Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents (13211 Views)

Civilian JTF Arrests Four Terror Suspects At Maiduguri Motor Park / Terror Suspects Arrested At Maiduguri Airport / Prisoners Protest VIP Treatment Of Lebanese Terror Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria Hezbollah suspects allege harsh Mossad grilling[/size]

Published August 05, 2013 / AFP

ABUJA (AFP)
–  Two Lebanese suspects alleged to be members of Hezbollah and on trial in Nigeria on terrorism charges told a court Monday they were harshly interrogated by Israeli agents after their arrests.

Mustapha Fawaz, Abdallah Thahini and Talal Ahmad Roda were arrested in May after the discovery of an arms cache in a residence in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.

They have been accused of plotting attacks against Western and Israeli targets in Nigeria and have denied the charges.

An Israeli embassy spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Fawaz testified on Monday that, after his arrest in Abuja, a security official told him "some European friends" wanted to ask him questions.

"I was taken to an interrogation room where I met three Israeli Mossad agents," Fawaz told the court in response to questions by his lawyer.

Fawaz said one of the interrogators identified himself as a Mossad agent. He said they were "crude and nasty."

"They handcuffed my hands behind my back for days. I lost count because they did not allow me to sleep for several days," Fawaz said, denying membership in Hezbollah.

"They asked if I have any weapon in Abuja ... They asked if I have been asked to do any operation in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world," Fawaz said.

He said further: "During the 14 days of interrogation, I was interrogated by six Israeli Mossad agents and one masked white man.

"I was interrogated in Arabic. I asked to be interrogated in English, but they refused. Most of them are weak in English. They are not Europeans, but Israelis."

Fawaz said no Nigerian official was present during the sessions.

"They asked me about my link with Hezbollah, but they concentrated more on Lebanon -- whether I knew if there are weapons stored in the south of Lebanon or the identities of people who have been trained by Hezbollah," said Fawaz.

Thahini, who told the court he was no longer a member of Hezbollah, gave a similar account during his testimony.

He claimed to have collapsed after being denied sleep for five days by the foreign interrogators.

Thahini said it was easy for him to identify them as Israelis by their accents "because we are neighbours."

Both Fawaz and Thahini denied any knowledge of the arms cache discovered in Kano.

Justice Adeniyi Adetokunbo Ademola adjourned the case to September 30 after both the prosecutors and the defence closed their cases.

The three suspects are believed to own a supermarket and an amusement park in Abuja, but the businesses have been shuttered since the arrests.

A fourth suspect is said to be on the run.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is home to a sizeable Lebanese population, including in the mainly Muslim north.

Israel has raised concerns over alleged efforts by Hezbollah members to plan attacks in west Africa.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/05/nigeria-hezbollah-suspects-allege-harsh-mossad-grilling/
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by homesteady(m): 7:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Fawaz said one of the interrogators
identified himself as a Mossad agent. He
said they were "crude and nasty."
"They handcuffed my hands behind my
back for days. I lost count because they did
not allow me to sleep for several days,"
Fawaz said, denying membership in
Hezbollah.
After all, its not only Nigeria police that are crude and nasty!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by HezronLorraine(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2013
For DSS to allow invite Mossad agents to grill these lebanese.it means their story tells and they have a case to answer.so far,SSS isn't dropping this case soon.
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by eagleeye2: 8:15am On Aug 06, 2013
homesteady:
They should be greatful that it was not the interrogation team of SSS like those we use to hear about during Abacha regime.
They would have confessed all their crimes, both the ones they did and the ones they intend doing. Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2013
this whole drama reeks of Mossad involvement right from the beginning. the DSS needs to know that in the clandestine world of espionage "ANYTHING CAN BE STAGED". Mossad pointed the DSS in the direction of the house in kano, well nations help each other in intelligence gathering, but every secret service knows that apart from snooping around, suspect interrogation reveal loads of information, the suspects speak fluent English yet this interrogation was done in a foreign language with the DSS playing audience in their own playground.
there's more to this than meets the eye, DSS needs to assume the driver's seat pronto

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 8:50am On Aug 06, 2013
Suspected Hezbollah operatives.

