Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. (18361 Views)

PHOTOS: 2015 Africa Fashion Week London / 16year Old Nigerian Designer, Tumisola Ladega Wins Jimmy Choo Bursary Prize(pix) / African Fashion Week London 2012 (2) (3) (4)

Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Shinor(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2013
A self taught designer who surprised many with the quality of her work was Tumisola Ladega of Nigerian descent. She is only 14.
" I started designing many years ago. My designs were simple but they've definitely progressed since then and got more professional and more edgy" Ms Ladega told the BBC.
She will be showing the full range of her new collection MONO CHAIN at the Maryland Fashion Expo in Baltimore on Sunday 11 August 2013. The show however is on from 9 - 11 August 2013
Last year she won the FDC Young Designer of the Year award in London and was at the Florida Fashion Expo in October 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23551208

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Ice4jez(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
this child is gifted oh.see graduate dey house dey fast and pray while from small God has bless this one.wish some perent can be wiser and know der kids talent from when dey are kids.

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow!
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by udilson: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
I see wit all dat bra fully her chest nd still she dey calim 14 years naija wahala
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by bolakale30(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nigeria has definitely got talented peeps... either born, bred here or outside, the term "Nigerian" is potential laden... thumbs up girl.... may God punish Yerima... Say Amen if u understand my curse ! grin

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by bolakale30(m): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
udilson: I see wit all dat bra fully her chest nd still she dey calim 14 years naija wahala
chief, she is not necessarily the one modelling her designs...

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
udilson: I see wit all dat bra fully her chest nd still she dey calim 14 years naija wahala
Where is her pinshure, make I c..
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by john1632: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dis is d kind of child i want 2 giv birt 2.
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Her brothers and sisters are here on nl posting wobish

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Pstsmith(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
While some kidz of his age are busy asking for ice cream....good one!

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by dasparrow: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
@Post

She is so talented. Thank God she is born and raised in England. If not, Senator Yerima or men who share his mindset will be looking to marry her and turn her into a baby breeding machine. Thank God for abroad atimes.

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Aromas: 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
john1632: Dis is d kind of child i want 2 giv birt 2.

Really
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by iamswizz(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
Naija don Run claim am..

If na terrorist now..

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by switdil(f): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
john1632: Dis is d kind of child i want 2 giv birt 2.
u can if u work hard at it.
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by tellwisdom: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
This one na cloths ??...You will find all these cloths she's putting on, on the floor in my kitchen as rags sad
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by popsy007(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
Like seriously,she got talent grin
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
bolakale30: Nigeria has definitely got talented peeps... either born, bred here or outside, the term "Nigerian" is potential laden... thumbs up girl.... may God punish Yerima... Say Amen if u understand my curse ! grin

AMEN
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Ayorh4you(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
How does this stop the bombing and killing of innocent souls in the northern part of Nigeria? Lorbwishhhhh
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
I don't believe the story for so many reasons but even if na true,the girl get strong backbone.. As in,the parents hold bar pieces & they well connected cos to appear for shows like this means a lot and politics go dey involve. Anyways,congrats to her
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by OCTAVO: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow!!!
That's all I can say cheesy
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Ozone4eva: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow! Her designs are Fab
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by WhyAWhy(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
sanniemoe: I don't believe the story for so many reasons but even if na true,the girl get strong backbone.. As in,the parents hold bar pieces & they well connected cos to appear for shows like this means a lot and politics go dey involve. Anyways,congrats to her

When you grow up/live/ work outside nigeria/africa, you require little influence to progress in life. The society offers equal opportunity everywhere. It's no longer a function of man knows man but man has "this and that" to offer.

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Really gifted.
Last Bullet:
But this can't be achieved without constant practice, even if she has the resources to learn fashion designing very well. The zeal & determination to keep practicing is very vital.

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by riskit33: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
scipher: Her brothers and sisters are here on nl posting wobish
and you're one of them! wink
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
WhyAWhy:

When you grow up/live/ work outside nigeria/africa, you require little influence to progress in life. The society offers equal opportunity everywhere. It's no longer a function of man knows man but man has "this and that" to offer.

U need influence to participate in shows like this. I'm a clothier and I know what I'm saying. I know how these things works in the fashion industry cos I'm a clothier too. U gotta have a strong backbone to perform in shows like this plus at fourteen years,where she go get money from? u think say na cowrie dem dey take buy materials,who go pay her tailors(dont gimme that crap she sewed it herself),who will pay the models,makeup artists,the photographers,the stylists,etc she's got wealthy parents or someone behind with very strong connects.. I stand firm on that..

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by Sanboy25: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice! cheesy
Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by PatAkpos: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ayorh4you: How does this stop the bombing and killing of innocent souls in the northern part of Nigeria? Lorbwishhhhh
How does your comment above stop the bombing & killing of innocent souls in the northern part of Nigeria & what quota have u contributed to ensure it? Enemies of progress, be happy for others for once! Abi na she send boko haram message?

Re: Tumisola Ladega 14-Year-Old Designer At Africa Fashion Week London. by sharpboyus(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tumisola Ladega

Clean And Clear Or Neutrogena Which Is Better? / #tgt: Thick Girl Thursday, An Appreciation Of Fuller Figure Women / Perfumes For Sale