Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,258 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? (1303 Views)

Eagles Watch|ogbeche, Musa And IK Uche Score In Europe / Forgotten Eagle Batholomew Ogbeche Now Highest Goal Scorer In The Eredivisie / Middlesbrough Sign Nigeria Striker Bartholomew Ogbeche! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by cescky(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2008
??
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by Ibime(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2008
He is playing in Spanish first division for Murcia or something like that. He did well at Alaves last season in the 2nd division.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by tosinadeda: 12:35am On Jun 01, 2008
is it just me?
i feel his partnership with martins in the unity cup 2004 was superb
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by davidif: 1:00am On Jun 01, 2008
This is one of those sad stories of kids that were rushed too early too soon to the spotlight. Credit his demise to shuaibu amodu and the nigerian media who pushed the boy so early to join the national team despite just breaking in to first team at PSG, they should have let the boy develop for at least 2 years. I remember that the boy was introduced to the National team as a result of a spur-of-the-moment reaction by the NFA to disband the national team just a couple of months before the World Cup. Instead of keeping the team intact and introducing a couple of new players, they decided to start from scratch at the behest of millions of Nigerians. Shuaibu Amodu like many detractors out there don't know that the majority opinion is not always the right opinion they failed to realize that every kid is different, and that every player has a different growth curve; some players blow up early like the Ronaldo's and the Messi's, and some develop late like the Luca Toni's, in fact for every Michael Owen there is a Nii Lamptey and for every Rooney there is a Berkant Goktan. The morale of the story is that this kids should be allowed to develop both mentally, physically and football speaking before being introduced to the highest so as not to shatter their confidence. By the way, there is a reason why Bojan Krkic is not playing in the Euros, hint hint: its not because he is not good enough.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by kainos76(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2008
David I couldn't agree with u more. When I think of Ogbeche my heart just melts, the people who run football in our country know nothing about harnessing talent. I just hope and pray he makes something out of his career.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2008
@ davidif, kainos76

can u really fault the coaches?

Afterall we're talking about players who've done everything possible to hide their real ages.

It's just like saying we rushed Aghahowa into the super eagles @ age 17(Nations' cup 2000).

now he's "supposedly" 25 and heaven knows where he is @ the moment.

If Ogbeche had maintained the form that brought him to the National team, no devil would have been able to keep him out.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by kainos76(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2008
Akyns it's true that a lot of these players aren't honest about their age but Ogbeche's case is peculiar because he was relatively young when he was thrown into the "deep end". Aghahowa on the other hand was an established "old man" when he played for the under 21's, he is in Limbo now and rightly so.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2008
Yeah kainos u're right.

But his form ever since has been on the downward slide.

Surely,thats not the fault of the coaches.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by Tattooboy: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2008
@post
i dont know, but i know if he's playing good football as at now he should be displaying with the Super CHICKENS
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by viee(f): 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2008
he plays for Valladolid in Spain, made few apperances for them and scored 2 goals
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by gabelogan(m): 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2008
kainos76:

Akyns it's true that a lot of these players aren't honest about their age but Ogbeche's case is peculiar because he was relatively young when he was thrown into the "deep end". Aghahowa on the other hand was an established "old man" when he played for the under 21's, he is in Limbo now and rightly so.

WHO TOLD YOU OGBECHE WAS RELATIVELY YOUNG WHEN HE DEBUTED FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 19 THEN BUT FROM VERY RELAIBLE SOURCES, OGBECHE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN 1995 FROM FGC OKIGWE. HE WAS EVEN SCHOOL'S THE LABOUR PREFECT.
IF HE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN 1995, HOW WAS HE 19 IN 2002? I BET HE WAS 12 WHEN HE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL RIGHT
THAT BOY WAS ALREADY A MATURED MAN BY 2002.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by davidif: 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2008
@akyns
Agahowa is at either Reading or Wigan in the premiership.
@gabe logan
I actually heard Ogbeche was 17 when he debuted with the national team and yes a friend of mine told me that he did go to FGC Okigwe.
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2008
davidif:

@akyns
Agahowa is at either Reading or Wigan in the premiership.

@ davidif
I think he's been sacked for non-performance.

Imagine a 25 yr old being sacked for non-performance!
Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by asha80(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2009
Abeg Barthlomew Ogbeche is old ooo.He finished from FGC okigwe in 1995 and he was the labour prefect of his set.I know this because i went to the same secondary school as he and he was 2 yrs my senior.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? by ow11(m): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2009
asha 80:

Abeg Barthlomew Ogbeche is old ooo.He finished from FGC okigwe in 1995 and he was the labour prefect of his set.I know this because i went to the same secondary school as he and he was 2 yrs my senior.

He should be about 29/30 which is still okay to play active footie.

(1) (Reply)

/ Kalou Pays Up $5,000 Bet With Mikel Obi After Eagles’ Victory. / Kelechi Iheneacho Leaves For Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.