Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Payment Status Glossaries/terms You Need To Know As A Paypal User/owner - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Payment Status Glossaries/terms You Need To Know As A Paypal User/owner (2182 Views)

How To Pay Online By Paypal Without Having A Paypal Account / Oil And Gas Terms You Need To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Payment Status Glossaries/terms You Need To Know As A Paypal User/owner by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2013
You might want to ask me what Payment status means?
Below are example of glossaries used with a bit of explanation:
Active
Canceled
Cleared
Completed
Denied
Expired
Failed
Funds available
Funds not yet available
Held
In progress
Marked as paid
On hold
On hold – ship now
Paid
Partially refunded by eBay
Pending
Placed
Refunded
Refunded by eBay
Refused
Returned
Reversed
Temporary hold
To be paid
Unclaimed
Uncleared
Under review

Active

Subscriptions: You have automatic payments scheduled for this subscription.

Canceled

Money requests: Either you or the sender canceled the request.
Payments sent: You canceled the payment, and the money was refunded to your account.
Subscriptions: The subscription was canceled, and no more payments will be made.

Cleared

Payments received: You received an eCheck payment, and the money is now in your account.

Completed

Adding funds from your bank account: The transfer has been completed, and the money is in your account.
Adding funds using personal checks: Your check has cleared, and the money is in your account.
Payments received: The transaction was successful, and the money is in your account.
Payments sent: The recipient received your payment.
Subscriptions: All payments for this subscription have been made.
Withdrawals to your bank account: We have sent your money, and it should be in your bank account within a few business days.
Receiving checks from PayPal: The check you requested has been cashed.

Denied

Payments sent: The recipient decided not to accept your payment.
Payments received: You decided not to accept the payment.

Expired

When you place an order: The transaction expired.

Failed

Payments sent: Your payment didn't go through.

Funds available

Previously unavailable funds from eBay sales that are now in your PayPal account and ready for use.

Funds not yet available

While you establish a successful eBay sales history, you may not have access to your money for up to 21 days. You may get it sooner, but it may take longer if your buyer reports a problem with the sale.

Held

Payments received: The money is being held, pending reversal.
Payments sent: The money is being held, pending reversal.

In progress

Payments sent: Your payment was sent, but the recipient hasn't accepted it yet.

Marked as paid

Marked as paid: Your payment was received, and your invoice is now paid in full.

On hold

Payments received: The money is being held temporarily. The sender may have filed a dispute, or we are reviewing the transaction.
Payments sent: The money is on hold while you dispute the transaction.
Withdrawals to your bank account: There’s a problem with your bank account, and your withdrawal couldn’t go through.

On hold – ship now

Payments received: The transaction is under a payment hold for an eBay item. Your funds will be released after 21 days. To get your payment sooner, please ship the merchandise right away.

Paid

Money requests: Either you or the recipient was paid the full amount.

Partially refunded by eBay

eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center, issued partial refund to the buyer on your behalf, and authorized PayPal to debit your account for the amount of the refund. If you don't have enough money in your account to cover the amount, you'll be asked to reimburse eBay for the partial refund.

Pending

Adding funds from your bank account: You requested a bank transfer. The money should be in your PayPal account soon.
Money requests: The money request has not yet been paid. You can pay, edit, send a reminder, or cancel the request.
Withdrawals to your bank account: You requested a transfer from PayPal to your bank account.
Receiving checks from PayPal: You requested a check from PayPal. We’ll send it out soon.

Placed

Part of your available PayPal balance is being held temporarily while this payment is processed. Once the purchase is complete, we'll release the hold and use the money for the payment.

Processed

Adding funds from your bank account: We have transferred your request to your bank. The money should be in your PayPal account shortly.
Adding funds using personal checks: We received your check. The money will be available in your PayPal account in 4-5 business days.

Refunded

Refunded or Partially refunded: If you paid by debit or credit card, your refund will go to that card. Otherwise, your refund will go to your PayPal account.
Payments sent: The recipient refunded your payment.

