Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested (14313 Views)

Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Corper Whose Arm Was Almost Chopped-off In Bayelsa Needs Help / Police Arrest Two Suspected Attackers Of NYSC Member In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by brosun(m): 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
BY SAMUEL OYADONGHA
YENAGOA — The police in Bayelsa State have arrested the alleged attackers of Miss Folakemi Akinbode, a National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, member serving in the state whose right hand was almost chopped off, Monday night, at Obunagha in Yenagoa Local Government Area.
Meantime, an Italian firm has agreed to sponsor the victim who has regained conciousness overseas for proper medical treatment and rehabilitation.

The two suspects, identified as Ebi Jatto and Weriye Aluwa, who are currently in police custody, it was learnt, were nabbed 72 hours after the attack through the support of the Obunagha community youths.
Miss Akinbode was attacked with a machete for reportedly refusing to hand over unspecified amount of money in her possession while returning from work that fateful, Monday.

It was reliably gathered that the suspects were arrested  at Koroama community about two kilometres from the scene of crime while attempting to sell the mobile phone of their victim.

A security source told Vanguard that the suspects had confessed to the crime and claimed that the lady struggled with them in their attempt to snatch her bag.

The  corps member, it would be recalled, was attacked at about 8.30pm while returning to the lodge near the Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobori, her place of primary assignment.

Miss Akinbode, 26, a graduate Nurse of Madonna University was reported to have been in charge of huge amount of money used by the hospital to pay blood donors at the blood bank section of the hospital.

The arrested suspects, according to a security source,  were present during the payment made to the blood donors by the corps member.

According to the security source, “they claimed that all they wanted from her was the remaining money she kept in her bag after the payments in the afternoon. But that when she struggled and identified one of them, she was attacked with machete.”

Confirming the arrest, the traditional rule of the Obunagha community, the Ibolou XI, H.R.H Godsgive Apoh, said the prompt arrest of the suspected attackers was made possible by emergency meeting of youth vigilante body set up to investigate and apprehend those involved in the attack.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Alex Akhigbe, confirmed the arrest but said they were yet to establish the motive behind the attack.

Victim  for overseas treatment
Meanwhile, an unnamed Italian firm, it was learnt, is making frantic effort to fly the victim overseas for treatment.
Sources, however, told Vanguard that the move was stalled, yesterday,  due to the Sallah holidays and other logistics.
“We are optimistic that the problem would be sorted out on Monday after the Sallah holidays to enable her travel overseas for proper medical attention and rehabilitation,” a source told Vanguard.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/two-suspected-attackers-of-bayelsa-nysc-member-nabbed/

1 Like

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thatz good.....roast them alive
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ok. So because of Salah hols, she couldn't be flown out

So our lives will all be held to ransom because of some holiday that I really don't see the purpose of?

Nigeria is really moving backwards cry

7 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by mrking3(m): 1:57am On Aug 09, 2013
†ђξ word Suspect should seize to exist when †ђξ suspect has confessed to †ђξ crime!!! Between, I wish her a speedy Recovery!! So finally she would be flown out of †ђξ country for treatment? That's some Good news!!! Atleast, she's gonna breath a Fresh Air!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
its sad to see where some youth are going...really pathetic and painful that a young woman in her national duties would have been sent to her grave.we need ethical re-orientation and values to take the Nigerian youth from evil deeds to patriotism...let these evils face the law.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by champy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
God don catch dem
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Crime never pays.
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Salmoneus(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
Are they sure those suspects are the culprits? seems to early, maybe it's my distrust for the Nigerian police speaking, hope the victim recovers in good shape. undecided
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by vlove1: 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
pDude: Ok. So because of Salah hols, she couldn't be flown out

So our lives will all be held to ransom because of some holiday that I really don't see the purpose of?

Nigeria is really moving backwards cry

What do u mean?
Are u working today?
I wonder how come everyone has a statement to make at nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Henrick007: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls take this guys to aluu community for execution. Oseeee!
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Ibyno(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
If the police want to work, they will work only when it involve the Rich, if na poor man child na story go end the case, we no go see the news for NL,

Come to think of it, at times its good for bad to happen so good thing will come ur way, enjoy ur over sea leave lol .
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by BCELLS(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
She could have just let go of the bag when she was engaged,life has no duplicate.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Rexphobia(m): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wish her speedy recovery....

Never argue with an armed person!!!

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by delors(m): 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
brosun: The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Alex Akhigbe, confirmed the arrest but said they were yet to establish the motive behind the attack.
what other motive do you need for God's sake? They wanted money...thats the motive, abi I dey miss something for this story?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Dexpro: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hmmmmm. Fenk God they've been apprehended.
My dear sister..... From CSIL, We wish you quick recovery.
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Thank God for her life=====>hope they pay for there crimes
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by switdil(f): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sebi dem tok say na cult pple cut her hand bfor
Tnks to d youth and vigilante group of obunagha community anyway.
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Ariyke: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
God don catch them lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by tpapi: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Wetin concern treatment wit sallah n travel arrangement, planes fly everyday wit or without holiday
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
I sure say Police go don slap slap those 2 guys and even use their cheeks take train new constables

Next time dem go know the difference between 6 and half a dozen

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
mr_king: †ђξ word Suspect should seize to exist when †ђξ suspect has confessed to †ђξ crime!!! Between, I wish her a speedy Recovery!! So finally she would be flown out of †ђξ country for treatment? That's some Good news!!! Atleast, she's gonna breath a Fresh Air!!!

Did u mean ''by the way'' as in ''btw''?

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
tpapi: Wetin concern treatment wit sallah n travel arrangement, planes fly everyday wit or without holiday

Bros take am easy nah! The foreign firm fit dey on holiday, abi u no reason am?
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by batstan(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
delors:
what other motive do you need for God's skae? They wanted money...thats the motive, abi I dey miss something for this story?
grin Yeah, u missed "sake" .abi u de stammer for fingers?
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by batstan(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
grin
2tex:

Did u mean ''by the way'' as in ''btw''?
grin
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by Mrshroud: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
The legacy of cultism and violence, will for a long time be
inherent in south-southern societies{especially Bayelsa, Rivers & Delta states}
Thte other day i was in sagbama police division{bayelsa state} and the number of teenagers paraded as cultists and miscreants involved in one matchete fight or the other...
Loooorrrdameeercy! Its really alarming.
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by tareigns(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Salmoneus: Are they sure those suspects are the culprits? seems to early, maybe it's my distrust for the Nigerian police speaking, hope the victim recovers in good shape. undecided
. Duhhh....didnt u read that they caught em wit d victims phone? Or u no read say dem don use their mouth confess. Na real wa 4 u.
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by kennyonthrone(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Mr shroud: The legacy of cultism and violence, will for a long time be
inherent in south-southern societies{especially Bayelsa, Rivers & Delta states}
Thte other day i was in sagbama police division{bayelsa state} and the number of teenagers paraded as cultists and miscreants involved in one matchete fight or the other...
Loooorrrdameeercy! Its really alarming.
R U A CULTIST?
Re: Suspected Attackers Of Bayelsa Corper Arrested by SisterMe(f): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
may she get well soon o. ah some people are wicked oo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prospective Corps Members Appeal To NYSC To Reopen Camp / Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It / 22 Kano Corpers To Repeat Service Year – Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.