Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop (8138 Views)

Best Ten Android Games To Play / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / Help: Where To Dowload PS2 Games For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
Pls, can anyone tell me where & how to download Games like God of War & Fifa 2013 from the Internet onto my Laptop. If possible, please also give the steps of the Download Process. Thank U very much.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 1:37am On Aug 06, 2013
buzoo: Pls, can anyone tell me where & how to download Games like God of War & Fifa 2013 from the Internet onto my Laptop. If possible, please also give the steps of the Download Process. Thank U very much.
Well helloo, with God of war u need an emulator, and that's speaking for the ps2 and psp versions, the ps3 version will not be emulated for a very long tym unless there is a working ps3 emulator, then color me surprised. Ofcos that's considering u have a powerful enough gpu in ur laptop to do that. Intel igps wont do sqwat for u. Fifa 13, however u might be able to play depending on ur laptop specs. And even that might have varying performance depending on gpu specs, a powerful enuf intel igp can play fifa 13 tho so..... So send ur laptop specs here and let's see what we can do.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
@kimco; pls here are my Laptop Specs. Its Toshiba Satellite L505, Windows 7 Ultimate, Mobile Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 3GB RAM, 300GB Harddisk, 128MB Video Memory. Pls help me out, I am most grateful. Thanks a Lot.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
buzoo: @kimco; pls here are my Laptop Specs. Its Toshiba Satellite L505, Windows 7 Ultimate, Mobile Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 3GB RAM, 300GB Harddisk, 128MB Video Memory. Pls help me out, I am most grateful. Thanks a Lot.
Dude u'll be lucky to see fifa 13 even start on ur pc. But forget about the emulation of the ps2 and the psp games, cos it happening (don't even dream of the ps3 ones at all).
If u wanna be serious about gaming, get an Amd a10 crossfire laptop atleast. That will get u play many games atleast in mid to high settings. Ur lappy isn't meant for gaming.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by wkid(m): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Buzoo FIFA 13 would work perfectly fine on your system. It is not a demanding game at all.

If you need more PC games check out this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/pc-games-sale-cheapest-price
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
wkid: Buzoo FIFA 13 would work perfectly fine on your system. It is not a demanding game at all.

If you need more PC games check out this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/pc-games-sale-cheapest-price
tell me u're joking dude. Cos believe me, it won't. pes 13 however might work cos konami optimise their games well.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
wkid: Buzoo FIFA 13 would work perfectly fine on your system. It is not a demanding game at all.

tell me u're joking dude. Cos believe me, it'll be a miracle for it to work. Pes 13 however might work cos konami optimise their games well.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by wkid(m): 1:04am On Aug 07, 2013
Dude FIFA 13 is not as demanding as PES 13.

FIFA 13 even works on old systems with Intel Celeron processor and 1 Gb of RAM.
It doesn't have the 128 Mb minimum video RAM requirement of PES.
Even after you bypass the 128 Mb minimum video RAM requirement of PES and you reduce the resolution, it is still slow on very many systems especially those with AMD processors.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2013
@wkid, if fifa 2013 can work on my System,can GOD OF WAR also work in it 2? I saw d list of ur games from d link u gave, do u have the PC version of this game, Driver?
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2013
@wkid & kimco: Pls, I usually also experience interruptions when I am playing games like Need 4 Speed most wanted & PES 2013 on my Laptop, it keeps telling me "A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is Available". Pls, I need help on this as I want to complete my NFS most wanted. Pls, can u guys offer me any solution to this problem. Thanks a Million. I am grateful.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 12:31am On Aug 08, 2013
wkid: Dude FIFA 13 is not as demanding as PES 13.

FIFA 13 even works on old systems with Intel Celeron processor and 1 Gb of RAM.
It doesn't have the 128 Mb minimum video RAM requirement of PES.
Even after you bypass the 128 Mb minimum video RAM requirement of PES and you reduce the resolution, it is still slow on very many systems especially those with AMD processors.
Give me proof of that then i'll believe. and also, like i always say, gpu is much more important than cpu in games and the type of gpu is also important. fifa 13 is very unoptimised compared to pes 13. but let's put it to a test, let him try installing it on his pc and let's have the results. like i said, he'll be lucky to get it started. and even if it starts, it'll be a slide show. his lappy ain't good for gaming.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 12:46am On Aug 08, 2013
buzoo: @wkid, if fifa 2013 can work on my System,can GOD OF WAR also work in it 2? I saw d list of ur games from d link u gave, do u have the PC version of this game, Driver?
buzoo i'm sorry, i'm keep telling you that you can't play God of war on your machine. this is due to the ff reasons:
1. God of war is a sony exclusive game, meaning it'll has no pc edition. you can only play it using an emulator. and emulator is a piece of software that allows your cpu to behave like the console architecture. the console architectures are different from the x86 architecture on the pc cpus, so the emulator is need to translate the codes to the pc cpu so it can understand it. which brings me to reason number two.

