Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

............... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ............... (3671 Views)

Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers / Any Software Product From "nairaland Programmers"? / All Programmers Are Self Taught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

............... by Ymodulus: 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
the following programmers .

1. Webdezzi - You are no longer my friend! joking.
2. Javanian - I have disowned u
3. PC Guru - You no try guy u fuk me up.
4. LordZouga you no be my guy again.
5. WhiZTiM - hmmmmmm if i catch you na die. i swear.
6. Brains123 - go change that name.
7. Fayimora, - I been think say u just dey hail Java and Ruby for this forum. i no no say na me dey deluded.
8. kodewrita - Na wicked writa u be.

And please can any body help me with a good Python and Ruby web host? Thanks. Foreign Host Please.

Note!! Note i meant not to insult. Pls if u feel u dont like this i will pull it down.

Thanks
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: ............... by Kingsonly: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lol every one has what dey like n what comes easy to them am a php programmer and I love it like it was my gf cool to me its cool and simple and it gets my work done
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: ............... by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ymodulus: the following programmers .

1. Webdezzi - You are no longer my friend! joking.
2. Javanian - I have disowned u
3. PC Guru - You no try guy u fuk me up.
4. LordZouga you no be my guy again.
5. WhiZTiM - hmmmmmm if i catch you na die. i swear.
6. Brains123 - go change that name.
7. Fayimora, - I been think say u just dey hail Java and Ruby for this forum. i no no say na me dey deluded.
8. kodewrita - Na wicked writa u be.

And please can any body help me with a good Python and Ruby web host? Thanks. Foreign Host Please.

Note!! Note i meant not to insult. Pls if u feel u dont like this i will pull it down.

Thanks

Seriously i cannot recall a scenario that depicted me involved in an activity where i was in a situation to be fuked up to another party on NL, i have practically been absent to focus on my exams and projects, besides in order for me to f up, won't i be required to do a request,so am a bit confused unless you are refering to pcguru and not pc guru
Re: ............... by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
also i am not a PHP developer, i know PHP i use whatever is needed for me to work, i find it childish to wage wars to dev just because we use PHP, who does that. undecided
Re: ............... by Fayimora(m): 12:02am On Aug 04, 2013
Ymodulus: the following programmers .

Not sure I understand your post but I'm interested in this statement. I really love Ruby. I have nothing much against Java but I use Scala instead now as it's ... oh well
Re: ............... by Seun(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2013
I'm glad that you're loving Python and other real programming languages. tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ............... by Djtm(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Looks like I'll learn python or something.
Re: ............... by Djtm(m): 12:14am On Aug 04, 2013
Seun: I'm glad that you're loving Python and other real programming languages. tongue

haba!
Re: ............... by ooman(m): 3:24am On Aug 04, 2013
Ymodulus: I meant no offense.

I am a php Developer; though i don't comment or visit the programming or webmaster board regularly bcuz i was angry at seun discrimination towards php developers/coders.

how do you expect anyone to know you and help you in your plight when you dont visit or comment regularly?
Re: ............... by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 04, 2013
Welcome #TeamPython
left php for python, no regrets whatsoever
Re: ............... by Javanian: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2013
@op like seriously? you hated Seun because he didn't like PHP?? LMAO grin

I think the issue here is that this language called PHP is breeding alot of quacks in this field thanks to joomla, wordpress and what have you. The language may have its own flaws but there is no perfect language. I for a person if i meet you and you tell me PHP is the only language you code in i would always look down at you. I know its a wrong thing to do but sometimes i just cant help it. My views however have changed as i have come to discover that these languages are just tools, and has nothing to with the developer in person. I respect pc guru a lot for his flair in what? Javascript!! I have seen this guy do a lot of really wonderful things with it.

It is a very good thing that you have tried out Python and Ruby and you have seen things for yourself. About a year ago, after much procrastination, i decided to leave Standalone/Console application dev and do some web development i learnt Servlets, Jsp and Scala. Scala seemed the way to go but i haven't had enough time to gain expertise in it, I hate Jsp! for no just cause maybe its because the syntax is like that of PHP and i got emotional about it so i later opted in for Servlets. Although, i later decided to abandon web development because the field is tooooo crowded, just tooo crowded, so i decided to abandon it and go for mobile app dev and all of a sudden the field is also getting crowded! So i decided to opt in for Game Development, i am not one yet but i hope to be one someday...

