Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Fraud Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Alert (1672 Views)

Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o / Fraud Alert For Nigeria Stockfish Importers. / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fraud Alert by chrisxxx(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
It is instructive I bring this to the notice of other members of this forum. I received the following message purportedly from a fraudulent fellow impersonating MTN.
The message has its sender as M T N STAR.
The body of the message reads thus:
This Line Have Been Assign#60,000 Airtime. For Your Line To Be Loaded Now. Visit {www.creditmeonline.com.ng} your Login PIN Is 6262. You Have 2hrs lift.
I knew from the body of the message especially with the grammar used and wrong spellings that it is fake. But I went a little further to see if actually somebody could open a website just for the purpose of swindling people. I visited the website and to my utmost surprise not only that it exists but it looks in every way real.
Some people may likely fall for this as there is a place where you would be asked to supply your winning number and #3000 worth of recharge card. I wonder where we are heading to in this country if somebody would have the fund or skill to develop a website only to use it to hoodwink people.
I wish others will know about this so that they don't fall to this kindergarten pranks.
Re: Fraud Alert by Chars1289: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
Got the msg too..had to check NL for its authenticity...tnks for d info...

(1) (Reply)

How Much Did You Change Dollar To Naira Via Internet Banking? / I Want To Start A Business. / Mendo Mrd Kilishi Packs Sizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.