Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences (2392 Views)

NYSC Re-introduces Batch 'C' Into 2016 Calendar / 2015 Election -NYSC Re-schedule Batch A Passing Out parade / No Nysc Re-deployment To Lagos, Abuja And Rivers For Batch A. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 07, 2013
I've searched this board(NYSC) before posting this topic according to rule no. 14. So if there is an existing thread on this particular issue, the mods should kindly draw my attention to it.

Back to the main issue:

I happen to be an undergraduate of a Federal University which has been running a stable academic calendar since 2011. I will conclude my degree studies by August,2013 other things being equal and get mobilized for the batch C NYSC postings come November,2013.

I've been contemplating on re-mobilizing for the Batch A NYSC postings in February, 2014 due to the fact that I have some pending projects and self-development programs (mostly outside the area of my training) that I want to embark on before going for service which will take me nothing less than five months to accomplish. My reason for doing this is because I want to have something to fall back on during and after service which I believe I can only acquire the relevant skills during the period between graduation and mobilization because it is time-demanding and secondly because I'm not enthusiastic about the NYSC concept

So, my questions goes thus:

1) what are the possible reasons I can give to the NYSC/School authorities for re-mobilization?

2) What are the protocols involved in getting my name on the February 2014 Batch A mobilization list?

3) Is there any penalty for not turning up for mobilization in my ORIGINAL batch?

I will be awaiting your thoughtful and insightful comments
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 07, 2013
I want to believe that I'm not the only person in this kind of dilemma. I implore past and prospective corpers to share their views and opinions.

Without sounding boastful, I believe this topic is worthy of frontpage.
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by tojahh(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
my friend this is what you are to do... I am presently a batch B corp member, when it gets to the time for mobilization and your name is out, simply don't pick up the call up letter, then your school SA will return same to the NYSC HQ where you will be re-mobilized for the next batch... talking from experience
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
tojahh: my friend this is what you are to do... I am presently a batch B corp member, when it gets to the time for mobilization and your name is out, simply don't pick up the call up letter, then your school SA will return same to the NYSC HQ where you will be re-mobilized for the next batch... talking from experience

Thanks for the answer, Sir. Furthermore, I would like to know if there is any penalty/fine attached to not picking up one's call up letter at the scheduled time?
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by tojahh(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=bheegsam]

No there is non. At least not in my case, according to my school's SA you can only be mobilized 3 times within the scope of one academic calender year after which it is deemed that you have forfeited your service.
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by ruffneck(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2013
bheegsam: I've searched this board(NYSC) before posting this topic according to rule no. 14. So if there is an existing thread on this particular issue, the mods should kindly draw my attention to it.

Back to the main issue:

I happen to be an undergraduate of a Federal University which has been running a stable academic calendar since 2011. I will conclude my degree studies by August,2013 other things being equal and get mobilized for the batch C NYSC postings come November,2013.

I've been contemplating on re-mobilizing for the Batch A NYSC postings in February, 2014 due to the fact that I have some pending projects and self-development programs (mostly outside the area of my training) that I want to embark on before going for service which will take me nothing less than five months to accomplish. My reason for doing this is because I want to have something to fall back on during and after service which I believe I can only acquire the relevant skills during the period between graduation and mobilization because it is time-demanding and secondly because I'm not enthusiastic about the NYSC concept

So, my questions goes thus:

1) what are the possible reasons I can give to the NYSC/School authorities for re-mobilization?

2) What are the protocols involved in getting my name on the February 2014 Batch A mobilization list?

3) Is there any penalty for not turning up for mobilization in my ORIGINAL batch?

I will be awaiting your thoughtful and insightful comments
Å
Guy who told u ur going for batch C 2013?
Ur service year starts frm batch A nxt year....u cnt graduate in 013 and go for service in 013
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
@tojahh and ruffneck, thanks for your insighful answers. I have gained one or two things that will aid me in making a well informed decision! See you at the top. Ajuwaya!
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by tojahh(m): 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
ruffneck: Å
Ur service year starts frm batch A nxt year....u cnt graduate in 013 and go for service in 013
My friend for the record, it is VERY POSSIBLE to graduate in same year and serve the same year, it all goes down to your schools' attitude and readiness in preparing your result and getting you mobilized. (FED POLY, AUCHI, EDO STATE AS CASE STUDY)
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
tojahh: My friend for the record, it is VERY POSSIBLE to graduate in same year and serve the same year, it all goes down to your schools' attitude and readiness in preparing your result and getting you mobilized. (FED POLY, AUCHI, EDO STATE AS CASE STUDY)

You are on point,Sir! FUNAAB as also been mobilizing its graduates for the NYSC same year ever since the academic calendar as been regularized since 2011, thanks to the thoughtfulness and passion for making things work of the former VC, Prof. Olaiya Balogun.

Now FUNAAB's academic calendar starts from October and ends by July/August. So FUNAAB'S graduates are mobilized for the NYSC Batch C in November same year.
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by ruffneck(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
bheegsam:

You are on point,Sir! FUNAAB as also been mobilizing its graduates for the NYSC same year ever since the academic calendar as been regularized since 2011, thanks to the thoughtfulness and passion for making things work of the former VC, Prof. Olaiya Balogun.

Now FUNAAB's academic calendar starts from October and ends by July/August. So FUNAAB'S graduates are mobilized for the NYSC Batch C in November same year.
Shebi u jst graduated?....pls inform me when u go for Nov batch dis year
Thers no point arguing
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by ImperialMcHael(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Even if U̶̲̥̅̊ graduated, the time frame is too close, check the NYSC calender and have in mind the release and approval of your results by your Senate (list should be ready and submitted to NYSC by Sept 5). For someone who probably is writing his final exans by August, I don't think a miracle could happen in a week to your favour.
BUT...... ASUU strike to your rescue....... Hehehehehehehehehhehe!
Now U̶̲̥̅̊ can serve anytime u like!
What abt 2015?
Re: NYSC Re-Mobilization 'Politics' And Its Consequences by pweetygeek(f): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
ruffneck: Å
u r quite wrong I graduated july 013 nd av bin mobilised to serve dis nov 013

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Members Get Disturbing Letters After Posting (see Photo) / My Camp Experience (part 1) Story By Deobaba / Who Has Successfully Downloaded He/her Call-up Letter Since 6 PM Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.