Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? (1509 Views)

FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Kenyan President Orders Deportation Of Nigerians Involved In Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

We are talking law, you are pleading for common sense. Define common sense. You are a joke!

When you find yourself infront of a judge request to be given a common sense judgement. What a clueless "average Nigerian"!

what law are you talking about? you need to collect your money back from your lecturer if he taught you that you can fill the blank spaces and make up for laws that dont exist with big grammar

Lawyer who intentionally misquotes section 42 of Nigerian constitution. I bet this is how you people swindle illiterate Nigerians of their money by making up laws that dont exist and you clearly know can not stand up to scrutiny in the court of law!
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

what law are you talking about? you need to collect your money back from your lecturer

if he taught you that you can fill the blank spaces and make up for laws that dont exist with big grammar

I already quoted the chapter, section and paragraphs of the constitution that supports the action of LASG. I also gave opinion that the court will apply a test of discrimination if it went before a judge, plus LASG has documented evidence and other paper trails revealing Anambra dropped the ball and failed to act on behalf of its citizens.

If you cant measure up drop off this discussion, it isnt meant for common sense, the topic is direct to the question of legality.
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

what law are you talking about? you need to collect your money back from your lecturer if he taught you that you can fill the blank spaces and make up for laws that dont exist with big grammar

Lawyer who intentionally misquotes section 42 of Nigerian constitution. I bet this is how you people swindle illiterate Nigerians of their money by making up laws that dont exist and you clearly know can not stand up to scrutiny in the court of law!

I listed the statute and gave a summary interpretation. I never quoted anything
You mistake summary interpretation for quotation of law.

Like i said, this topic is too demanding for you to excel in, i suggest you drop off.
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

I already quoted the chapter, section and paragraphs of the constitution that supports the action of LASG. I also gave opinion that the court will apply a test of discrimination if it went before a judge, plus LASG has documented evidence and other paper trails revealing Anambra dropped the ball and failed to act on behalf of its citizens.

If you cant measure up drop off this discussion, it isnt meant for common sense, the topic is direct to the question of legality.

U mean OPC verson of Nigerian constitution?

see below what section 42 of Nigerian constitution says:

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Please reference where you quotes that "teet for tat" version of section 42 for all to see??
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
I will say deportation is unconstitutional under the Federal Constitution.

However, LASG action is explained and supported in IV.42.1 (a) and (b) of the constitution.

The fundamental rights of any citizen anywhere shall not be abridged by Goverment or people in authority on reason of ethnicity, or place of origin in discrimination unless persons of other ethnicities and origins are similarly disposed by order of Government or people in authority.

How does section 42 which I have quoted above sumarize into this? Mr Lawyer?

Clearly in your alternative universe!
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:17am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

U mean OPC verson of Nigerian constitution?

see below what section 42 of Nigerian constitution says:

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Please reference where you quotes that "teet for tat" version of section 42 for all to see??

Dummy, what do you think IV.42.1(a),(b) is ?
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by tpia5: 8:18am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

Does not being of sound mind waive your right to Nigerian citizenship?

does not being of sound mind mean the govt should not assist and rehabilitate you?
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

How does section 42 which I have quoted above sumarize into this? Mr Lawyer?

Clearly in your alternative universe!

If you have to paste a copy of the constitution here then you are better off elsewhere than on this topic. We need people here who can follow record reference, no room for copy and paste please.
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by nduchucks: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2013
It appears that bigots, tribalists, and fake lawyers, are now resorting to, willy nilly, declaring Nigerian citizens of sound minds, lunatic, to justify a clearly criminal and unconstitutional deportation of the said citizens. SMH
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Let me teach you law Mr Lawyer

What section 42 subsection a and b are saying is

1. No Nigerian shall be subject to a special law that is not applied to others just because they come from a certain community, ehtnic group or practice a certain religion

2. No Nigerian shall be accorded any priviledge not available to others just because they are from a certain community, of ethnic group or practice a certain religion.

This section of the law in no way:

Approves the illegal relocation of Nigerians just because Nigerians of other ethnicity have previously been treated in the same illegal way!

I am not suprised a lot of our lawyers are useless! You need to go back to school for some quality education am sorry!

1 Like

Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by tpia5: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: It appears that bigots, tribalists, and fake lawyers, are now resorting to, willy nilly, declaring Nigerian citizens of sound minds, lunatic, to justify a clearly criminal and unconstitutional deportation of the said citizens. SMH

obviously, you are not nigerian, else you wouldnt have typed that.

are you chinese,lebanese, european,

maybe you feel all nigerians are of unsound mind, therefore you cant tell the difference between who is sound or not anyway?
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 07, 2013
In OPC.Nairaland's alternative universe

A previous criminal deportation of Hausa's by LASG makes it legal for them to deport another set of Nigerians who are this time Igbos!

chai! Our education system is in soup!

No wonder he has been typing parts of his text book and literature note on this forum. Lawyer my foot!
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:39am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy: Let me teach you law Mr Lawyer

1. No Nigerian shall be subject to a special law that is not applied to others just because they come from a certain community, ehtnic group or practice a certain religion

2. No Nigerian shall be accorded any priviledge not available to others just because they are from a certain community, of ethnic group or practice a certain religion.

Approves the illegal relocation of Nigerians just because Nigerians of other ethnicity have previously been treated in the same illegal way!

I am not suprised a lot of our lawyers are useless! You need to go back to school for some quality education am sorry!

You talk as if there is an illegality in family reunification.

Show me the law that says a delinquent person cannot by the intervention of govet be reunited with their family?

Did you see what is said in subsectio2 of that chapter? A followup to the issue of delinquency.

LASG did its homework before classifying it "reunifying". They are not stupid. Any who doesnt agree should go to court.

LASG is vindicated by IV.42.1 and its paragraphs.
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy: In OPC.Nairaland's alternative universe

A previous criminal deportation of Hausa's by LASG makes it legal for them to deport another set of Nigerians who are this time Igbos!

chai! Our education system is in soup!

No wonder he has been typing parts of his text book and literature note on this forum. Lawyer my foot!

The igbo people rose against Fashola because they said he discriminated. They are not fighting a cause of Yorubas reunified with family or reunified Hausas, they are challenging what they call discriminatory.

I will repeat, LASG has not discriminated and is vindicated by constitution.

If there are specifics that you wiould like to charge LASG with, then enumerate those specifics rather than just shouting that it deported. It has responded and said it did not. End of whining.
Re: Internal Deportation Of Citizens: Is It Constitutional? by ikenga67: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy: Let me teach you law Mr Lawyer

Sadly, that dude is quite representative of the quality of "lawyers" they churn out of Nigerian law school. The malaise runs all the way up to the supreme court. Imagine a decision that say an individual that did not contest an election won the election. Or a mindset that argues that executive immunity means the office holder is simply above the law without regard to whether he was acting in his official capacity or acting in good faith. The so-called lawyers are what destroyed Nigeria. Really tragic!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Play A Game / Vladimir Putin’s Daughter Flees Dutch Penthouse As Anger Rises Over Flight MH17 / Will Be Posting East-West Road, Benin-Ore And Lagos/Ibadan Roads Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.