Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry (24009 Views)

Top Tips For Healthy And Young Looking Skin / American Gold Jewelry With No Irritation And Lifetime Guarantee / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by sassie(f): 6:56pm On May 31, 2008
They say buying gold jewelry is not like buying burgers from McDonald's!. It sure isn't.

Article:
http://www.articleassets.com/Article/Top-Tips-To-Buying-Gold-Jewelry/32631

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by krama(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2008
The article was enlightening, thanks
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Afribiz(f): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
Good article for gold buyers like me. Yeah! every genuine gold shld have a trademark as well as the indication of the carats.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2008
can someone pls tell me where i can find a goldsmith in lagos? i bought all my stuff when i was in kano and have no idea where to wash or fix my gold jewellry here.

thx
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Afribiz(f): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2008
iceblue:

can someone please tell me where i can find a goldsmith in lagos? i bought all my stuff when i was in kano and have no idea where to wash or fix my gold jewellry here.

thx

I do wash my gold jewelries at Obalande and Tejuosho market. They also have goldsmiths there.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2008
I'd rather wash them at tejuosho, but we know that may not happen for a while. do you have the address or phone no of the people who wash yours?

do they also offer goldsmith services? are they hausa?
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Afribiz(f): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2008
Well, there's an hausa man that helps me take my gold to the goldsmiths for washing. His name is Sahabi. I haven't actually related with those goldsmiths directly, so i'm not sure of other services they are rendering, and if they're all hausas.

You can just go to Sahabi and he'll direct you. He stays in the Mr Biggs compound, opposite the burnt Tejuosho mkt.

Have you heard of Benkol bridals? They are one of the major dealers in bridal wears and accessories, as well as in gold jewlries. They have their goldsmiths and they offer efficient services. They have their branches all over town, but i'm more conversant with their Adeniran Ogunsanya branch and Alagomeji (queen's street) branch.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Riskie(f): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2008
About this whole washing gold thing, don't pay to get it done. It is a rip off. Boil hot water add soap and put the jewlery in it for a while when it's still boiling and leave it for a while. Remove the gold and then if needed scrub gently with a tooth brush. Then rinse and dry it. That's what the people that clean it do and they charge by the gram for cleaning. My friend who owns a gold shop gave me this tip. It works, saves you the journey and money. wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by fellybabe(f): 1:55am On Jul 30, 2008
@Riskie, thanks.
the result was awesome

1 Like

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Riskie(f): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
fellybabe:

@Riskie, thanks.
the result was awesome

Glad u found the tip useful wink
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by stephedith(f): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
can sm1 tell me where to buy original gold jewery?
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by hannielle(f): 11:09pm On May 21, 2010
@ all in the house,
kindly give me the folowing tips if u can-
where to buy good fashion jewelry @ the best price in Lagos
where to buy original coral beads and gold jewelry at @ the best price also in lagos.
Thx a zillion.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 22, 2010
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by jovi: 10:21pm On May 26, 2010
from there,

Later!
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by jovi: 11:17pm On May 30, 2010
Read ur post on this, how can i contact you, i have some for sale and also contacts in case u need it for commercial purposes,
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by earlenemag: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
Gold jewelry uses gold of one or the other karats. Always ask about the purity of the gold used in the jewelry you buy. Very versatile, gold can be shaped into different forms: wires, flat sheets, rings or poured into a mold for custom shapes. This is why gold is widely used in jewelry. If buying gold jewelry with stone insets like diamonds, rubies, emeralds or any other gemstones, always ask about the quality and purity of the stones used
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by jovi: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
@Afribiz, does sahabi also buy Old gold jewellery Like the hausa's do in Abuja, or does anyone know any other place in Lagos dealing in Gold, (want to sell, )
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by baccifinejewelry: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2010
Nice article to read. Great!
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by hardesuwah: 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2010
just go to yaba, d mallams buying,selling and washing gold are everywhere, just follow them.D last time i bought a gram was 5000 and i sold a gram for abt 4500,cant remember again.What do u want to sell and what does it weigh,I might b interested
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by jovi: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
O.k Thanks @ Ardesuwah, i want to sell earrings and a gold chain--(choker like new design), bought in Dubai last year, but people buy and take ages. to pay, since i need the money now, will just sell,
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by beautyline(f): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2010
You can also go to City Mall Onikan, Lagos.