After the Java vs C++ argument here, i pondered alot about the issue, i seriously wondered why i would pick C++ over Java if they can be used to achieve the same thing and Java would almost certainly do it in less time. After much pondering i decided to have a conversation with some guys that had C++ as their default language, this included two reds on TopCoder, 90% of them also knew Java and admitted the reason they choose C++ over Java on most occasions is that they were taught/learnt C++ first! They spent alot of time learning it Hence it is very difficult to leave their comfort zone...

I think we should stop this stereotyping and discrimination as they are very useless. Nairaland, the most visited site in Africa, with over 3 million unique visitors monthly was built with python, but to 98% of those users Python is just a Snake, a reptile, a very large snake!! They don't care which language NL was built with...If assembly language is your comfort zone and would get the job done, use it! if its PHP, use it! what ever it is, use it! What matters here is the end users every other thing is secondary, Real Programmers Ship! i would prefer if we have arguments like Quick sort vs Merge sort, iterators vs recursion, Breadth first search vs Depth Search, this would make more sense

Enough said! whew!

8 Likes

Re: ............... by lordZOUGA(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2013
depth search over breadth first. recursion over iteration. quick sort over merge sort.

1 Like

Re: ............... by Javanian: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2013
lordZOUGA: depth search over breadth first. recursion over iteration. quick sort over merge sort.

why recursion over iteration?
Re: ............... by lordZOUGA(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2013
Javanian:

why recursion over iteration?
elegance
Re: ............... by olyjosh(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2013
Javanian: I think we should stop this stereotyping and discrimination as they are very useless. Nairaland, the most visited site in Africa, with over 3 million unique visitors monthly was built with python, but to 98% of those users Python is just a Snake, a reptile, a very large snake!! They don't care which language NL was built with...If assembly language is your comfort zone and would get the job done, use it! if its PHP, use it! what ever it is, use it! What matters here is the end users every other thing is secondary, Real Programmers Ship! i would prefer if we have arguments like Quick sort vs Merge sort, iterators vs recursion, Breadth first search vs Depth Search, this would make more sense

Enough said! whew!

You 've just made a statement that i love to read and share in any web and programming forum section(However, No share button here "we will fix that... retweet" shocked).
Yes, it's time NL programming section start discussing complex Algorithm topics, find algorithm flaws and try to bring it forward for debate, developing home made SDKs. However, we should stop unnecessary discrimination of programming languages. Yes, you can review languages to know which one is best for you, find ratings online about them but you don't have to make some developers feel bad about what they 've known and that is working for them. Anyway, I see no reason why Seun reject php developers in most things he does, though I'm not a php developer,

//I
//CODE
//JAVA

but i understand php, i do work with it and i ve seen beatiful and successful projects that i ve been done with it :
Facebook - the most used social networking site.
Joomla, drupal, wordpress among other top 10 open source scripts. etc
Re: ............... by megaplaza(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2013
Recursion over Iteration? It depends on the use case. Write a recursive factorial function that calculates factorial of say 1billion or 500million and lets see if you wont have stack overflow error. Recursion is not memory friendly and once you have a problem that involves recursive calls that runs into thousands you are bound to have a problem.

1 Like

Re: ............... by Picomon(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
@OP go use digitalocean.com for hosting of ur web app. Thanks me later.
Re: ............... by mj(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Javanian: @op like seriously? you hated Seun because he didn't like PHP?? LMAO grin

I think the issue here is that this language called PHP is breeding alot of quacks in this field thanks to joomla, wordpress and what have you. The language may have its own flaws but there is no perfect language. I for a person if i meet you and you tell me PHP is the only language you code in i would always look down at you. I know its a wrong thing to do but sometimes i just cant help it. My views however have changed as i have come to discover that these languages are just tools, and has nothing to with the developer in person. I respect pc guru a lot for his flair in what? Javascript!! I have seen this guy do a lot of really wonderful things with it.

