Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,317 members, 7,864,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Delta State Press Release - Condolence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Press Release - Condolence (418 Views)

Kano State Press Release On Ese Abduction / Borno State Press Statement On How Deputy Governor Died / Abia State Press Release: Orji Uzor Kalu Not A Graduate Of ABSU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Press Release - Condolence by realnaijaboy: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Delta State Ministry of Information
Summit Road, Asaba

MINISTERIAL PRESS BRIEFING SUSPENDED

It was with profound shock and sadness that the news of the sudden demise of three officials of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) reach me. The officials from the Lagos Council of the Union were involved in a ghastly auto accident last week. 

As a result, the on-going Ministerial Mid-Term Press Conference by commissioners in Delta State is hereby suspended for one week in honour of the three officials who paid the supreme price in their commitment to serve their members and improve the climate for media practice.
The suspension affects the briefings scheduled for Tuesday, August 6 and Thursday, August 8, 2013.

On behalf of the Government and People of Delta State, I extend my heartfelt condolence to the NUJ and media practitioners in Nigeria. We pray the Almighty to grant the souls of the departed eternal rest. To their families and the media community, we pray for divine succor.

The ministerial briefings will resume on Tuesday, August 13, 2013.

Signed
CHIKE C. OGEAHBEsq
Honourable Commissioner for Information
Monday, August 5, 2013

(1) (Reply)

30 Lawyers Set To Battle Anambra Governor / Public Holiday Alert / Eco Manager Jailed Two Years For Stealing 65million Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.