Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,122 members, 7,867,247 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86115 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by grandstar(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
Where did you sell them and for how much?
I sold 3 together for $197. destabilise.com was not among them. this was in 2007. payment to my sisters paypal account who then WU. used dnforum. i am a paid member of dnforum
Re: Domain Name Business by grandstar(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
Where did you sell them and for how much?
if it was "ize" it would have commanded a far higher price. people online prefer american spelling to the british one.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Okay... That na big money that time na.

I know a guy who sold via Dnforum but that place does not seem to be as good as it used to be way back.

Anyway, you can start all over again. It's a lesson for us all.

I will let a lot of my domains drop and keep the BEST 5-6. Na so. I will sell some off at Namepros sha. Nothing less than $2
grandstar: I sold 3 together for $197. destabilise.com was not among them. this was in 2007. payment to my sisters paypal account who then WU. used dnforum. i am a paid member of dnforum

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yes, I know and that's why if I hold on to Marijuanize, I will reap the reward. Also, US control much to the market share and UK is just leaving from past glory of their ancestors... Nothing else.

But I think some of those domains would have sold for good cash because it was much easier to money from domain back in 2007 that it now. May be you didn't your way around then or who to speak with and you depended solely on your own knowledge.

Frankly, some of this dude know people who have big pockets and will pay premium for such domains, that's the edge they have over others.

Some weeks ago, it was reported about a namepros member who sold a domain for $1500 only for him to find out that the person he sold it to flipped it for $150,000. No other reason because the latter person knew someone who has a huge pocket and had his contact.

Some of these guys have Mailing list they sell to... Yeah. That's one secret.

grandstar: if it was "ize" it would have commanded a far higher price. people online prefer american spelling to the british one.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:

I will let a lot of my domains drop and keep the BEST 5-6. Na so. I will sell some off at Namepros sha. Nothing less than $2

i hope you meant $2k?

found an interesting read
http://onlinedomain.com/2013/01/23/news/sedo-domains-sell-faster-with-charm-prices/
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
@grandstar, 2sexy

what about the case of advertise/advertize, is this a different case? coz you can find many good domains with advertizexxx.com,so i wonder why. what do you think?
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jamji:

i hope you meant $2k?

found an interesting read
http://onlinedomain.com/2013/01/23/news/sedo-domains-sell-faster-with-charm-prices/

When you are clearing your portfolio, you give them out at very cheap coupon prices. Instead of recording a loss.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
Okay... That na big money that time na.

I know a guy who sold via Dnforum but that place does not seem to be as good as it used to be way back.

Anyway, you can start all over again. It's a lesson for us all.

Please can you share the problem with Mikelreal. Why is he leaving.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
I just lost CannabisEurope.com... Delay na bastard. I was busy traveling.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
I just lost CannabisEurope.com... Delay na bastard. I was busy traveling.

Take heart, a better one is on the way.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good evening bosses.

I am about to pay the listing fee for my domain on Brandbucket when I got to know that there is no Naija on their checkout (i.e. I can't pay with my Naija credit card) and the only mode of payment is credit card. Please I need help here. If you can help out, just let me know so that I can contact you. The listing fee is just $10. I believe a Payoneer card should be able to do the job.

Anyway, the recommended listing price is $2250.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lol... They are using paypal na. Get in touch with preseg Adedisa for your funding. He will get it done for you.

You can send me an email. And congrats on your brand bucket acceptance.

It should sell before xmas...

In case it sell, they may wanna pay you via paypal or do they other options like wire transfer?
oladayo042: Good evening bosses.

I am about to pay the listing fee for my domain on Brandbucket when I got to know that there is no Naija on their checkout (i.e. I can't pay with my Naija credit card) and the only mode of payment is credit card. Please I need help here. If you can help out, just let me know so that I can contact you. The listing fee is just $10. I believe a Payoneer card should be able to do the job.

Anyway, the recommended listing price is $2250.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
I hear jor. I just told myself I need quick cash at the moment and not long term investment. So, make I chill.
thegoodjoehunt:

Take heart, a better one is on the way.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
Lol... They are using paypal na. Get in touch with preseg Adedisa for your funding. He will get it done for you.

