Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity (2783 Views)

Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. / New Group Accuses Gov Fashola And Ex-gov Tinubu Of Corruption And Abuse Of Offic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
sealit:

Yes it is reunion- simples!!! get over it and the reunion will continue ad infinitum

you can not re-unite people who are not asking for one

thats deportation and forceful relocation of Nigerians and the consequences of this is grave
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
awodman: Just a question...what will it cost Fashola to apologize for dumping people under a bridge by 3am in the morning...I have never seen Fashola admit been wrong on any issue...

That's the point here. Fashola and APC prefer grand standing rather that accept responsibilty for the misdeed and seek forgiveness.

One of the victims said she was simply talking to someone by the roadside before being kidnapped by Fashola's agent. She also said no one bothered to ask her what she does

Who does this sort of thing to citizen? Do we have neo-Nazis in government now?
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
hope the mods are watching pointb insult for telling me to check into a looney. Somebody should take care of him before i upload my vitrol mode.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by sealit: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
radiofreaked: hope the mods are watching pointb insult for telling me to check into a looney. Somebody should take care of him before i upload my vitrol mode.

I can assure you nothing will happen to him

The Igbo mods will just watch till you react and then ban you instead
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
sealit:

there are no consequences at all. the worst that will happen is for people to come here and shout!!!!

Your protests will not stop traffic!!!

Lagos is moving on!!!

ok carry on now
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by sealit: 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
mikeansy:

ok carry on now

We dont need you to tell us that, we have already moved on. The reunion of destitutes to Iweka bridge is stale news to us. We are more concerned about the latest projects to be announced. We are also waiting to see if Ladipo will be demolished and ownership reassessed
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Akpaife(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
What is APC?
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by hardniola(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
my msg is clear,MOD why hide my post
i said it again dat ibo we rather call d man a lier
instead of addressing d msg.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
PointB:

That's the point here. Fashola and APC prefer grand standing rather that accept responsibilty for the misdeed and seek forgiveness.

One of the victims said she was simply talking to someone by the roadside before being kidnapped by Fashola's agent. She also said no one bothered to ask her what she does

your double standard wanna make me puke. Akwa ibom and ebonyi citizens were dumped in their home state you did not scream blue murder.

Abia sack non abians in their civil service no word from you.

2 loonie lagosians were sent back from akwa ibom no wortds from yo.

You and your folks were in party mood when norherns were sent home ditto for some yorubas taken back to ibadan and osogbo.

Now its the turn of the big hammer to hit your kinsmen and y'all whiners are bringing up your trademark noise making it does not baffle we itsekiris only if our yoruba cousins has seen you lots the way niger deltans see you lots.

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
radiofreaked: hope the mods are watching pointb insult for telling me to check into a looney. Somebody should take care of him before i upload my vitrol mode.

Comprehension is obviously didfficult for you. Again I suggest you join the growing army of FTC (First To Comment) looners if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Akpa ife: What is APC?

Kind sir,
APC simply means Anger & Pain Contraption!
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
PointB:

Comprehension is obviously didfficult for you. Again I suggest you join the growing army of FTC (First To Post) looners if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic.

hope the mods are watching. Abusing forumites is still an offence on this board now the guy is even not only abusing but addressing first to comment guys lunatic. After 20 and no action taken against this guy i will grab my sword and slice him up.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
radiofreaked:

your double standard wanna make me puke. Akwa ibom and ebonyi citizens were dumped in their home state you did not scream blue murder.

2 loonie lagosians were sent back from akwa ibom no wortds from yo.

Yet another display of comprehension problem. Show us the kidnapping, lenghty detention, and dumping by bridge head in the dead of night in the cases you highlighted above!
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
These clowns are fond of being clever by half. . .making a lot of noise without addressing the MAIN issues:

1. Were the victims sent back (in the name of re-integration) with their unforced consent, or were they deported against their will and/or under duress?

2. Is it constitutional and legal to forcefully repatriate Nigerian citizens from one part of the country to another, under any circumstances whatsoever other than the individual's own volitive request (due to their inability to travel on their own, because of financial difficulties perhaps)?

