Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

What Do I Need To Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do I Need To Be Saved? (517 Views)

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Be Saved? by fandt: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
I want to be saved!!
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
fandt: I want to be saved!!
Saved from what? And why?
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who else but JESUS...he's all u need, no mata d circumstance. He's always there to help.
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by timothycel(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mark 16:15-16 "15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

You must first step is to believe and then be baptized and you will be saved.

According to some people you can go on living your life as you please after that and sin more than ever before.

Matthew 28:19-20 "19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”"

Then there is what Jesus says that you should be taught his commands after baptism. (Some people believe that you dont have to keep his commands because of grace but you can decide for yourself.)

I can give you a list of some of the commands if you like.

Peace
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
@OP: you need the One Jesus was crying to and begging to save him. You dont need any who is less to The One Jesus depended upon, The Very One Who is able to do all things, effortlessly. That is God Who created. He didnt create you for peril. But it is the perilous environment that leads to peril. So Only God can save all from doom.
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:17am On Aug 07, 2013
fandt: I want to be saved!!
Go get money!
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by veecovee: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2013
timothycel: Mark 16:15-16 "15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

You must first step is to believe and then be baptized and you will be saved.

According to some people you can go on living your life as you please after that and sin more than ever before.

Matthew 28:19-20 "19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”"

Then there is what Jesus says that you should be taught his commands after baptism. (Some people believe that you dont have to keep his commands because of grace but you can decide for yourself.)

I can give you a list of some of the commands if you like.

Peace
To add, have a look at these

Hebrews12:14
14 Make every effort to live in peace with
everyone and to be holy; without holiness
no one will see the Lord.
1 John 2
New International Version (NIV)
2 My dear children, I write this to you so
that you will not sin. But if anybody does
sin, we have an advocate with the Father—
Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the
atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only
for ours but also for the sins of the whole
world.
1 John 1:9
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive
ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we
confess our sins, he is faithful and just and
will forgive us our sins and purify us from
all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have
not sinned, we make him out to be a liar
and his word is not in us.
2 Peter 3:12-14
12 as you look forward to the day of God
and speed its coming.[b] That day will
bring about the destruction of the heavens
by fire, and the elements will melt in the
heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we
are looking forward to a new heaven and a
new earth, where righteousness dwells.
14 So then, dear friends, since you are
looking forward to this, make every effort to
be found spotless, blameless and at peace
with him.
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by Detonatorrex(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by fandt: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
could you please give me the commands?
Re: What Do I Need To Be Saved? by fandt: 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Would somebody help me please? I want to be saved!!!!!!!!!
And if saved, how do I grow in this salvation?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Worry About Anything Part 6 / The Truck Driver And The Tyre / Nigeria: Churches— Business Or Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.