2.Due to the afforementioned, the hardware power required to do this is double that of the console being emulated. Now you passed the cpu side of it, but the gpu side has you down and out. So you see, it can't be done. If you wanna game, get a good laptop that has a gud enough cpu and gpu, not only a good cpu, like most of the i3s, i5s,and i7s laptops around which aren't gud enough for gaming. Get yourself an amd a10 richland laptop. Those can help you greatly.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 12:54am On Aug 08, 2013
buzoo: @wkid & kimco: Pls, I usually also experience interruptions when I am playing games like Need 4 Speed most wanted & PES 2013 on my Laptop, it keeps telling me "A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is Available". Pls, I need help on this as I want to complete my NFS most wanted. Pls, can u guys offer me any solution to this problem. Thanks a Million. I am grateful.
try this.
if you are running Windows 7, right click the game application icon (.exe file),go to compatibility tab and
make it run as compatible for windows xp sp2,and save the changes and then run the program.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
@wkid, pls how can I get 4rm u the games u talked abt. Pls reply, tank u so much.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
buzoo: @wkid, pls how can I get 4rm u the games u talked abt. Pls reply, tank u so much.
Did you install the fifa yet, did it work? And also did you try the fix i gave you for your problem?
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
wkid, i read your thread, and i must say i admire the way you do business (replace games that dnt work) but small question pls, what is the specs of the machine you games on? Jux rly wanna know. No pressure.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by wkid(m): 4:49am On Aug 09, 2013
buzoo: @wkid, if fifa 2013 can work on my System,can GOD OF WAR also work in it 2? I saw d list of ur games from d link u gave, do u have the PC version of this game, Driver?

God Of war would never be playable on your system. It would be very slow.
I have Driver 1 and the latest driver game which is Driver San Francisco.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by wkid(m): 4:57am On Aug 09, 2013
buzoo: @wkid, pls how can I get 4rm u the games u talked abt. Pls reply, tank u so much.

Just send me a mail containing list of PC Games you need. As for the NFS and PES 2013, I guess you made some recent changes to your laptop e.g installation of new drivers or it could also be caused by a virus or someone tampering with your laptop. Your antivirus could also be reading the game as a virus.

Try reinstalling the games again.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by wkid(m): 5:24am On Aug 09, 2013
kimco: wkid, i read your thread, and i must say i admire the way you do business (replace games that dnt work) but small question pls, what is the specs of the machine you games on? Jux rly wanna know. No pressure.
Thanks man.
To be truthful man I won't call myself a gamer. The last time I ever finished a PC game was 2 years ago (2011)(Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1) . I'm always so busy so I rarely have time to play games. I've been playing NFS Undercover since July last year (During my I.T) yet I haven't reached 60% yet.
As for my laptop, Its not a gaming laptop. Its a crappy old HP. 500Gb Hard Disk, 4 Gb Ram, Dual Core processor, 64Mb VRAM. I use it for other stuffs apart from gaming. People have been pushing me to get another laptop but I really don't need a new one now. I'll get one later most likely when I graduate from school and have more time. Its got to have an SSD included, Nvidia graphics card (3Gb dedicated video memory minimum), 16Gb Ram minimum, Core I7 4th Gen etc. All the above are subject to change depending on future technology available.
Seeing as PS4 and XboxOne are coming out soon,we'll watch out and see the system specs required to run the next gen games.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
wkid:
Thanks man.
To be truthful man I won't call myself a gamer. The last time I ever finished a PC game was 2 years ago (2011)(Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1) . I'm always so busy so I rarely have time to play games. I've been playing NFS Undercover since July last year (During my I.T) yet I haven't reached 60% yet.
As for my laptop, Its not a gaming laptop. Its a crappy old HP. 500Gb Hard Disk, 4 Gb Ram, Dual Core processor, 64Mb VRAM. I use it for other stuffs apart from gaming. People have been pushing me to get another laptop but I really don't need a new one now. I'll get one later most likely when I graduate from school and have more time. Its got to have an SSD included, Nvidia graphics card (3Gb dedicated video memory minimum), 16Gb Ram minimum, Core I7 4th Gen etc. All the above are subject to change depending on future technology available.
Seeing as PS4 and XboxOne are coming out soon,we'll watch out and see the system specs required to run the next gen games.
Great dude. I myself am gunning for this lenovo gaming laptop with everything u mentioned included, hope i could get more but nt enought money so... Buh thanks for granting my request.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
kimco:
try this.
if you are running Windows 7, right click the game application icon (.exe file),go to compatibility tab and
make it run as compatible for windows xp sp2,and save the changes and then run the program.
b
@kimco, the stuff didnt work in my system, infact, it became slower in loading pages yet the problem is still occuring. pls how do I restore the Game to function in the Previous windows it was using cos I believe the Previous 1 is better for the game. However, if u do have another Solution u knw about, u cud still let me in on it. Thank U.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ wkid, thanks for ur reply,I will send u an email of the games I would love to get from u, I believe the price per game is still the same with wht was written in ur thread i.e #100 per game, isnt it? pls reply. Thank u very much.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
buzoo:
b
@kimco, the stuff didnt work in my system, infact, it became slower in loading pages yet the problem is still occuring. pls how do I restore the Game to function in the Previous windows it was using cos I believe the Previous 1 is better for the game. However, if u do have another Solution u knw about, u cud still let me in on it. Thank U.
oh sorry dude. Kk retrace ur steps and undo what u did
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by buzoo: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
kimco:
oh sorry dude. Kk retrace ur steps and undo what u did
I have tried to restore it back to the previous Windows 7 ultimate version but I cudnt do it successfully. Pls tell me how to go about it & if possible with Steps. Thank U very much.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by azpekuliar: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
wkid:
Seeing as PS4 and XboxOne are coming out soon, we'll watch out and see the system specs required to run the next gen games.

