Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS (2977 Views)

What Can One Do With Html / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
I created this software 7years ago and have been using it to train newbies website development using html,css,javascript. It also supports other languages like PHP, ASP - but those are rather advanced for now.

I learnt website development using notepad and internet explorer, so i created a software combining both notepad and internet explorer, with some other more advanced features.

The aim of the software being to increase speed of learning, and allowing you to do stuffs like:
* instant previewing of your HTML code inside the same window that you are using to work
* it has other features too and can be used by advanced users to create html templates and to make some other edits.

But for now, i am starting by focusing on newbies who just want to learn how to code.

The software was developed with visual basic 6.0 and runs on windows.

[img]http://images..net/textpad.jpg[/img]

The software is free and the installer is 2.4MB, download link is here

You are welcome, and thanks for the feedback, luckily, there is one or two other versions that can be used online. I will look at the possibility of uploading it.
But i am in the process of expanding my website, so that will wait a bit, but i will try to give it priority. I used the online version to learn because as at the time i mastered html, css and javascript, i had no PC, and learnt from cybercafe.

Also, if i remembered correctly, i made this software in a way that you can run it directly from a flash drive.

This is a standalone version (1.63 MB), all you need to do is to download it, unzip it somewhere, maybe your flashdrive and run it from there. You dont need to install it everytime - click here

1 Like

Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
Feedbacks and questions are appreciated.
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nmeri17: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
I appreciate the idea and specs but sadly i dont have a pc right now.I'll download for future use anyway
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
You are welcome, and thanks for the feedback, luckily, there is one or two other versions that can be used online. I will look at the possibility of uploading it.
But i am in the process of expanding my website, so that will wait a bit, but i will try to give it priority. I used the online version to learn because as at the time i mastered html, css and javascript, i had no PC, and learnt from cybercafe.

Also, if i remembered correctly, i made this software in a way that you can run it directly from a flash drive.

This is a standalone version (1.63 MB), all you need to do is to download it, unzip it somewhere, maybe your flashdrive and run it from there. You dont need to install it everytime - click here
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wow! If I can easily use it to edit Blogger template, it will be so cool. I will try it
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
You can edit a blogger template with it, in fact any template with it, once you get a hang on it. If you are using stuffs like blogger, the linking to your image must be absolute.

But it is made for small bits of codes. If the size of code you are editing is large, then you should disable the autopreview from the options menu. You can press F5 function key to generate preview.

Talking of preview, there are many ways to preview you code. You can even get the software to run your code inside a web browser which will pop up outside the application.

Here, i opened the source code of nairaland homepage with it.

[img]http://images..net/textpad2.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nmeri17: 1:12am On Aug 10, 2013
So u learnt programmin even before u had a pc?? Talk about faith
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, if you are desperate determined, you can do a whole lot of things. . .
Re: Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS by ibietela2(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2013
Following

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? / Best Web Designing And Digital Marketing Company In Ghaziabad? / Any Nigeria Payment Gateway That Accept Foreign Cards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.