Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (528440 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 6:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Okay, I have a question to ask but I think it is too early. Make I wait small. Please ride on bro...!!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Neduzze5: Okay, I have a question to ask but I think it is too early. Make I wait small. Please ride on bro...!!

Classes continue tonight by God's grace. Ask your questions my guy. As we progress we would trash them out. No reason others, I'm sure they're observing the matter. BTW hope you've tried the rest codes and they'll worked.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chaloner(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ans1: document.getElementById() ans2: document.write(). Thank God I'm learning..... Bliv me I will be d new SP here
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
chaloner: Ans1: document.getElementById() ans2: document.write(). Thank God I'm learning..... Bliv me I will be d new SP here

Anything is possible man. Classes continues soon.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Breezy90(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
hello house i am new here.i just finished my website design program and what i used was mainly dreamweaver fireworks switchmax and macromedia flash.i can design so much but the problem now is some pple do use code do i nid to learn those codings or i am gud to go wit dreamweaver.also i wil nid sum1 who i can attach wit and probably work wit.thanks
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Breezy90: hello house i am new here.i just finished my website design program and what i used was mainly dreamweaver fireworks switchmax and macromedia flash.i can design so much but the problem now is some pple do use code do i nid to learn those codings or i am gud to go wit dreamweaver.also i wil nid sum1 who i can attach wit and probably work wit.thanks

In as much as I respect your field of software enabled web design. As an ethical coder, its natural to say that you haven't started web designing at all. With a little scripting lang like Js your software enabled website would be pulled down between 5mins. I'm not saying all coded sites have strong security ooo. But coding makes you versatile, with the knowledge of js, php, mysql just to mention a few you can function as a programmer when the need arises.

So my advice to you is this. You have an upper edge, so complete yourself by learning the art of coding.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Breezy90(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

In as much as I respect your field of software enabled web design. As an ethical coder, its natural to say that you haven't started web designing at all. With a little scripting lang like Js your software enabled website would be pulled down between 5mins. I'm not saying all coded sites have strong security ooo. But coding makes you versatile, with the knowledge of js, php, mysql just to mention a few you can function as a programmer when the need arises.

So my advice to you is this. You have an upper edge, so complete yourself by learning the art of coding.
wow so you mean i have to go back and learn the coding aspect of it.....ah just wasted 30k for nothing sha.. angry..thanks bro
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
Breezy90: wow so you mean i have to go back and learn the coding aspect of it.....ah just wasted 30k for nothing sha.. angry..thanks bro

It depends on what you want, you may decide not to learn coding and stick to your softwares. Bit if you really know that you want to be outstanding as a web designer and developer, the coding is the next art for you.

Truth is, I would love to learn how to use those softwares too.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
You did not wast any money,atleast you are able to design using a software,what of those who knows nothing,well as for me I through with html and css tutorial in nairaland,but in w3schools,I am just starting css,as for javasricpt,please bro @appliedmaths explain more,because the way @iyedimofe taught us html and css was really good,so please improve,anyway thanks for keeping the thread going........I love it www.vstuffs.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Vstuffs: You did not wast any money,atleast you are able to design using a software,what of those who knows nothing,well as for me I through with html and css tutorial in nairaland,but in w3schools,I am just starting css,as for javasricpt,please bro @appliedmaths explain more,because the way @iyedimofe taught us html and css was really good,so please improve,anyway thanks for keeping the thread going........I love it www.vstuffs.

Every man has his own pattern, but if I may say I think my explanations are very detailed and broken down into bits. Just read through I'm sure you'll grasp the whole thing. We would still come to CSS3 and HTML 5, but I also encourage personal research. Read through my Js it's very simplified. Stay tuned man, class continue...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by 9free(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Every man has his own pattern, but if I may say I think my explanations are very detailed and broken down into bits. Just read through I'm sure you'll grasp the whole thing. We would still come to CSS3 and HTML 5, but I also encourage personal research. Read through my Js it's very simplified. Stay tuned man, class continue...
Just disgesting everything, no questions so far.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 2:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Js Statements

Js statements are "commands" to the browser. It's what you want the browser to do at that particular point in time.

