.
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
Kai, this country, chei black man! This is barbaric, but I found it very difficult to condemn
Re: How I Wondered In The Bush For Three Days by datChelseaBoy: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
Booked. I will check back later

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis:Plots By Anti-amaechi Group To Truncate Amaechi/GEJ Reconciliation / Pa Fashola To Buried Today By 1pm Today Plus What People Had To Say About Him / The Implication Of Fani's Article!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.