Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? (898 Views)

The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) / Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Seems some GSM operators are frustrating customers trying to port their numbers to rival networks. I've been trying unsuccessfully to port from MTN to Etisalat for over 4days -process should last no more than 2days.

Good thing that NCC is aware and is looking into it.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/ncc-probes-gsm-operators-for-frustrating-porting-process/

Have you successfully ported your number to another network? Was it smooth? How long did it take?
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by chaloner(m): 1:14am On Aug 04, 2013
3 rats were arguing about who get swags..

1st rat: "I CHOP RAT FOOD WITH POISON, I NO DIE'

2nd Rat: 'I DANCE AZONTO ON TOP OF A TRAP, NOTHIN DO ME'

The 3rd Rat laughed and said "u people are just funny... U SEE THAT CAT OVER THERE, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR HER
PREGNANCY!"

Which of them get swag pass?
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by RootedWord1(m): 7:29am On Aug 04, 2013
I successfully ported from Glo to Airtel on Friday. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. It is even the sim am using to send this reply.
Just be patient, I believe it may be from their system.
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by MiloRambaldi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Rooted Word: I successfully ported from Glo to Airtel on Friday. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. It is even the sim am using to send this reply.
Just be patient, I believe it may be from their system.

3 hours? That's nice. I hope the the delays in mine is just an exception. Will wait patiently. Thanks
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2013
Finally ported successfully. Seems there was a mistake in the initial request submitted by Etisalat, once they cancelled it and submitted it afresh, porting completed in about 2hours.
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by RootedWord1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
MiloRambaldi: Finally ported successfully. Seems there was a mistake in the initial request submitted by Etisalat, once they cancelled it and submitted it afresh, porting completed in about 2hours.

Congrats, welcome to the club. Hope you are enjoying the new network?
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Rooted Word:

Congrats, welcome to the club. Hope you are enjoying the new network?

So far, no complaints- voice and data service has been good. Long may this continue.
Re: What's Your GSM Number Porting Experience? by emmysharp(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
MiloRambaldi: Seems some GSM operators are frustrating customers trying to port their numbers to rival networks. I've been trying unsuccessfully to port from MTN to Etisalat for over 4days -process should last no more than 2days.

Good thing that NCC is aware and is looking into it.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/ncc-probes-gsm-operators-for-frustrating-porting-process/

Have you successfully ported your number to another network? Was it smooth? How long did it take?

See a personal porting experience here:

http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/from-mtn-to-etisalat-my-porting-experience

HOW TO PORT: http://www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/mobile-number-portability-how-to-port-from-one-network-to-another

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why My Android Smartphone Is Better Than A Girl Friend / Do Glo BIS Work On PC?? / Omegatron Olx Profile Scam Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.