Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Can One Do With Html - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Can One Do With Html (10948 Views)

Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / Help With Html/php Form Preview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hello friends... I dont know if there is a similar topic like this before, but I just want to know what someone with the knowlegde of just html can do? I know its used for creating a website, but I realy want to know what type of website and how advance the website can be. Thanks.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
wait a sec.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Laryokeke: 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
HTML can be used to write desktop applications that are not too technical. they can be simply run in your local browser or be compiled to .chm from where it can run on all windows platform

with JavaScript HTML can be used to write a great many applications ranging from games to calculators. however these can only be used with a browser.

u should know that this is rarely done in programming. however IT IS possible and easy too

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Html by 5hyguy: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
Html (html5)can be used to create mobile apps on bb, android, ios platforms etc

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Html by yawatide(f): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2013
HTML is used to code regular websites (static, nothing happening, plain old informational stuff). As opposed to a web app, which is where the fun stuff happens. For the latter, you need more than html. You need a back end language like php, jsp and the like. Examples of web apps: Facebook, Nairaland, and Twitter, to name but a few

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Afam4eva(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2013
I'm shocked that people are listing desktop applications as things HTML can be used to create. How can you be going far for a simple question such as this.

@OP
HTML can be used to create the structure, look and feel of a website. It caters nfor the way a website will look generally and that's where it stops.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm shocked that people are listing desktop applications as things HTML can be used to create. How can you be going far for a simple question such as this.

@OP
HTML can be used to create the structure, look and feel of a website. It caters nfor the way a website will look generally and that's where it stops.

nope, html + css + javascript can create web apps, mobile apps, games for mobile and many more.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Afam4eva(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
rutchiekens:

nope, html + css + javascript can create web apps, mobile apps, games for mobile and many more.
Where in the op's post did he mention css and javascript. Some of you just like doing "i too know".

3 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Laryokeke: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where in the op's post did he mention css and javascript. Some of you just like doing "i too know".

I once programmed a compilation of ebooks in html, burnt it to an optical disk and sold it as a desktop application. the disc auto-ran once you inserted it and served its purpose effectively. this was done with HTML...using the disk as a server sort of.

I am also aware of a lot of chm files (compiled HTML) used mostly to program efficient e books with amazing abilities.

in conclusion; you can't use HTML (4) for writing 3,d games or creating another facebook but can it write a desktop application? yes.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by bug24(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nna ehn, u guys are simply getting d OP confused.
Simple question, u guys have taken the entire thing to css and js.
Nna na wah oh.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 27, 2013
No mind them bro, i wan reply them before you came but i had to catch my xcaped xmas chicken (just caught it now sleeping on a tree),
@op, with dhtml however, you can do signs and wonders - just learn dhtml instead of stopping at ordinary HTML.

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2013
*dhtml:
No mind them bro, i wan reply them before you came but i had to catch my xcaped xmas chicken (just caught it now sleeping on a tree),
@op, with dhtml however, you can do signs and wonders - just learn dhtml instead of stopping at ordinary HTML.
Abeg... Which one is dhtml, never heard of it.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2013
Rich4god: Abeg... Which one is dhtml, never heard of it.

Dynamic html... I don't know much about it, I'm taking things slowly, I'm still trying to knack Javascript into my head.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Just search google for the word "dhtml" and see what you get
Re: What Can One Do With Html by bug24(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
*dhtml:
Just search google for the word "dhtml" and see what you get

Egbon, see u sef have follow to format d OP brain. grin

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 28, 2013
^^Na agbaya i be jare, no mind the op, he want take shortcut out of this whole thing.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Thanks @all for your comment. So can I conclude that before one can be a pro in web deisign, he or she need to be good @ html,php,css and js...(as in minimum requirement.)
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
True, and also dhtml / html5 / ajax as a minimal requirement (responsive websites and all that)
Re: What Can One Do With Html by bug24(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
*dhtml:
True, and also dhtml / html5 / ajax as a minimal requirement (responsive websites and all that)

Khai.. D way u halla dis dhtml eeeehn? grin
Ok' just try and says "YES" to the OP's question without adding 'dhtml' grin
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
^^^You know i cannot do that, when i be mister dhtml meself. In fact i dey beef HTML5 even, so now we are talking of responsive dhtml5
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
*dhtml:
^^^You know i cannot do that, when i be mister dhtml meself. In fact i dey beef HTML5 even, so now we are talking of responsive dhtml5
you just dey wash my head seriously... I just PM(ed) you.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rich4god(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
plz, how does a website generate profit/income to the owner...? *make una no criticize over this question, am just a novice.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
That is a topic for another thread
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
ok
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Rapsainot(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
Space booked
Re: What Can One Do With Html by usmanktg2(m): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
don't know what 'hmtl' is
Re: What Can One Do With Html by bigx(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
po*rn sites
Re: What Can One Do With Html by Jakeattah(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Google it
Re: What Can One Do With Html by jdarmee: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
i don't know
Re: What Can One Do With Html by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ask web designers.
Re: What Can One Do With Html by lastmessenger: 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Who will teach me how to design softwares?
Re: What Can One Do With Html by hollypagan: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
html is like short hand use to write an aplication

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? / How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.