No need to wait, the 8th generation consoles are already upon us. Start saving up for this:

www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422733,00.asp

Goodluck! grin
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by francisbiz: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sometimes the answers you give are not the solutions for the pc games. You have to research wide and understand the problems posted before offering help, else you cos more problems than encountered.
I HP windows8 laptop, most pc games that come in DVD formats do not load in windows8 and sometimes in windows7. Normally the games are pre-windows 7 and 8, not all of them can load even if you trouble shoot in compatibility mode to an earlier windows.
You need serious instructions from an expert to be able to play these games in the recent windows.
Example; Godfather pc game does not load in windows 7 and 8, but when you set the compatibility mode to windows xp sp2 then the game can load and play well in windows7. This solution does not work for this same Godfather in windows 8 untill you change something else.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2013
francisbiz: Sometimes the answers you give are not the solutions for the pc games. You have to research wide and understand the problems posted before offering help, else you cos more problems than encountered.
I HP windows8 laptop, most pc games that come in DVD formats do not load in windows8 and sometimes in windows7. Normally the games are pre-windows 7 and 8, not all of them can load even if you trouble shoot in compatibility mode to an earlier windows.
You need serious instructions from an expert to be able to play these games in the recent windows.
Example; Godfather pc game does not load in windows 7 and 8, but when you set the compatibility mode to windows xp sp2 then the game can load and play well in windows7. This solution does not work for this same Godfather in windows 8 untill you change something else.
It was researched dude, for pes 2013 specifically tho. besides, u have to try solutions to know what gud for u or not. That's how one learns. Through risk taking. Nothing is assured.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by kimco(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2013
buzoo:
I have tried to restore it back to the previous Windows 7 ultimate version but I cudnt do it successfully. Pls tell me how to go about it & if possible with Steps. Thank U very much.
Untick the ''run this program in compatibility mode for:'' box. It shud return it to it former self.
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by syllas007: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2013
Pls dudes,I have an hp mini pc window 7 starter and I will like †Φ know if there is any game I can download and play smoothly...thanks a lot
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by smajatt(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2013
love dis thread,but @op forget it,fifa wont work on ur laptop,get a good gaming laptop for dat,atleast with gud cpu (i core 3) nd gpu (512mb).. nd a good internet connection for online gaming mayb mtn cos dats wat i use nd its very fast..
Re: How Can I Dowload Games To My Laptop by Feranchek(m): 4:42am On Aug 29, 2013
kimco:
Dude u'll be lucky to see fifa 13 even start on ur pc. But forget about the emulation of the ps2 and the psp games, cos it happening (don't even dream of the ps3 ones at all).
If u wanna be serious about gaming, get an Amd a10 crossfire laptop atleast. That will get u play many games atleast in mid to high settings. Ur lappy isn't meant for gaming.
Talking abt AMD lappy, I've gat 1 4 sell ooo0!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp Screenshot Get Game : Geniuses Only / FIFA 13 / PES 13/MASS EFFECT3/BLACK OPS II Now Available For Sale / Ps3 Mini For Sale........urgent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.