Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari (1313 Views)

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido / Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari / APC Chooses VP - Amaechi! - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by EASTSIDAZ: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Former military Head of State and a national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari, said on Tuesday that he has not ruled out his chances of running for the 2015 Presidential election, insisting that such a decision would be tied to the decision of the party.

“My decision will be tied to the constitution of the APC; if the party chooses me as its candidate, I will contest, if they do not consider me, I will not contest but I will still support the party.

“My decision to run for 2015 will solely be the party’s decision,” he said.

Buhari, who was Presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the last general election spoke while receiving members of the Democratic Emancipation Movement (DEM) who paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Kaduna.

Speaking on the journey leading to emergence of APC, Buhari said: “I thought about this merger since 2007. This is because I found out that none of the opposition parties can challenge PDP successfully.

“But if we come together with those that have representation at the National Assembly and the Houses of Assembly and go back to sensitise our constituents, even if the PDP wants to rig they would find it impossible to do so.

“I discovered that by being so divided, we made ourselves very vulnerable. So, the best way to survive and for this country to stabilise, we just have to come together and I believe along the line we made necessary sacrifices,” he added.

Speaking on the registration of the APC, Buhari attributed the feat to the impartial role played by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the events leading to the eventual approval of the party.

Indeed, he praised the commission’s leadership to high heavens over the achievement.

He said the main focus of the APC at the moment would be to mobilise Nigerians towards pushing the ruling PDP out of power in 2015.

“To be honest, we have to thank INEC, because when we thought we have applied according to the 2010 Electoral Act, INEC drew our attention to the section that said there must be a headquarters at the federal capital that is good enough to be called the headquarters of a national party, then our constitution, our manifesto, the harmonisation of the main three parties.

“We thought that the initial nine signatories were enough to manage the party in the interim between registration and convention, but INEC advised us and told us that we need to get between at least 25 to 35 people to come out from the whole geo-political zones to sign.

“If the INEC wanted to be wicked, they could have kept mute and just send us a letter that our application was not complete, they could have done that.

“But for them to send us an observation which was later corrected, I believe they have been very impartial and we thank them for that,” Buhari said.

According to him, “The tension had already come and gone; people now think that they have viable alternative. These feelings and belief are aboard across the country, not only in the North or in the South West.

“There is a good feeling about the party in all the political zones of the country.

“Our next important step is the mobilisation of constituencies to make sure that elections are conducted according to law.

“In 2003, 2007, 2011, a lot of disgraceful things happened during those election years. We are trying now to put the structure of APC on the ground from the ward level to the national, with the hope of giving Nigerians hope and capturing power.

“Those that are going to be in charge of the party from now to the convention are the people that are very committed to the party’s stabilisation and political strength of the country.

“We have started working hard to ensure that we avoid problems.”

Buhari attributed the registration of APC and others to efforts of late Gani Fawehinmi, saying “it was late Gani Fawehinmi who took the letter I wrote and went to Supreme Court to stop the ruling party from denying other parties registration.

“We all thank Gani Fawehinmi for his foresight to challenge the matter at the Supreme Court,” he said.

Buhari said APC was determined to give Nigerians a new lease life and hope.

Speaking earlier, leader of the Democratic Emancipation Movement, Matamaki Tom Maiyashi, said Nigerians are aware of several efforts aimed at sabotaging the registration of APC.

Meanwhile, APC said on Tuesday that it was not bothered about the identity of its Presidential flag-bearer in 2015, adding that the office of the Presidency was not its priority for now.

Interim National Chairman of the party, Bisi Akande, said this at the inauguration of the national interim management of APC in Abuja on Tuesday.

When asked of the position of the party on the Presidency, Akande said: “We have been listening to people talking about the Presidency. We have not reached that stage, until after our national convention which is around November or December.

“By then, we shall be talking about the Presidency. The only exception is Anambra State. We are holding congresses.”

Akande, at the briefing where other national officers were present, also announced that the new party would embark on membership drive to register new members nationwide.

He said the party would use five members for each of the 8,000 wards nationwide for the registration drive.

“I am sure by October or November, we should have completed the exercise,” he said.

On ideology of the APC, Akande said: “We have a manifesto but which needs a lot of fine-tuning and by the time we do, it would not be difficult for Nigerians to know where we belong but by the attitudes of our 11 Governors, you should have seen where we belong as a party.”

In a related development, Ekiti State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Makanjuola Ogundipe, on Tuesday described APC as being “dead on arrival”, adding that “APC is just a new baby who cannot stand the heat of this election.”

According to Ogundipe, “ACN (Action Congress of Nigeria) only changed its name to APC because the members and leaders are ashamed of their past.”