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-D0n_sg9H4XU/UamkiqPdJtI/AAAAAAAAiQo/Q_KdJI4Pakk/s400/Kano-hezbollah1jpg.jpg[/img]
Weapons allegedly found at Mr Fawaz's house in Kano.
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2013
Fox news?
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Mustay(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2013
"European friends" Israel is in SW Asia/ME abeg.

If true, Nigeria needs to be careful with the internationalization of this issue. Abdicating our intelligence to foreigners without supervision speaks volumes.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 9:51am On Aug 06, 2013
Agence France-Presse. smiley
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Maxymilliano(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: For DSS to allow invite Mossad agents to grill these lebanese.it means their story tells and they have a case to answer.so far,SSS isn't dropping this case soon.

Mustapha Fawaz, co+owner of Amigo and Wonderland allegedly confessed to receiving a mandate from top Hezbollah agent to survey the Israeli Embassy in Nigeria and get aerial picture of Abuja.

Besides, the accused person disclosed that in both of his business outfits, Amigo and Wonderland, he had special surveillance cameras with which he monitored the movement of expatriates, especially those of Israeli extraction.

Similarly, the third accused person, Tahal Roda, who was arrested inside the house where a large cache of arms and ammunition were discovered in an underground bunker admitted that he was not only aware of the existence of the arms, but also frequently serviced them.

This are enough reasons to invite the Isreali Mossad to be part of the interrogation

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Fazhy: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hmmm. MOSAD.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by raystanley(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Mustapha Fawaz, co+owner of Amigo and Wonderland allegedly confessed to receiving a mandate from top Hezbollah agent to survey the Israeli Embassy in Nigeria and get aerial picture of Abuja.

Besides, the accused person disclosed that in both of his business outfits, Amigo and Wonderland, he had special surveillance cameras with which he monitored the movement of expatriates, especially those of Israeli extraction.

Similarly, the third accused person, Tahal Roda, who was arrested inside the house where a large cache of arms and ammunition were discovered in an underground bunker admitted that he was not only aware of the existence of the arms, but also frequently serviced them.

This are enough reasons to invite the Isreali Mossad to be part of the interrogation
these things are part of their regular properties... In their land... So I see nothing much abou it... Free them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by PStacks(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
However they interogate them is ok..

You meet Terror with superior Terror. These Hezbollah Moafuckers would only end up distroying this country for us..

Lebanese must go..

We need more Israeli intelligence operative to track these people and every plan of their.

If they can interrogate them in a more cruel and crude way, its ok.. If you had seen the weapon cache found in Kano, some country's Military Armoury can't boast of that stock pile of Amunition and I'm wondering whom they want to use it on! On Nigerians ofcourse.

Life is so precious and has no duplicate, just one bullet and that's it.. These isreali's are too soft, they should add more venom to this interogation.. They must speak willingly or under duress. Anyhow, any way, they must speak.. They shouldn't spare them one bit, these people's souls are dark and wicked. They don't mind crumbling Nigeria..

Good job but the isreali's can do more..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by lacasa: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dss or kini r just power ranger organisations.

Can the CIA call the FSB to interrogate their suspects on american soil

It's not done.

Well, it figures!. In this country, the stupid n mediocre ones get courage pass

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by ilenaira: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mustay:
..........Abdicating our intelligence to foreigners without supervision speaks volumes.

Abi o. Giving foreigners free rein in your domain?
Yeye country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Phonon: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Even our intelligence agencies are selling out?NO NIGERIAN WAS PRESENT DURING THE INTERROGATION?Are they trying to get a huge discount on Israeli military gear by doing this?Trying to imagine the Israelis returning the favour if they had a BH operative in their custody.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Afroconnect: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Useless Hezbollah terrorists,why aint these common killers sentenced to death already...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by IYANGBALI: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mustay:

"European friends" Israel is in SW Asia/ME abeg.