There is a shop on the ground floor (I've forgotten the name) that buys gold.
They wont try to cheat you like some mallams at Yaba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by jovi: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2010
o.k, thanks beautyline, will also chk that out!!!
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by PrinceKwame: 4:02am On Dec 16, 2010
I am Prince Kwame Nana from our community. Am a representative for the local gold minners here in our community, Ghana. We have capability of producing between 250-300 kilos of gold dust / Gold dore bars monthly.

The product available below: Commodity Gold dust / Dore bars Available -
QUANTITY: 500kg
ORIGIN : Ghana (Obuasi community)
QUALITY: 22+ carats
PURITY: 96.67%
Packaging: in metal boxes.

Terms and conditions: In as much as I intend to establish a cordial business relationship with you, Interested buyer will have to arrange and come down to Ghana for inspection on our products, take a random sample for test at the government geological survey department, having been satisfy with the assay report, buyer / seller will then sign (sales and purchase contract / agreement). or if buyer can not go through this we can make plans for the golds to be shipment to his/her destination on CIF, we only accept the following (SBLC MT760 and MT799 ) I shall be grateful to furnish you with any further information that you may require after hearing from you and shall consider it a privilege entering long-lasting relationship between both parties.

Below are my contact information.
Name: Prince Kwame Nana
Email: princekwame.nana@gmail.com
Yahoo IM: princekwame.nana70
Phone Number: +233 247 595879
We are waiting your purchase interest and quick responses.
Best Regards,
Prince Kwame Nana

1 Like

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by ANAgency(m): 7:14am On Jun 04, 2013
According to my research we have 3 types of gold jewelry.
1. Solid gold jewelry.
2. Gold filled jewelry.
3. Gold plated jewelry.

I want to start a jewelry ecommerce store and thinking of gold filled jewelry.

Advice me house.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by mygirrl: 11:37am On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=A.N Agency]According to my research we have 3 types of gold jewelry.
1. Solid gold jewelry.
2. Gold filled jewelry.
3. Gold plated jewelry.

Advice me house.

Hi I'm a gold smith. gold filled is good but costing becomes a problem most especially if you want to create a master piece the price of gold solder alone is over 15 thousand naira and we are talking about a very very tiny small piece, unless you want to sell only wire works in ur store you have to find out if there is a market for wire works jewelry cos the designs are limited
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by ANAgency(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=mygirrl][/quote]

What do you mean when u say costing? Which do you advice i start with?
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by heroine2018: 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
pls I need specific adress of goldsmith in obalende, I want to melt gold and make something else with it.
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Oladat4real: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
hardesuwah: just go to yaba, d mallams buying,selling and washing gold are everywhere, just follow them.D last time i bought a gram was 5000 and i sold a gram for abt 4500,cant remember again.What do u want to sell and what does it weigh,I might b interested

How much are they buying one gram of 24karat gold filled (not a solid gold but a gold filled) in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by Oladat4real: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
A.N Agency:
According to my research we have 3 types of gold jewelry.
1. Solid gold jewelry.
2. Gold filled jewelry.
3. Gold plated jewelry.

Advice me house.

how much are they buying one gram of 24 karats gold filled (not a solid gold but a gold filled) in Nigeria?
Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by imlawal3: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
I'm a Goldsmith i repair all type of jewelleries,am in2 buying and selling Gold,07033414018

1 Like

Re: Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry by leocathra(f): 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
imlawal3: I'm a Goldsmith i repair all type of jewelleries,am in2 buying and selling Gold,07033414018
where do u stay, cos I want to sell n remould some of my golds

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? / Chiamaka Chukurah Crowned As Sisi Oge Of Lagos 2017 (Photos) / Photos Of Contestants For Queen Of Igboland Pageant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.