These are the ONLY important issues. It is inconsequential whether there are precedents or not. Precedents are only admissible in law, not in illegality. There are several 'precedents' for genocide in contemporary human history: Is that sufficient justification for genocide? Does it make any difference whether Fashola 'notified' Obi in advance? If I notify you that I will commit murder, will that 'gesture' de-criminalise my action when perpetrated?

The fact that some people tolerate bullshyte does not make it right. Others may refuse to accept such bullshyte, and you can't accuse them of not abiding by convention. Convention is a poor substitute for common sense and decency, and an even poorer substitute for constitutionality.

4 Likes

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by masu: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why We Deported 67 Citizens From Lagos State – Fashola’s Aide

Posted by: daniel on July 29, 2013

babatunde_raji_fasholaThe Lagos State Government has responded to criticisms of its alleged deportation of no fewer than 67 Nigerian citizens from the state to the Upper Iweka Bridge in Onitsha, Anambra State, saying the exercise was continuous as it started the practice of expelling beggars and destitutes rescued from the streets back to their states of origin in a bid to rid the streets of beggars and the mentally-challenged.

Speaking to The Guardian, Special Adviser to Governor Raji Fashola on Youths and Social Development, Dr. Enitan Dolapo Badru, said so far, at least 1,708 beggars and destitute had been expelled from Lagos just as he noted that normal international standard requires the state to reunite them with their families.

“The end result is to reunite them back with their families. We are not repatriating them out of Lagos, we are reuniting them with their families because once we rescue them, we cannot as a government, hold a child under the age of 18 in custody without parental or guardian’s consent. We found out that a lot of children on the streets of Lagos come from outside the state thinking that Lagos is an Eldorado. It is unfortunate that many of them are underage and very vulnerable because they can be introduced to so many vices.

“When we rescue them, we try as much as possible to carry out social investigation to know where they actually come from and why they absconded in the first place. And this takes time, because most of them don’t usually tell the truth since they don’t want to go back home. Once we have them in our custody, we must take a Court Order to keep them since the law provides for that and we cannot keep them indefinitely, so we still need to send them back to their parents. And our practice is to get in touch with the social welfare services of their respective states, which would in turn get in touch with the families,” he said.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/why-we-deported-67-citizens-from-lagos-state-fasholas-aide.html

FASHOLA FASHOLA FASHOLA, HOW MANYTIMES DID I CALL YOU?

WHAT KILLS A MAN CAN BE THE SAME THAT MAKE HIM.

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by billante(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
What is the difference btw this Lai statement and nairaland tribal war threads!

I won't be surprise if lai has a moniker here on nairaland.

Since APC executives members are members of nairaland and sees what am typing....let them know they have drawn the line of war and the unity of this country is going up in smokes.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
PointB:

Yet another display of comprehension problem. Show us the kidnapping, lenghty detention, and dumping by bridge head in the dead of night in the cases you highlighted above!

educating you is harder than drilling for oil in switerzland. I know your tribal blind eyes didnt see the part were ibadan guys were dumped on molete bridge and all the cries by akala then. Skewed logic is worst than no logic.

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
I honestly can not believe that educated Yoruba people will support this racist and tribal policy openly being pursued by an elected Government.

At the airport some days ago I met a Yoruba lady who was simply suggesting that Nigerians should require a visa to visit or stay in Lagos and all the poor people must be sent back to the farms where they belong.

This smells of Nazi Germany!

I really can not believe that this will be possible in modern day Nigeria

and Fashola has the temerity to say it is not 70 it is 14?

well even if it is just 1 person, it is unacceptable
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
billante: What is the difference btw this Lai statement and nairaland tribal war threads!

I won't be surprise if lai has a moniker here on nairaland.

Since APC executives members are members of nairaland and sees what am typing....let them know they have drawn the line of war and the unity of this country is going up in smokes.

hope the mods of this section are seeing this sha.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Fashola commited big blunder here; he's is the one whose action threaten the unity of the country. I fail to see what Obi has done wrong bring this unconstitutionality to public domain.

Fashola should apologise to Nigerians, compensate the victims of his state sponsored kidnapping, release Nigerians still held captive against their wills and close down the various detention camps.