If true, Nigeria needs to be careful with the internationalization of this issue. Abdicating our intelligence to foreigners without supervision speaks volumes.
in that case pls reduce the volume

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by bubadaniel13: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
The true of the matter is the the Lebanese suspects have alot questions to answer, i have been following this case for a while, and it has International dimension because of Hezbollah's involvement, last week one of the suspected admitted working for Hezbollah and the evidence is very glaring against the suspects. Now that they are sinking, they are looking for trivial issues to divert attention for the main issues of Terrorism and Illegal Possession of arms. To me it doesn't matter whether the FBI,KGB or MOSSADS, are involve since Hezbollah is seen as a Terrorist Organization, the point is that the Nigeria Judiciary should deal with the substance of the case promptly and expeditiously bring out sound judgement to rid our country of terrorist that do not mean well for our country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Afroconnect: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
homesteady:
you all are useless are you sympathetic to terrorists that wants to kill you and your families?
Nigerians are indeed mumus...nothing wrong in Mossad interrogating them,its no news that Mossad has higher intelligence gathering capabilities than we do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by sage2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
If it takes the Israelis to give these guys a dose of their own "melecin", then so be it!
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Weapons found at Mr Fawaz's house in Kano.

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by ocelot2006(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
eagle,eye:

They should be greatful that it was not the interrogation team of SSS like those we use to hear about during Abacha regime.
They would have confessed all their crimes, both the ones they did and the ones they intend doing. Rubbish.

Nah, the DSS team under Ababcha was nice oh. Now the folks from Directorate of Military Intelligence? Mehn, those were the real sadistic monsters.
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by naptu2: 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
ocelot2006:

Nah, the DSS team under Ababcha was nice oh. Now the folks from Directorate of Military Intelligence? Mehn, those were the real sadistic monsters.

Omenka, Biu, etc.
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by juman(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
The federal government is too dull.

How come they allowed foreign agents tortured the suspects.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by ogb5(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
raystanley: these things are part of their regular properties... In their land... So I see nothing much abou it... Free them

You are very correct, na normal furniture be that for Lebanon.

They should take them to Aluu and free them there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by ocelot2006(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
'can't say I'm quite suprised about the Mossad angle. Ever since it's creation from the defunct NSO, The Nigerian DSS/SSS has always had a cordial relationship with the Isreali Intelligence services, particularly Mossad and possible Shin-bet (the DSS's functions are quite similar to the later's). The Isrealis are equally scared of Iran's retailation for the murder of a number of Iranian nuclear scientists, and worry abouut Iran's use of proxy groups like Hezbollah to carry out such action.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
Okay..
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by 1oracle(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
S@NNiE:
this whole drama reeks of Mossad involvement right from the beginning. the DSS needs to know that in the clandestine world of espionage "ANYTHING CAN BE STAGED". Mossad pointed the DSS in the direction of the house in kano, well nations help each other in intelligence gathering, but every secret service knows that apart from snooping around, suspect interrogation reveal loads of information, the suspects speak fluent English yet this interrogation was done in a foreign language with the DSS playing audience in their own playground.
there's more to this than meets the eye, DSS needs to assume the driver's seat pronto
So that large arms discovered in kano was stage managed? I am sure you are as confused as those that is telling us to grant amnesty to murderers.
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by topsyking: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
all you foool on here... yall lack knowledge.. do you know when how long relationship btw nigeria and isreal start.even lebanese.. my friend attend lebanese school in lagos way back.. way before i was even born.. my mom friends married an isreal and they av a son together.. isreal companies operate in nigeria as far back as i can remember..most of them even speaks good yoruba.. and most isreali they like yoruba women.. i think maybe it stabilini or costain in lagos waere owned by isreali.. and lebaneses on the other hand too have been in nigeria way back.. many of them have nigeria passport... go to the airport and see lebanese with nigeria passport..
so am not surprise they came to interrogate the terriorist the north has been harboring among them,....
Re: Nigeria Terror Suspects Were Questioned By Mossad Agents by Originalsly: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
For whatever reason....name me a country that would allow a foreign agency to question suspects on their soil...and not have local personnel present as monitor? Sellout.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue: Buhari Queries Police IG, Demands Full Report Of Police Operations / Remarks By PMB At The Commissioning Of MMIA New Terminal / Adebayo Shittu Says APC Without Buhari May Face Difficulty In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.