Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. (655 Views)

Gunshots At Federal Polytechnic Nekede As Rival Cults Clash. / See What An Army Officer Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos... Photos / Scores Wounded As Rival Cults Clash In Osun Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by igbsam(m): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2013
MAIDUGURI — At least five persons were killed, weekend, following a deadly clash between two rival vigilante youth groups seeking to curb the menace posed by the Boko Haram in Borno State.

The two groups, popularly called ‘civilian JTF’ were fighting over the control of Biu, a town about 190 kilometres from Maiduguri, residents said.

“The Civilian JTF in Biu had asked those that came from Maiduguri to leave the town because their presence was likely to cause more harm than good to residents of Biu town,” Abdullahi Mohammed said.

He said it was during the ejection of the Maiduguri civilian JTF that fight ensued between the two youth groups, which led to the killing of five persons.

“I saw five corpses before I was rushed to hospital. It is possible the casualty figure may be more than five because only two of us survived the shooting. I can’t tell where other dead bodies were deposited,” he said.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/5-die-as-rival-civilian-jtf-battle-for-supremacy/
Re: 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by Juell(m): 6:53am On Aug 06, 2013
Na waoooooo
Re: 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by LOVEHAPPINESS: 6:55am On Aug 06, 2013
I thought the civilian JTF was unarmed, or only armed with machetes.

Hope we don't find out that the real JTF has been providing them with guns.

I pray for the average citizen in the affected states. They have to deal with armed vigilante groups, armed JTF, armed Army, armed police, armed Boko Haram, and armed criminals. All of them on high alert and very angry. I hope atrocities are not taking place that we will only hear about later.
Re: 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by Omexonomy: 7:10am On Aug 06, 2013
I predicted this in other tread and my prediction is comming to pass.
AM I NOT A PROPHET
Re: 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2013
Battling for supremacy?
That's how it starts. Before long we will have a new group of miscreants to contend with.I hope their govt has a concrete plan on ground for them after this bokoharam saga.
Cos the way I see it,they won't be willing to drop their arms and just go back home idle.don't wanna be pessimistic but I think this a problem brewing.bteer to be nipped in the bud.NOW!
Re: 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy. by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 07, 2013
I guess the chicken has come home to roost!!

hhheheheheheheheh

(1) (Reply)

Police Corporal Kills ASP Over Girlfriend In Yobe / Bizman Ties Apprentice For 10 Days Without Food In Lagos / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.