You can send me an email. And congrats on your brand bucket acceptance.

It should sell before xmas...

In case it sell, they may wanna pay you via paypal or do they other options like wire transfer?
Thanks bro. For payment, they pay through Paypal and they have already told me to submit my paypal email. I'll get someone's Paypal for payment. But for listing fee, I have to pay using a non-Naija credit card, no Paypal. That's my dilemma now. Do you have a payoneer mastercard?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Get in touch with Arbitrage. And make sure u apply for payoneer asap. My Payoneer card is stuck and never got to me but I have applied for another one sha... And hope it get's to me this time around.
oladayo042: Thanks bro. For payment, they pay through Paypal and they have already told me to submit my paypal email. I'll get someone's Paypal for payment. But for listing fee, I have to pay using a non-Naija credit card, no Paypal. That's my dilemma now. Do you have a payoneer mastercard?
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
My latest addition FloorHeatingExperts dot com.

I just found an 8 years old domain with around 800 global exact search and DomainIndex puts its value at $3k (probably because of its age). I no sure whether I should register am.
Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
Get in touch with Arbitrage. And make sure u apply for payoneer asap. My Payoneer card is stuck and never got to me but I have applied for another one sha... And hope it get's to me this time around.

Heyy, u act like u know it all abi?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
What is this one saying?
usewisdom:

Heyy, u act like u know it all abi?
Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
2s£xy:
What is this one saying?

You think you can do impeachment here as usual.... ? No king for here..

ehmmmmmm, clap 4ursef cool
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lmao... Man, if u want me to leave ur thread, so b it. cool
usewisdom:

Re: Domain Name Business by riteprice1: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
usewisdom:

Better behave urself. Why u dey find trouble where trouble no dey?

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 12:16am On Aug 24, 2013
riteprice1:
Better behave urself. Why u dey find trouble where trouble no dey?

2S£xy who be this? u no tell am?
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:04am On Aug 24, 2013
2s£xy:
Lmao... Man, if u want me to leave ur thread, so b it. cool

You guys please cease from getting angry and leaving. The insights you guys put out are valueable to a lot of people.
Re: Domain Name Business by riteprice1: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2013
usewisdom:

2S£xy who be this? u no tell am?
Becos u were banned doesnt mean u shud spit trash. Dont trigger a thread civil war.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by never2late: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2013
mikelreal: hmm hope I will be able to use ur account incase of emergency?

No problem. One love.
Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2013
riteprice1:
Becos u were banned doesnt mean u shud spit trash. Dont trigger a thread civil war.

I'm sure u never use ur pill this morning...

Who are u sef? I follow u talk at first? So who's spiting trash between me and u? undecided
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
@2sexy, dotcom, etc
i've been checking some sales of the top dons in the game,and the most they sold fast and much were keywords descriptive domains,two words at most.i think we should focus more on this type of names than brandables.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2013
usewisdom:

I'm sure u never use ur pill this morning...

Who are u sef? I follow u talk at first? So who's spiting trash between me and u? undecided

my boss no vex.i know how you feel.pls make up for the sake of d the search for the p.o.g cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by Onedolar: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2013
@my oga mikel i m contacting diff companys about that my domain wen i get response from any of them i will let u know. One love
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2013
Onedolar: @my oga mikel i m contacting diff companys about that my domain wen i get response from any of them i will let u know. One love
i noticed a trend this morning, more names were sold on godaddy more than sedo etc. According to namebio.
Why?
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2013
oladayo042: My latest addition FloorHeatingExperts dot com.

I just found an 8 years old domain with around 800 global exact search and DomainIndex puts its value at $3k (probably because of its age). I no sure whether I should register am.
i dont know if anyone has contrary opinion to 3 word names, but i've not been seeing many of 3 words selling except they are really high paying keyword names like familyhealthinsurance.com. Well i might be wrong though,will like to see it listed.
Re: Domain Name Business by Okattamgbee: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2013
2s£xy:
.dot com, just leave me alone oh. You know everything. Goodluck.
please 2sexy i would love to have your email contact, i called you yesterday and you did not pick up and this morning your lines are not going through please is urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (106) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.