Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Abia Residents Tasked On Cleanliness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Residents Tasked On Cleanliness (423 Views)

Lagos Lgas Tasked To Fund Kogi Election, Csos Kick / While VP Osinbajo Was Tasked To visit IDP Camps,Northerners Were Sharing Offices / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Residents Tasked On Cleanliness by ChibuzorAwgbu: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Aba — The government of Abia State has called on the people of the state, especially Aba residents to be patient with it in its efforts to clean up the state and make it a healthy place to live in.

The Deputy General Manager, Abia State Environmental Protection Agency (ASEPA), Abia division, Dr Okezie Ikpazu, who spoke to journalists in Aba, said the issue of proper waste disposal in Aba needs to be taken seriously.

He said, "Aba is one of the leading cities in terms of domestic waste output. Asa road alone generates 120 tons of domestic waste every day; Ngwa road has about 120 tons. You can calculate how many roads we have. I have not added Ogbor hill, Aba-Owerri road and Port Harcourt-Enugu Express, so you know how many tons of rubbish one has to cope with in Aba everyday", he said.

Source
Re: Abia Residents Tasked On Cleanliness by antartica(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
Waste disposal,cleaning and recycling is quite a big business that is overripe and ready to be tapped into in nigeria.It should be privatized and well subsidized by the faceless governments.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Tell The Imo Emperor? / The Increasing Relevance Of Nairaland In Nigeria's Politics / I Remain In PDP But My Associates Are Set To Register PDM - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.