Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? (691 Views)

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? by RedCard1(m): 9:36am On Aug 03, 2013
Hello fellow nairalanders. I opened this thread because I want to go into blogging but I know not much about the job. I'm calling on professional bloggers on this website to show up on this thread so we can talk what the business looks like. I like writing rich contents. How much does it take to open a blog? How can one get traffic on his/her blog? How does bloggers make their money? Please I will appreciate matured responses. Moderator please I beg you to keep this thread alive...front page if possible. Thank you all.
Re: A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? by RedCard1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Make una help me na
Re: A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? by digitite: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
Blogging is interesting. But a key ingredient is that you have to be passionate about your chosen field.

For a start:

What do you wanna blog about ?
You will have to find a niche that isn't very competitive and can grow in time.

How can one get traffic on his/her blog?
You can get traffic through search engine optimization techniques and your relative choice of words in your articles. I can be an editor if you so desire to edit your work professionally.

How does bloggers make their money?
Through Google adsense, ad space, affiliate marketing

How much does it cost to open a blog?
You have to pay for hosting/ domain name: If you are really interested, holla back.

Check out my blog link on my signature. Feel free to ask anything you wish to know in detail.

Have a good weekend
Re: A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? by RedCard1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
digitite: Blogging is interesting. But a key ingredient is that you have to be passionate about your chosen field.

For a start:

What do you wanna blog about ?
You will have to find a niche that isn't very competitive and can grow in time.

How can one get traffic on his/her blog?
You can get traffic through search engine optimization techniques and your relative choice of words in your articles. I can be an editor if you so desire to edit your work professionally.

How does bloggers make their money?
Through Google adsense, ad space, affiliate marketing

How much does it cost to open a blog?
You have to pay for hosting/ domain name: If you are really interested, holla back.

Check out my blog link on my signature. Feel free to ask anything you wish to know in detail.

Have a good weekend

thanks..I will surely visit your blog.
Re: A Thread For Bloggers! How Is The Blogging Business Like? by Success86(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ Red Card. Blogging is very good and interesting, at the same time it is lucrative if you take it as a business. You already posses one of the characteristics of a blogger and that is ability to write rich content, but that alone does not guarantee success in blogging. You must have strong passion and patience because it may take time before you begin to make reasonable money that you can live on.
Concerning the questions you ask, you will need between 10,000 and 20,000 naira if you want to see result within a short time. The money will be spent on domain name registration,hosting and internet access. You can start with no capital but it take along time to start to make reasonable money.
The major way to drive traffic is through search engine so you must do what we call search engine optimization (SEO) very well for your article to rank high on search engines.You can also get traffic through social networks and paid advert.
Lastly, you can make money through advert, affiliate marketing, selling of products or rendering services etc.
For complete guide on how to start your blogging career visit this blog: http://perfectbusinessguide.com/blog-business-ideas/
Feel free to contact me if you have any question.

(1) (Reply)

Marine Engineers Onboard / Special Peachtree & Tally.erp9 Training / Is Nigeria Worth Dying For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.