Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,250 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo (718 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / Mexico Or Nigeria Pls Advice / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by abbiebarbie: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2013
i was born in the uk but have lived in nigeria all my life. Now i av the priviledge to return back to the uk but am confused. av seen posts bout the uk dat it's very tough and not easy.i wana wich is better to live in...the uk or nigeria. will i get a job fast in the uk, coupled with an affordable part-time schooling education or should i remain in 9ja and round up my N.C.E program in educationplzzz i need advice...
Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by Naijalastborn(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2013
It depends on situation and Opportunity you have on hand, do you have Accomdation in UK?, you got family there? Asked your Yourself if you are ready to make changes in your life!!

If you are going to stay in UK legally well why not.

1 Like

Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by Dsage1: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2013
abbiebarbie: i was born in the uk but have lived in nigeria all my life. Now i av the priviledge to return back to the uk but am confused. av seen posts bout the uk dat it's very tough and not easy.i wana wich is better to live in...the uk or nigeria. will i get a job fast in the uk, coupled with an affordable part-time schooling education or should i remain in 9ja and round up my N.C.E program in educationplzzz i need advice...

Nowhere is easy for a lazy man. As for your NCE program,to be sincere with you,in this present Nigeria NCE cert is of little/no value even in education sector. So,if you have a good sponsor and a place to stay in UK,I will advise you to go and continue your education there. But if you dont have these two and cannot hustle,please don't go.
Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by Naijalastborn(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
D sage:

Nowhere is easy for a lazy man. As for your NCE program,to be sincere with you,in this present Nigeria NCE cert is of little/no value even in education sector. So,if you have a good sponsor and a place to stay in UK,I will advise you to go and continue your education there. But if you dont have these two and cannot hustle,please don't go.
naked Truth
Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by 1forall: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
It depends on you but know that as tough as the UK is described, it's not half as tough as Nig. What do you plan to do with your NCE? Consider the following:
Do you really want to be a teacher in Nigeria?
What are the career prospects of a Nigerian teacher?

In the UK, as long as you're legal there are always opportunities to take if you are motivated and focused. From my point of view the UK problem is not a lack of jobs or opportunities, but the lack of qualified hands to do the jobs.

If you have the opportunity to come to the UK, why not? Education for British citizens is relatively cheap and also flexible with part-time programmes readily available.

However I'd advise you to first of all determine what you want to do, it's very important. Once you identify that then go ahead and acquire the skills necessary to excel in it.

If you need more advice, just ask. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by Naijalastborn(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
1forall: It depends on you but know that as tough as the UK is described, it's not half as tough as Nig. What do you plan do do with your NCE? Consider the following:
Do you really want to be a teacher in Nigeria?
What are the career prospects of a Nigerian teacher?

In the UK, as long as you're legal there are always opportunities to take if you are motivated and focused. From my point of view the UK problem is not a lack of jobs or opportunities, but the lack of qualified hands to do the jobs.

If you have the opportunity to come to the UK, why not? Education for British citizens is relatively cheap and also flexible with part-time programmes readily available.

However I'd advise you to first of all determine what you want to do, it's very important. Once you identify that then go ahead and acquire the skills necessary to excel in it.

If you need more advice, just ask. Good luck!
another Tips
Re: The Uk Or Nigeria?am Confused Ooooo by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 08, 2013
If you were born in UK I guess you can apply for their passport from naija. Although I think this applies if you date of birth is before 1983

(1) (Reply)

The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport / South African DJ To Be First Black African In Space / How Much Does It Cost To Process And Travel To U.s.a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.