Refunded by eBay

eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center, issued a refund to the buyer on your behalf, and authorized PayPal to debit your account for the amount of the refund. If you don't have enough money in your account to cover the amount, you'll be asked to reimburse eBay for the refund.

Refused

Adding funds from your bank account: Your bank transfer was rejected. We’ll email you why this happened.
Adding funds using personal checks: Your check transfer was rejected. We'll email you why this happened.
Payments sent: The recipient didn't receive your payment.

Returned

Payments sent: Your money was returned because the recipient didn't claim the payment within 30 days.

Reversed

Payments sent: Either you or PayPal canceled the payment.
Withdrawals to your bank account: The transfer was denied, and we credited the money back to your PayPal account. We’ll email you why this happened.
Requesting checks from PayPal: The check expired because it's been more than 180 days since it was requested. The money is back in your PayPal account.

Temporary hold

Payments sent and received: A temporary hold may be placed on money during the authorization process. This process usually doesn't take long, and you'll see the status change to "Completed."

To be paid

eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center. Because you didn't have enough money in your account to cover the refund, eBay issued the refund on your behalf. Please reimburse eBay now for the refund.

Unclaimed

Payments Sent: A payment may be unclaimed for several reasons:
The recipient has not signed up for a PayPal account and has not yet received your payment.
The recipient has a Personal account (which cannot receive more than 5 card-funded payments a year) and has not upgraded. Or the recipient hasn't accepted the payment.
The recipient has a Premier or Business account and has chosen to individually accept or decline payments from customers who don't have a confirmed address.
The money has been deducted from your PayPal account. You can cancel this payment by clicking Unclaimed and then Cancel Payment. Please note that all unclaimed transactions are automatically canceled after 30 days.

Uncleared

Payments received: The eCheck payment is in process. We recommend you wait to ship until the payment clears.
When you send a payment: The eCheck payment is in process.

Under review
Payments received: We are reviewing this transaction. Please don't ship until we complete our review.

Now that you've learnt one or two terms today as you can see above,you will notice some are positive while some are negative though some do occur as a result of error(s).
If you are sure that any of the status above occurred on your PayPal as a result of error(s),all you need to do is to mail paypal or betters till,give them a call as that is my own preferred way of resolving any issue or error(s) on my account.

Another common error that I will like to bring to your notice again especially if you are using verified USA PayPal is the "We are going to call you" omen whenever you want to send some amount of money though it is as a result of security measures.If you are experiencing this kind of error,please don't keep trying it as their robot can rain course of LILMITATION on your PayPal account if you keep trying it.
The solution are these:
1.It is either you log out and try again later
2.Initiate paypal to call you if you are with the USA phone number you attached to your paypal.
3.Better still,login to your paypal account to click on CONTACT US link at the lower page of your account clicking on CALL US link on the next page where you will see their contact phone line & 6 digits passcode which the customer agent will ask you to type or speak it out to access your account.
Logon your complaints to the customer care agent or just tell them you want to make a payment and it will surely go through as I've done this successfully several times this way using the third method

N.B:Make sure that the USA line you are using or about using to call them has been added to your PayPal account as one of your account phone line(s) as it will be used to recognize your own verify account.

Warning:Make sure your USA phone number doesn't appear in another account that doesn't bear your name though you can use one usa phone line of yours with two or more paypal account of yours that bears the same name but can be for different countries e.g I used my own no with my UAE & USA verified PayPal and they easily detect my two accounts once I give them my phone no when on call conversation with them

I know that you must have learnt one or two thing(s) today from this writeup...
See you later
Adesida Olusegun aka Presegs
Re: Payment Status Glossaries/terms You Need To Know As A Paypal User/owner by conimo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
are you in need of paypal funding or need to make Paypal payment in Nigeria? http://conimo.info/paypal.html

(1) (Reply)

What Is Gtbank Up To With Latest "I Refer" Programme Just Launched(picture)? / Advantages Of The Soap Business / #300,000, What Business Can I Startup With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.