Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu (2592 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Sneh / The Meaning Of Doro Bucci / Found A Gem: Celestine Ukwu- - - - - - - I Salute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by pandriod: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2013
Anyone?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by samuelkaykay(m): 6:23am On Aug 09, 2013
Goat is crying,ewu=goat ,na ebe akwa=is crying.your language?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by ACM10: 6:43am On Aug 09, 2013
Are you sure that Celestine Ukwu was the artiste who sang the song? I don't think so.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 09, 2013
It means, a he goat is resting on oga's bed.

Ewu= Goat, Akwa= Bed.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2013
It also means Goat dey chop egg.

Ewu = Goat, Akwa = Egg.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by pandriod: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10: Are you sure that Celestine Ukwu was the artiste who sang the song? I don't think so.

who sang it then? I was told it was a victory song, sang to signal the killing of Sardauna.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by chi3280(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2013
Ewu n'ebe akwa.... onye bu kwa ewu na ebe akwa?

This thread should be moved to the recycle bin with immediate effect!! angry
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by wordcat(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2013
pandriod:

who sang it then? I was told it was a victory song, sang to signal the killing of Sardauna.
:

You were Toad right?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2013
It was the most popular song among Ibos after the gruesome murder of Sarduana by Ibo soldiers....

It was a mocking song done by the Ibos to signal their descent into political obscurity as a tribe in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2013
chi 3280: Ewu n'ebe akwa.... onye bu kwa ewu na ebe akwa?

This thread should be moved to the recycle bin with immediate effect!! angry

What are you afraid of?

You are afraid of what your fathers did in the past?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by pandriod: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2013
gudugba: It was the most popular song among Ibos after the gruesome murder of Sarduana by Ibo soldiers....

It was a mocking song done by the Ibos to signal their descent into political obscurity as a tribe in Nigeria..

Hmmmm!!!!! Ibos?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by ACM10: 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
pandriod:

You have a choice to believe any story you chose to. I cannot stop you from swallowing the lies of Nowa Omogui. It's your choice. By the way the artiste that sang the song is an Ijaw.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by ACM10: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
gudugba: It was the most popular song among Ibos after the gruesome murder of Sarduana by Ibo soldiers....

What made the song popular? Do you really know the origin of the artiste behind the song?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by aribisala0(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
ACM10:

What made the song popular? Do you really know the origin of the artiste behind the song?

After Eboes murdered Northern and Yoruba politicians sparing their own

They used the song to taunt northerners . Playing across markets in Northern Nigeria and even putting offensive pictures inside the packaging of loaves of bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8G43CwrFBc
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Song "Ewu Ne Ba Akwa" By Celestine Ukwu by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
I can not explain that one o

(1) (Reply)

FREE JINGLE: Portable – Pay Me My Money (acapela For All Djs) / Download MP3 : Timaya - Telli Person Feat. Phyno & Olamide / Download Fireboy DML – What If I Say (instrumental)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.