Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? (1075 Views)

Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? / Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Gracedpen: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Welcome back from the weekend. I’m sure you must have witnessed or seen pictures of wedding ceremonies that held over the weekend….that of D’Banj’s sister and Cool FM’s Dotun is one of them.

I have questions for you today…have you ever witnessed wedding ceremonies where several couples are joined together in the same ceremony? Like…2…3….10….and even as much as 20? You like?

There are several brides and the event is colourful, less expensive and less time-consuming but haba, every bride wants to be the center of attraction on her wedding day. With 20 people getting married at the same day, that attention might just be lost.

Plus, might there be competition amongst couples to out-do one another in front of invited guests? Do you mind sharing your wedding day with any other or several other couples? Do let’s “branch” on this one again…!

SOURCE: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/pros-cons-joint-wedding.html

Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Depending on the circumstances. But not what your pics portray.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
I wish I had that option when I married. It's good for those of us that are a little shy, I hate being the center of attraction.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Gracedpen: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
idnoble135: Depending on the circumstances. But not what your pics portray.

Idnoble135, maybe with just your sister then?....or a cousin?
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Maipride(f): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
NO...all eyez must b on me ALONE...

1 Like

Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by EveryLadY(f): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
for the church service,no problem.But for the reception?it is a big no for me.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by chifreke(f): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
my three uncles married the same day, the same church and the same reception
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
I can't.

My cousin did a joint wedding ceremony with 7 other couples.

All I heard was "I do", "My sweetheart", "My strawberry pie" 16 times. It was annoying. Hilarious at times. Some went over the top with expressing their love for each other. grin

Even though the church was huge, we were still squashed due to the amount of people.

I just want a wedding with myself and future husband and our family and friends daz all. cool
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
adaobi123: I can't.

My cousin did a joint wedding ceremony with 7 other couples.

All I heard was "I do", "My sweetheart", "My strawberry pie" 16 times. It was annoying. Hilarious at times. Some went over the top with expressing their love for each other. grin

Even though the church was huge, we were still squashed due to the amount of people.

I just want a wedding with myself and future husband and our family and friends daz all. cool
park well
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
lucenzo: park well

Stop it angry
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
adaobi123:

Stop it angry

my loff cool
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
lucenzo:

my loff cool

Would you like a joint wedding ceremony ?
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Gracedpen:

Idnoble135, maybe with just your sister then?....or a cousin?
Noooo!
I will do a wedding once in life, dont you think i should enjoy it as best as i can? If a joint wedding is done, it would reduce my excitement, it would cause distraction, other couples may steal the show, and finally, it becomes like we are on an assembly ground.
No please!
Me and my spouse to be would take the whole centre stage.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nope
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
adaobi123:

Would you like a joint wedding ceremony ?
I'm even planning for a secret wedding.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
lucenzo: I'm even planning for a secret wedding.

Fascinating.
Re: Can You Agree To A Joint Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
No way,I know people do joint weddings ,as in the reception ceremony to cut down on costs but that is a hell no for me. I will do what I can afford but it must be my husband and I alone.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Call Your Elder Siblings By Their Name Or U Add Brother/sister.. / Mother Stabs Twin Babies To Death And Dropped Corpses In The Toilet / Why Should Blacks Do White Wedding? By Mr.rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.