The PDP chieftain spoke in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Tuesday following a peace meeting between the warring factions of the party in Ekiti State brokered by its national secretariat.

Ogundipe encouraged party members to show interest in the 2014 governorship race, just as he advised them to always concur with whatever position taken by the leadership in order not to erode the party’s supremacy.

With the successful brokering of peace, all the suspended members, including former Governor of the state, Ayodele Fasyose, have now been brought back into the party’s fold.

In an enlarged meeting of stakeholders at the popular Ojujoda Hotel in Ado-Ekiti, a four-man national PDP delegation led by Umar Damagum expressed joy that all aggrieved members have resolved to work together in the overall interest of the party.

Although Damagun did not address the controversial issue of consensus arrangement in choosing party candidate for the coming governorship election which almost tore the party apart in the state, he said all warring groups attended the meeting.

He said that points to the fact that they were determined to embrace peace.

“I am happy and confident that we are more than resolved after this meeting in Ekiti PDP to take what belongs to us in 2014, and when the time comes, the leadership of our party will do what is right,” Damagun added.

The PDP chieftain said his coming was a confirmation that the suspension placed on some of the members as well as officials of the party in Ekiti have been quashed.

While Fayose and his cronies, like PDP state Secretary, Tope

Aluko, Publicity Secretary, Kola Oluwawole, and Women Leader, Busola Oyebode, were suspended for anti-party activities, the group also in a counter move suspended the chairman for alleged bribery and highhandedness.

Damagum, who addressed newsmen after the parley, expressed happiness on the progress made, saying the party will wax stronger to confront the APC in the impending governorship battle in Ekiti State.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2013
hahah! planning for a future, dis saddo wants to be President of Niger Republic not only Nigeria.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2013
He is indirectly sending them a message wink
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Buhari remains the best opposition presidential material despite his shortcomings ...
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by sEyi6: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2013
Maxymilliano: Buhari remains the best opposition presidential material despite his shortcomings ...

What do you think his shortcomings are?
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by sEyi6: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

He is the sheik bin ladin buhari grin grin grin grin

The spiritual father of the dreaded boko haram..

I keep wondering why the federal government with all the security, intelligence and anti-corruption agencies under her has not been able to trace this dread Islamic terrorist "bokoharam" to Buhari, yet we keep calling this guy(Buhari) a sponsor and the father of bokoharm. Does it mean the federal government is incompetent or scared of making Buhari face the law if found guilty of these crimes we are associating with him?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2013
BUHARI WE WANT U NO MORE*

Y IS IT DIFFICULT 4 U TO ACCEPT??

UNTIL U LOSE AGAIN I GUESS?
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2013
$£yi:

What do you think his shortcomings are?

It is not what I think but what I know. Let's leave that out of the discussion. The thread is about Buhari's aspiration.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:
Igbos will forever stick with PDP at national level and APGA at state level. Period!

First of all I know you are speaking for yourself and not the Igbo nation. But can you please tell me as an individual - how your life has improved under PDP. Whatever state you are from, tell me the noticeable improvement you have seen under Jonathan and your PDP Governor! I am waiting to hear you!
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by EASTSIDAZ: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2013
$£yi:

I keep wondering why the federal government with all the security, intelligence and anti-corruption agencies under her has not been able to trace this dread Islamic terrorist "bokoharam" to Buhari, yet we keep calling this guy(Buhari) a sponsor and the father of bokoharm. Does it mean the federal government is incompetent or scared of making Buhari face the law if found guilty of these crimes we are associating with him?

Wait until ICC picks him up, then you will amazed at the volume of intels that they have got on the guy. All his calls has been under surveillance all these years. He has no hiding place. ICC is after him, they will soon issue formal arrest warrant. Of which FG will readily available to give him up to the International Court.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by princesammmy: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2013
if they choose him GEJ till 2019 is sure

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by EASTSIDAZ: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Nashville:

First of all I know you are speaking for yourself and not the Igbo nation. But can you please tell me as an individual - how your life has improved under PDP. Whatever state you are from, tell me the noticeable improvement you have seen under Jonathan and your PDP Governor! I am waiting to hear you!

Yes PDP is working. APC is a sectional party the recent deporting of hardworking igbos from dirty lagos is an indication of a party with yuruba agenda and nothing more. PDP with all its shortcomings remains the only truly national party. We have already seen what APC are made of before they landed. Even there leaders are confirmed and convicted criminals and extremists.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Jakumo(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ha ha this muffuguh sure does have a sense of humor. The very day the International Criminal Court announces that Nigeria's terrorist leader and sponsor, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden will be subject to an INTERNATIONAL arrest warrant for his CENTRAL role in organizing mass-murder, the culprit announces that he will run for president of his goat herding village located amid the sandy wastelands of the Sahara desert.

