Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses (1612 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by poncedeleon: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Weekly Trust: Please can you tell us about yourself?
Maryam: My name is Maryam Yahaya, I am 17 years old and the first born of my family. I have three younger sisters and one brother.

Why are you in Police custody?
My husband, Auwal is dead.
How did he die?
( A long pause)
What happened on the day he died?
On that day, I went to my sister’s house to help her make taliya (local spaghetti) . By the time I came back home in the evening, I met him at home. So he asked me for his food and I told him I did not cook, but that I had brought taliya from my sister’s house which I prepared myself for him. After he had eaten it , he took his ulcer medication ‘Gestid’ because he said he was not feeling fine. He now told me he wanted to have sex and I told him I was not interested; he insisted and I refused then he started insulting me saying that I was stupid. He said he had married me to have sex and that I didn’t know the value of marriage.
I left him and went to the compound to peel potatoes while he decided to sleep. When I picked the knife (pauses again). Satan must have possessed me and something told me to commit the crime. I went to the room and found him sleeping. I stood behind him for some minutes wondering what to do then I placed the knife by his neck and somehow he turned in his sleep, I don’t know whether I panicked or I was possessed then I committed the crime.
When it dawned on me that this is what I have done, I ran out to our neighbor’s house screaming that she should come and see what has happened.

What happened after that?
He staggered out of the room feeling dizzy, when our neighbor saw him she ran out screaming. So, I also ran out to my sister’s house. When I was about to leave, he went back into the room and even when people gathered he was alive, they didn’t take him to the hospital. It was while I was in the police station that I found out that he had died but he was alive before the police took me away.

Did you drug him before he slept?
No! God is my witness that I did not put anything in his food.

Were you forced into marrying him?
No, I loved him. We had dated for two years and I was in love with him. But after the marriage, he started disturbing me with sex. He wanted sex all the times, sometimes, five to six times a day. Any time he comes home he wants to sleep with me.
Did you complain about his excessive sexual demands to anyone?
I didn’t tell anybody, but I complained to him, at a point that he was always disturbing me and most of the times, I will be in pains. But he said that was why he married me.

Apart from the sexual demands does he beat you?
No, he doesn’t beat me.

Why didn’t you run away or ask for divorce instead of killing him?
I don’t know. But Satan didn’t bring that thought to me.

How many months is your pregnancy?
Two months now.
Did Lawal know you were pregnant before he died?
Yes. We even went to the hospital together.

What have your parents said to you since the incidence?
They told me I have put them in great distress and they have had to leave Gangare community because some youths made an attempt on their lives. I regret my actions and wish I could take it back. I have committed a grave sin but I have repented and I want forgiveness from Lawal’s family, I will never do such a thing again.

What would you tell your child on the whereabouts of his/her father when he grows up?
I have been thinking about that a lot and I don’t know what and how I will be able to tell my child about what killed his father. Or how I will expect the child to forgive me. Even if I don’t tell him or her, my story has gone all over the world and my child will be stigmatized and be seen as the child whose mother killed his father.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/new-news/13529-why-i-killed-my-husband-new-bride-confesses
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2013
Bad for him===>bad for her
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by ckkris: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Severe pregnancy syndrome, perhaps.
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Rachy12(f): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
So short of words(immaturity i guess).
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 10, 2013
Enof mad pple everywhere!
The person u just finished jisting with naw might be a mad one in disguise.
What is the cause of all these?
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2013
hhhmmm now people blaming satan for everything
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by RoyalRoy(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2013
ckkris: Severe pregnancy syndrome, perhaps.

Please stop blaming a woman's bad behaviour to pregnancy whatever!!

Is she the first or only one to be pregnant?

When you marry a violent/temperamental woman, that is what you likely get!!!

R.I.P to Mr Lawan!!!
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by EfemenaXY: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Silly story.

A crime is a crime. The woman should be made to face the full force of the law, irrespective of whether she's pregnant or not.

She's taken a life and nothing she does or says will change that fact.
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by thorpido(m): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2013
Consequences of early marriage.
She obviously wasn't prepared for marriage.
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Ninapha(f): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2013
I believe is more of mental immaturity. She is naive and i keep sayn marriage is not for boys and girls. Sometimes it cd be spiritual but i think the yerima syndrome acts off more on this one.
Re: Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
Chineke o! She really did put a knife to his neck shocked poor man. It wasn't even a quick death, he suffered shocked It is well.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Woman With The World's Largest Ukwu Sarah Massey / Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan / If You Were Starting Over Today, What Changes Would You Make In Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.