Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

What Is Phubing, Do You Phub, And Why? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / What Is Phubing, Do You Phub, And Why? (7360 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Phubing, Do You Phub, And Why? by noskyboy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
What is phubing? lets get educated. Phubing is something most of us do most of the time, especially in social situations. Phubing is an act of snobing using your phone, it is when you intentionally and pretensiously bury your head in your phone in order to ignore someone or something, many of us do it, you know now, when you try to use your phone as a cover when ignoring or pretending not to hear or be interested, it may surprise you to know that rapper jay z, is the master of phubing, that's according to a channel, french 24.
For me, I phub alot, not because am a snob, but for good reasons, they include;
To stop/boil down an argument, most times, when involved in an argument, and I want to quit, I just pretend to be busy with my phone, so the argument would just die down, but my friend Nanpan never falls for this trick, he keeps talking.
- secondly I phub to reorganize my lines when in a live chat with a girl, you know, when you don't have anything else to gist about, you just press your phone for a while and try to remember your lines, then gist continuous.
I also use it when waiting for someone in a busy place, make e no be like say you jobless or stranded. I just press my phone and form busy. There are other reasons I phub sha.
So lets hear yours, do you phub? And why?
Re: What Is Phubing, Do You Phub, And Why? by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 07, 2013
There are things one shouldn't make public, especially if they are ways of extracting relief in embarrassing situations.. So you don't run out of options, or send out wrong signals..
Re: What Is Phubing, Do You Phub, And Why? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 31, 2019
Jesus Christ. How do you do it? shocked

(1) (Reply)

Adventure Of A Bad Omo Pastor / David's Prayer In Pidgin English / My Collection of Funny Pictures Quote And Jokes To Crack Your Ribs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.