The purpose of the statements is to tell the
browser what to do.

This Js statement tells the browser
to write "Hello World" inside an HTML element

with id="demo " :

document.getElementById
("demo" ). innerHTML= "Hello
World" ;

Semicolon ;

Semicolon separates JS statements. I have said this before.

Normally you add a semicolon at the end of
each executable statement.

Using semicolons also makes it possible to
write many statements on one line.

Js Code

Js code (or just Js) is a
sequence of Js statements. Which also means Js codes is a command to the browser.

Each statement is executed by the browser
in the sequence they are written.

This example will manipulate two HTML
elements:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>My Web Page</h1>

<p id="demo " >A Paragraph.</p>

<div id="myDIV " >A DIV.</div>

<script>

document.getElementById("demo " ).innerHTML="Hello World" ;
document.getElementById("myDIV " ).innerHTML="I am here " ;

</script>

</body>
</html>

In the example above, the js codes are coded inside the body section of the HTML page. For those that like using the external js file for coding all you need to do is to extract the PURE js codes to your external js file, then you link it. We have treated this before.

Also in the example above we have manipulated two elements at the same time. You can manipulate as many as you please.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 2:35am On Dec 23, 2013
NOW PAY ATTENTION!!!

Js Code Blocks

Js statements can be grouped
together in blocks.

Blocks start with a left curly bracket, and end
with a right curly bracket.

The purpose of a block is to make the
sequence of statements execute together.

A good example of statements grouped
together in blocks, are Js functions.

This example will run a function that will
manipulate two HTML elements:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>My Web Page</h1>

<p id="myPar " >I am a paragraph.</p>
<div id="myDiv " >I am a div.</div>

<p>

<button type="button" onclick="myFunction() " >Try it</button>
</p>

<script>
function myFunction()
{
document.getElementById("myPar " ).innerHTML="Hello World " ;
document.getElementById("myDiv " ).innerHTML="I am here";
}
</script>

<p>When you click on "Try it", the two elements will change.</p>

</body>
</html>

We introduced "function myFunction()" as a Block to pack the js codes together so they can function at the same time together.

The function myFunction() inside the script tag is complementing the other function myFunction() in the button tag.

NB: The js code used in the example above complements the HTML paragraph I'd and Division I'd.

The block is used to pack the Js codes only, we do not have any business in blocking the HTML codes.

Don't worry about the function myFunction() element it's a topic on its own. We will get there.

Q: Why do we use a block to pack js codes together?

Assingment: Try using the external js file on all the examples we have discussed so far.

HINT: create a new .js file, link it with the HTML page you want to use and code on.

Just digest this one, then we move forward. This is the foundation that's why I'm not rushing it.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 2:46am On Dec 23, 2013
KNOW THIS.

White Space

Just like HTML Js also ignores extra spaces. You can add
white space to your script to make it more
readable.

If you noticed I've been adding white spaces to the js codes I've been writing here since we began this lecture.

Break up a Code Line

The need may arise to lap one text under another, if you don't want the whole statement to run on a straight line.

You can break up a code line within a text
string with a backslash.

The example below
will break the statement "Hello world!":

document.write("Hello
\
World!" ) ;

However, you cannot break up a code line
like this:

document.write\
("Hello World!" ) ;

END NOTE: Don't be in a hurry, please make sure you confirm and memorize all the codes given here.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by princeinzion: 3:34am On Dec 23, 2013
deleted
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 1:41am On Dec 24, 2013
KAI DEM DON PASS ME, APPLIEDMATHS WHY YOU NO PASS MY SIDE MAKE YOU CALL ME WHEN YOU DEY GO CLASS NOW?

