Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone (1531 Views)

10 Apps That'll Make Your Smartphone Smarter / Turn Your Android Device Into A Glass / JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2013
Quite literal thats what i am about to dive into.

Have you ever want your phone to be more than a smart phone. To be more attuned to your needs of it.

Such needs being.

I want:-

1. My screen brightness to be high and volume loudest when i am playing my favorite games (modern warfare or temple run)
2. When my alarm wakes me in the morning, i want to see my favourite tweets from twitter and plume.
3. Around lunch time automatically open my facebook and alert me to new updates.
4. (my personl best). When i am at the office, automatically switch off my 3G and connect to my office wifi.
5. When connected to my office wifi, automatically open my podcast and download the latest pods. when done, switch to tunein and play online station on low volume to work resumption.

By now you will begin to get the picture of what i mean by needing your Android device to be smarter and tuned to your needs.

Well ladies and gentlemen now you can actual make your phone do all you needs and more(well it can't get you a girlfriend without effort).

There is a little know or should i say unknown app(to Nigerians) called Tasker.

Tasker has been around for quite awhile. But because it has a price tag, most of us, i have come to notice over look apps with a price tag.

What Tasker does, is it gives you the ability to automate your phone more to your own personal needs. More like your customizing your phone to suit you taste(not just the wallpaper or the ring tones). Tasker can do a myriad of things and from what i have seen so far, most people using it are just scratching the surface.

like building your own Siri type personal assistant to customized voice activated prompts like Vlingo, to on screen notification without the need to slide the notification bar or install different apps for the above mentioned tasks.

There are a lot of things you can do with Tasker, But first you have to understand how to use it.There are a lot of tutorials and articles out there on how to use it and for beginners out there. But see me as the goto guy to ask questions on things you don't understand or need to know.

And yes, all those wants mentioned above, i actually created them on and for my Tecno Phantom A.
The other sweet thing about tasker is its ability to turn the tasks you create into actual apps(apk files) that you can share with friends.

So head on over to Google play and download it.

Feel free to leave your comment or greater responses on the comment section Below.

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by LEGEND7466(m): 8:42am On Aug 07, 2013
Nice one......Uve got ma attention!
Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by LEGEND7466(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks alot.....More meat to ur meatpie
Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by bigt2(m): 8:54am On Aug 07, 2013
How much is it? And how am i going to pay grin
duuuuuur!!! Its free here: http://search.4shared.com/q/CCAD/1/tasker
Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by IAMBREEZY: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Great app i gat it.
Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by delikay4luv: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
nice app
Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
Today we will be looking at How to automate switching on your phone wifi, fro those situations where there is a wifi network at home or office or cafe u connect to.

This is handy for people who have wifi at their office or at home, and dont want to always physically go to their wifi button to enable the wifi. or want that as they get to their wifi connection, one or more of their favourite apps open when their wifi is on.

So with out further alk, lets get to it.

First off, one your tasker.

go to the profile tab and click the plus button on the lower right corner. A pop will appear asking you to select either
Application,Date,State,Location,Event< or time.

There are actually two ways of setting this up.

You can go by location, where by you tell tasker that if you are within 30meters of a location specified on your map, tasker should turn your wifi on and connect to your wifi net work. Problem with this is that your location sensor will always be on, and that tends to drain power fast on your device.

We will be doing it the other way.

Back to the profile tab

Now select state.

on state tab, select phone, and under phone tab select cell near.

What this tasker to do is, That anytime your near a certain cell site or list of sites. Here you will click on scan, where tasker will show you the list of available cell sites close to you.p.s leave it on for about a minute to scan as, there thens to be more than 1 cell sites close by.

Now stop the scan and press the back button on the top right of the screen beside the tasker icon.

This will take you back to profile tab. But now a new pop up will appear asking you to select action or name action.

This is where we will tell tasker what it should do when near those cell sites we located.

Now we will name that action wifi on. then we will click the check mark.

tasker will take us to the task or action tab. Here we will click the plus sign below, this should bring a list of pop up's of which we will select the net tab, now in the net tab we will select wifi.

this opens a page with a window that says set as "off". click the off and u will see a list. in the list select "on". once selected, click the back arrow beside tasker icon and we are done.

Thats all. Oh forgot, tap you options button and enable tasker. then exit tasker.

Now when ever your close to the cell sites you specified.(the one close to your office or home or cafe wifi) your wifi will actomatically turn on and connect to your wifi.

Look out for my next tutorial where i will show you how to turn off your keyguard lock when your around your wifi. And, How to open your radio app or music player once you plug your bluetooth ear piece or normal wired earpiece.

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2013
follow the picture tutorial

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 8:23am On Aug 13, 2013
next pic

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2013
cell selection

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2013
next

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2013
then you select

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2013
next you select wifi

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2013
then set it to on

Re: Turn Your Android Device Into A Smarter Phone by cj1080(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2013
now press back and enable tasker. Then exit from tasker and your good to go.

(1) (Reply)

Free Mobile Games, App, Theme...wapmasters Download. Surf&fun. / Infinix Mobile Wants You Decide The Price For The Infinix Zero / Android: GPS Turn On Randomly Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.