Now there is a quaint delusion that is truly amusing. Let us watch and see how this savage killer of the innocent, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, organizes his election to the post of jail-house president in The Hague, Holland ha ha ha.

Your days as a free monkey are numbered, Ayatollah Buhari. The jig is up for your bony, AIDS-infested asz. The fat lady is fittin' to sing for your sorry asz, and you are about to go down for LIFE in the slammer, where you will kill, and call for killing, no more.

Goodbye, and good riddance, you sorry sack of chit. The world will be a much better place without you and your brain-dead antics. Finally, remember that if you start to go nuts in that cell, you can hang yourself from the bars, and do the world a great favor.

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by iamtheprincipal: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Go on GMB, we are right behind you!
Never listen to detractors.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by sEyi6: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Wait until ICC picks him up, then you will amazed at the volume of intels that they have got on the guy. All his calls has been under surveillance all these years. He has no hiding place. ICC is after him, they will soon issue formal arrest warrant. Of which FG will readily available to give him up to the International Court.

Are you listening to yourself? "we should wait until ICC picks him up"
But you can't wait until ICC picks him up before you started calling this:

EASTSIDAZ: He is the sheik bin ladin buhari grin grin grin grin

The spiritual father of the dreaded boko haram ..

I'm not a fan of Buhari and don't think I can ever be one, but we should be cautious of our comments on other people we have nothing substantial to prove they are what we think or heard they are.

NB: If Buhari is what APC presents to we Nigerians as the alternative to the not progressive PDP as their own Progressive candidate and Jonathan is what the PDP has as their best option in 2015, then I don't think I'll be interested in 2015 election.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by bloggernaija: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Yes PDP is working. APC is a sectional party the recent deporting of hardworking igbos from dirty lagos is an indication of a party with yuruba agenda and nothing more. PDP with all its shortcomings remains the only truly national party. We have already seen what APC are made of before they landed. Even there leaders are confirmed and convicted criminals and extremists.

The usual noise from the empty chest beaters

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by soma042(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nashville:

I'm from enugu, I'm happy with PDP they have at least provided me with~
Security
Good road network
79.9% power supply
Int' air travel
75.8% health facilities
Above all

100% peace of mind .
Now you tell me if im lying.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by dirifred(m): 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
is there a special pay for presidents who die in office? i think this Buhari is plaining to recieve a price for being in politics till his demise. otherwise its high time he retired. and rest his old bones

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by ak47mann(m): 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
boko haram and sponsors will soon be charged for terrorism cool
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Speaking on the journey leading to emergence of APC, Buhari said: “I thought about this merger since 2007. This is because I found out that none of the opposition parties can challenge PDP successfully.

Yet he still went on to form CPC, then he must be more clueless than GEJ, what do you think?.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by kel4soft: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nashville:

Enugu International airport. Hahaha
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by CyberG: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
kel4soft:

Was that a newly built airport?
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by kel4soft: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

What is PDP working?
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by YesBosss(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Oh, its no more Northern agenda or Islamizing Nigeria. When Obi sacked all non-indegene, its a good idea. When Ameachi relocated some beggars to there home state, it was a nice thing but when Fashola relocated 14 beggars then he is against the Igbos. I like your logic, keep it up.
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

You have said absolute nothing beyond the fact that you will vote only on ethnic basis. You cannot point to a single improvement PDP has given you but you just hate the opposition because they are from another tribe.

soma042:

I'm from enugu, I'm happy with PDP they have at least provided me with~
Security
Good road network
79.9% power supply
Int' air travel
75.8% health facilities
Above all

100% peace of mind .
Now you tell me if im lying.

I cannot say you are lying cos I have never been to Enugu. As long as you convinced that there are visible improvements then you can continue to vote PDP.

kel4soft:

Definitely worth mentioning. May be PDP is working in Enugu. I am not sure about other states though!
Re: 2015: I Will Run If APC Chooses Me –Buhari by Longeria(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
YesBosss:

Oh, its no more Northern agenda or Islamizing Nigeria. When Obi sacked all non-indegene, its a good idea. When Ameachi relocated some beggars to there home state, it was a nice thing but when Fashola relocated 14 beggars then he is against the Igbos. I like your logic, keep it up.
which Obi sacked non indigene.

(1) (Reply)

Luxury Living In Lagos Built With World Bank Funds For The Poor / PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Bayelsa / APC Accuses Presidency Of Fresh Plot To Sack Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.