It is a very good thing that you have tried out Python and Ruby and you have seen things for yourself. About a year ago, after much procrastination, i decided to leave Standalone/Console application dev and do some web development i learnt Servlets, Jsp and Scala. Scala seemed the way to go but i haven't had enough time to gain expertise in it, I hate Jsp! for no just cause maybe its because the syntax is like that of PHP and i got emotional about it so i later opted in for Servlets. Although, i later decided to abandon web development because the field is tooooo crowded, just tooo crowded, so i decided to abandon it and go for mobile app dev and all of a sudden the field is also getting crowded! So i decided to opt in for Game Development, i am not one yet but i hope to be one someday...

After the Java vs C++ argument here, i pondered alot about the issue, i seriously wondered why i would pick C++ over Java if they can be used to achieve the same thing and Java would almost certainly do it in less time. After much pondering i decided to have a conversation with some guys that had C++ as their default language, this included two reds on TopCoder, 90% of them also knew Java and admitted the reason they choose C++ over Java on most occasions is that they were taught/learnt C++ first! They spent alot of time learning it Hence it is very difficult to leave their comfort zone...

I think we should stop this stereotyping and discrimination as they are very useless. Nairaland, the most visited site in Africa, with over 3 million unique visitors monthly was built with python, but to 98% of those users Python is just a Snake, a reptile, a very large snake!! They don't care which language NL was built with...If assembly language is your comfort zone and would get the job done, use it! if its PHP, use it! what ever it is, use it! What matters here is the end users every other thing is secondary, Real Programmers Ship! i would prefer if we have arguments like Quick sort vs Merge sort, iterators vs recursion, Breadth first search vs Depth Search, this would make more sense

Enough said! whew!
Thank you, Although my favourite language is C#, but I have done lots of project with php.
Use what works for you, I can build a better nairaland with php if I want to do it.
EOD pls, let's focus on what Javanian said.
Re: ............... by Ajibel(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
I dont hate on any language like before. Just pick a language that suits ur style and make u feel comfortable. I dumped Java for Python last year and relegated PHP to the sidelines but that doesnt mean both langs are wack! Welcome to Python doe smiley
Re: ............... by Pins(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
While php is discriminated is because of how vulnerable it is but it is still a good language just learn to use what meets ur need and you are good in it.as for me i don't advise knowing one language only or u could become achaic.and asp.net too should not be forgotten
Re: ............... by cannonnier(m): 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote]all nairaland programmers are wicked ![quote]
I hope that doesn't include you, cos i'm coming over to your side so that yot can teach me.
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
megaplaza: Recursion over Iteration? It depends on the use case. Write a recursive factorial function that calculates factorial of say 1billion or 500million and lets see if you wont have stack overflow error. Recursion is not memory friendly and once you have a problem that involves recursive calls that runs into thousands you are bound to have a problem.

running such on your browser with a mistake will lead to a prob? I dont get where u coming from. However i love Iteration better.
paddy4destiny: Welcome #TeamPython
left php for python, no regrets whatsoever
thanks my man. Yeah pretty easy

Djtm:

haba!
lol

Seun: I'm glad that you're loving Python and other real programming languages. tongue
Djtm:

haba!
lol

Thanks.
Re: ............... by Ymodulus: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: ............... by Raypawer(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Just passing, does it mean that PHP is that useless? Though i work with C#

1 Like

Re: ............... by Kingsonly: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
Php is great and easy have done a review of dem all n I stick with php I would rite a book on it soon
Re: ............... by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ymodulus:

yeah Pcguru not Pc guru. But i can see u both are still same. Dont b angry with my statement pls.

Not really Pcguru talks about internet and free browsing and i mostly web dev, and you can see we are still the same, i think your statement should be totally unfair, times without number i go out of my way to drop articles and write about things to help people out, am not that jobless, i have work in real life,relationship to manage and school projects to be submitted, so its only natural for me to respond like that,besides you said 'You f.cked up'. how do you expect me to be calm about such.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommend A Good Software Programming Training Center In India / Jamb Past Questions API In JSON / How To Add Scratch Card To Website To Check Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.