These are the base condition for peace and semblance of normalcy!
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by masu: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
PointB:

MAYBE THE NORTH LIKE THEIR BEGGERS IN LAGOS DEPORTED AND KEEP UNDER A BRIDGE IN BIDA OR KATSINA,
MAYBE OYO,OGUN AND OSUN PPL ALSO LIKE THAT TOO.
BUT WE CAN see that ibos doesn't like it, therefore give them what they like or treat as the law requires.

but sound reasoning tells us that as soon as Nigeria remain a federating unit such things as reuniting people with their kins/kiths is not constitutionally right till we move into confederation.

1 Like

Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
radiofreaked:

educating you is harder than drilling for oil in switerzland. I know your tribal blind eyes didnt see the part were ibadan guys were dumped on molete bridge and all the cries by akala then. Skewed logic is worst than no logic.

So even Akala cried foul and Fashola failed to learn? And you expected us to accept this illegality sheepishly? You must be from Mars!

I mean no disrespect but you shouldn't be here. Go and play with toys or computer games.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by hardniola(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Masu u av not in all way contribute anytin only spite Yoruba,@d end u we say am no ibo am from benue.stop dis hide nd seek nd come out plain.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
masu:

MAYBE THE NORTH LIKE THEIR BEGGERS IN LAGOS DEPORTED AND KEEP UNDER A BRIDGE IN BIDA OR KATSINA,
BUT WE CAN see that ibos doesn't like it, therefore give them what they like or treat as the law requires.

but sound reasoning tells us that as soon as Nigeria remain a federating unit such things as reuniting people with their kins/kiths is not constitutionally right till we move into confederation.

no na airforce one dem suppose you fly them go igboland. Anyway your reasoning affirms my bias about the berom people same way your peeps burnt the biggest shopping mall in west africa in your domain. Hope you had your afternoon dose of burukutu and dog.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by PointB: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
masu:

True talk; until confederation or outright saperation Nigerians must be free to live wherever without fear or favour. It's as simple as that.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by radiofreaked: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
PointB:

So even Akala cried foul and Fashola failed to learn? And you expected us to accept this illegality sheepishly? You must be from Mars!

I mean no disrespect but you shouldn't be here. Go and play with toys or computer games.

stone age reasoniong as always the fact that akala initially protested didnt they solve it without all the media hype obi and his co travellers are bringing to the issue. In fashola words obi do call me for less important issue why making this look like a heaven will fall.

In sept 2012 anambrains were dumped on uppy iweka no noise then the new hummings of the birds is because of the election and i am baffled that with all the mouthing of you guys of not doing herd mentality things bulk of you guys fell for obis dummy.

Keep talk trash the new banning mode of the mods is your saving grace.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by masu: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
I know why APC is joining the wagon, its bcus the whole saga is painting APC in bad light as a tribalist party that it is.
I don't see the reason why most Fashola defendant never find it fit to tell us why reuniting a man with his kiths/kins in the middle of the night under a bride highway.

can they tell us why they couldnt take those 72 to Anambra government house in awka the next morning a close distance from where they dump those innocent citizens. so what if something happens to these people b4 morning.

when you keep a Nigerian in prison or whatever you call it for 6 to 7 months only with the excuse that he is not indigenous to your state therefore he is a begger. too bad I must say.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by masu: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lessons:
when other state including anambra,abuja,akwaibom etc deports people they deport every individual to their home state and within a space of weeks after they were apprehended.

but fasholas own looks dubious by keeping them so long and dumping them under any bridge along the state, and mixing them together irrespective of their home state.

everyother state caught beggars but fasholas KIA etc also apprehend people that are even going to their shops with genuine business in lagos.

a friend of mine complain how they caught his wife and bundle her to alausa just when the nursing woman went out to buy something. when he had the news from passby friends they can only trace these guys to alausa and have to spend #10,000.

from that day I lay curse on fashola with his style of leadership.

can some group from Yoruba tribe stand up and tell fashola that what he did is too bad and shame the devil.
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why is this thread not on front page?
Re: APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity by jbaur24: 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
Soyeinka was not given money like Amaechi did. If not he would have staged a protest. The fault is Obi's, let him send huge brown envelop to that cultist and he will call world press conference.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PZ Cussons To Close Ghana Factory And Concentrate On Profitable Nigeria / Why The Efforts To Suppress Rev. Stephen Davis Findings On Boko Haram? / The Popularity Of GEJ Is Dwindling On Nairaland. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.