Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,632 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86121 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2013
PM= Private Message. Click on his handle, scroll down and you will see :'send email message to dot com'

click and send.
nk-love:

What do u mean by pm please
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2013
Who sent me a PM. If you are, sorry, I have disabled the email used for sending PM because I used the email of one of my domains and since I changed the NS to Sedo's name server, it can no longer receive PMs.

However, when you park domains, make sure you caegorise them... It increases visibilty
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2013
@2sexy, pls how do you categorised your domains when you park them to increase visibility like you suggested? thanks

2s£xy:
Who sent me a PM. If you are, sorry, I have disabled the email used for sending PM because I used the email of one of my domains and since I changed the NS to Sedo's name server, it can no longer receive PMs.

However, when you park domains, make sure you caegorise them... It increases visibilty
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
@dotcom i just sent you a pm pls reply
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:
I changed the NS to Sedo's name server
sedo wan cut my head, with their security checks
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Sorry bro. I have been a sedo user since 2008 or so. I didn't exprience any of this at that time.

This to tell you that SECURITY is a serious business... And the world is changing.

But I don't know if this security check is cut across board or just for Nigerians.

I will make enquiry.
mikelreal: sedo wan cut my head, with their security checks
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:

After categorised the master category, must one categorise the category 2 and 3 too? long thing
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2013
It's always there when you click through a particular domain within your cpanel, you will be taken to a new page.

I can't give you a clear description since I am not on PC.
samee72: @2sexy, pls how do you categorised your domains when you park them to increase visibility like you suggested? thanks

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:
It's always there when you click through a particular domain within your cpanel, you will be taken to a new page.

I can't give you a clear description since I am not on PC.

2sexy, but sedo category is auto to master category, isn't it? only the 2 and 3 remain? or what do u think?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yes... The reason is that most people looking for domains to buy use the Sedo search bar to look for domains to buy.

And only when your domain is within a category will it have the chance of being seen by a moderate percentage.
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

After categorised the master category, must one categorise the category 2 and 3 too? long thing

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:
Yes... The reason is that most people looking for domains to buy use the Sedo search bar to look for domains to buy.

And only when your domain is within a category will it have the chance of being seen by a moderate percentage.
True
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Dot com, since you like brandable, I think you should study how some people sell brandable domains because more often than not, BrandBucket will reject domains and what do you do in that instance? Fold your arms?

I have read about guys who sell brandable domains after they were rejected by brandbucket or namerific.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by never2late: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
samee72: @2sexy, pls how do you categorised your domains when you park them to increase visibility like you suggested? thanks

You will be able to choose up to three categories for each domain listed with Sedo. To maximize visibility for your domain(s) in Sedo’s Domain Catalog (Online Marketplace) and to make the most of Sedo's award-winning Domain Parking program, it's important that you set three categories for each domain you list with us.

You may update your domain(s) categories in three ways: per domain (for small portfolios), for multiple domains (for medium-sized portfolios), or in bulk (for larger portfolios).

Per Domain:
Visit My Sedo > My Domains > Domain Management.
Change your Domain Management view: "Categorize Domains."
Click the edit icon next to the Master Category column.
Select “Edit Categories”.
Choose the desired category and click "Save."
Repeat steps 4-6 to set Category 2 and Category 3.

Note: You must always select the deepest category level (Level 3, if possible). For example, you may choose Arts > Comics > Reviews but not Arts > Comics. Some categories may not be selected as a domain's Master Category.

Hint! Having trouble finding a good match? Use the built-in search function! Enter a word next to "Find a category," and click "Search!" Results are bolded for easy location.
Note: You may repeat this process for different selections of domains. Changes are only saved for domains that are checked off.

In Bulk:
Download the Sedo's Excel Upload template.
Fill in all required fields for the domains you wish to edit.*
Once complete, send the template to Sedo as an attachment.

Need help filling in the upload template? Visit our Sedo Excel Upload template guide. CULLED FROM SEDO.COM
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:
Dot com, since you like brandable, I think you should study how some people sell brandable domains because more often than not, BrandBucket will reject domains and what do you do in that instance? Fold your arms?

I have read about guys who sell brandable domains after they were rejected by brandbucket or namerific.

I have told u times without number. I don't use most of those sites. I have very shot targeted place i market my domains. Apart from sedo/godaddy, na forum i always sell my domain.

Like i always tell u, everyone have his/her way of selling his/her domain.

Thanks for your advice anyway! Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmm sealed..
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
samee72: @dotcom i just sent you a pm pls reply

I have replied
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
ik.com $200,000 USD

grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Cerdy.com wetin una think, posted it for appraisal on namepros got $400, need ur opinion people!
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's cool
mikelreal: Cerdy.com wetin una think, posted it for appraisal on namepros got $400, need ur opinion people!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Just discovrd one hotel with branches in diff states (abuja inclusive) doesnt ve a website, and d name is unregistrd, ¿
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
mikelreal: Just discovrd one hotel with branches in diff states (abuja inclusive) doesnt ve a website, and d name is unregistrd, ¿
Nice one. But what happens when they refuse to buy it and go for another variation or extension? There are so many 'big' churches in Nigeria with no website, who will definitely need one in the nearest future. I have decided not to venture into this field because it may not be worth it.

If you can't book on a hotel's website, the functionality of such web is limited and will do little to enhance its brand. This is why websites like hotels .com (where you can book many hotels) will perform better than the website of an individual hotel.

Also take note of Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA). If they institute a UDRP against you, it can swing both ways.

However, if your price is not exorbitant, you can make yourself some cool Naira instead of waiting for some Dollars from Sedo & co.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yh, tot bout that also, they can just add one alphabget n dat will kill everytn.. But $1.99 is nt a bad investment, n most hotels mostly use .com...well they can add .ng to it..well its stil pending.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
@Cameronese was here, he just left. grin grin good sign
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
mikelreal: @Cameronese was here, he just left. grin grin good sign

Where is the proof?
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Can anyone here do exactly this: itfi.net ?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Where is the proof?
oga I met him here when I was posting my previous comment.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
mikelreal: oga I met him here when I was posting my previous comment.

Ok oga at the top grin
Re: Domain Name Business by malachi2uk(m): 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
How do you guys check monthly search of a domain name.
Re: Domain Name Business by grandstar(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

ok, when u ready
how do i push cloudthesis.com to you. i use namecheap. my email address is aristotlelus@yahoo.com
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
grandstar: how do i push cloudthesis.com to you. i use namecheap. my email address is aristotlelus@yahoo.com

I don't know about transfer from namecheap, contact their customer service and ask them how to transfer domain to a friend
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
2s£xy:
PM= Private Message. Click on his handle, scroll down and you will see :'send email message to dot com'

click and send.
abeg send a pm to me,or drop an email I can use to contact u, how u go lockup ur email addy, haba
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
I just dey miss here. @mikelreal thats great. That means i have a greater chance when i land those brandbuckatable domains. @dotcom i want us to do biz, until i finish up my sedo, trade my domains but please tell me ur %tage.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmm Jamji opening a sedo account is like openin an account in heaven cos its nt easy at all, they ve closed my account, just sent them a mail.

Do domain buyers call?as in call u cos of a domain,cos i just recivd 1 call from one foreign number like dat, d english was terrible, me i no hear, just told him to send a text/mail n i cut d call, abi na scam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (106) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.