ANYWAY THANKS AT HOD AND NEW LECTURER, MERRY XMAS YALL ALLTHOUGH THEM DON POSTPONE THE CHRISTMAS FOR MY SIDE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS THEM RELEASE NEW DATE BY THEN I GO DECLARE FOR THIS THREAD FRONT PAGE
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by IamGodzilla: 3:27am On Dec 24, 2013
Hiyeps: i am having a problem with my blog Rss feed.anytime i like it,it will transfer me to my fb book.i want to connect my blog to my fb page so that any tin i post will be seen on my fb page.....pls i need your help.\
my page www.facebook.com/nikkymi01
my blog; www.nikkymi..com

You can use this service
http://networkedblogs.com
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 4:00am On Dec 24, 2013
brownlord: KAI DEM DON PASS ME, APPLIEDMATHS WHY YOU NO PASS MY SIDE MAKE YOU CALL ME WHEN YOU DEY GO CLASS NOW?

ANYWAY THANKS AT HOD AND NEW LECTURER, MERRY XMAS YALL ALLTHOUGH THEM DON POSTPONE THE CHRISTMAS FOR MY SIDE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS THEM RELEASE NEW DATE BY THEN I GO DECLARE FOR THIS THREAD FRONT PAGE

Baba nor mind me jare. As our class rep I go personally pause the lecture 4 some few hours cool make you scan the js things wella.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by 9free(m): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Baba nor mind me jare. As our class rep I go personally pause the lecture 4 some few hours cool make you scan the js things wella.
Omo this Js thing no easy oooohhh.
Make I just dey folow am small small....
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Now someone may be asking himself:

Why do I even need to manipulate an HTML element through its paragraph using Js?

Can't I just directly write what I want in the HTML paragraph and save myself all the stress?

Well the simple answer to this question is that, you're still at the beginning stage of js and the idea here is to learn how to manipulate(enter) elements (HTML and even CSS) with Js.

As the class proceeds, you'll see other important application of Js manipulation.

Digest all you can and ask questions class continues after I get a satisfactory feedback...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by idlatest(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2013
Breezy90: hello house i am new here.i just finished my website design program and what i used was mainly dreamweaver fireworks switchmax and macromedia flash.i can design so much but the problem now is some pple do use code do i nid to learn those codings or i am gud to go wit dreamweaver.also i wil nid sum1 who i can attach wit and probably work wit.thanks
mehn d is no nid of going bak to learn coding, d same code dat u use in dreamveaver dats d same u can use on ur notepadplus-plus.by d way as a web developer u cant host ur site on a localhost server e.g wamp or xamp widout d help of dreamveaver, is just dat dreamveaver help in completion of code and in sugestion and dat mak it simple
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by idlatest(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2013
As for me i started wif notepad leta use komodo edit bt now am using adobe dreamveaver cs5
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
@Appliedmaths thank u very serious bros ,u ar just making Js codes easily chewable ,but please and please inject more examples and diagrams for easy assimilation
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
chiboy429: @Appliedmaths thank u very serious bros ,u ar just making Js codes easily chewable ,but please and please inject more examples and diagrams for easy assimilation

Na moderm things my guy. Maybe when I resume school I go see Wlan use.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
I gt Questions o... But I qotta wait for JS functions, I just tire. JS is not like HTML and CSS at all. That's why many are complaining that appliedmaths is not detailing, but I tell you He's good, I just started understanding somethings about JS. I wish I can see you physically. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 2:34am On Dec 27, 2013
Boy Coy Toy: I gt Questions o... But I qotta wait for JS functions, I just tire. JS is not like HTML and CSS at all. That's why many are complaining that appliedmaths is not detailing, but I tell you He's good, I just started understanding somethings about JS. I wish I can see you physically. Thumbs up

Baba send me PM I go see am, we go everly relate. That's D thing with Js, since its a new language, it still looks strange to the brain. Na small small.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by worldofart: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
[b]how do i create my own web hosting, create my own website, with my phote or pc
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Baba send me PM I go see am, we go everly relate. That's D thing with Js, since its a new language, it still looks strange to the brain. Na small small.
Just email me on mathewtimothy75@yahoo.com or whatsapp 08093276708
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
worldofart: [b]how do i create my own web hosting, create my own website, with my phote or pc

There are two distinct ways on which you can create your website.

1) Natural coding. That's what this thread is all about.

2) The use of softwares like joomla, wordpress etc.

Web design and development is serious business, so do it on your pc.

Creating your own web hosting, is another large profiting venture. Google would help you on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.