Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

Blackberry Questions Answered Here: - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Questions Answered Here: (9556 Views)

Root Most Lollipop Android Devices With Kingroot V4.8 Faqs Answered / Questions About Your Phone’s Battery Answered / 10 Most Burning Whatsapp Questions, Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by codedft: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2008
If you have any problems and questions with regards to your blackberry or your thinking of getting a blackberry, you can contact me
email is
codedft@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 2:26am On Jul 14, 2008
If you have a blackberry that you have not yet provisioned in your name but it is locked to another carrier, what you need to do is perform a master reset on the device. Mind you, all saved data, information and third party applications on the device will be lost and it is not recoverable. Master reset will return the device to its factory settings.

How to do master reset on blackberry

1. go to the main screen - where u see all the icons.
2. look for an icon that says settings or options.
3. go into options
4. look for security settings
5. look for general settings
6. click/open the menu button
7. look for "wipe handheld"
8. select that.

if it ask if you are sure say yes. It may ask you to type in BLACKBERRY and it may not. But it will clean your device if you complete these steps.

Please, I am not responsible and I am not accountable if you wipe your handheld and lost saved data. It is your responsibility to make sure that you safeguard data on your phone.

Hayproof yes your phone is capable of blackberry connect services. This means that it is not a blackberry but it can be loaded with OTA software and behave like a blackberry.

Thanks all.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2008
Code, I tried to send u message it did not go through. Verify your blackberry address and confirm
Thnx
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
finally got my curve 8320. What a toy to behold grin grin grin grin, Thanks Negro,

How do I update the GPS, maps and download some files, games & applications to the device.
The desktop manager keeps telling me 'disconnected & online at the same time, how can this be?

Also, is browsing possible thru a prepaid Zain line?
Gurus, up to you.
Thanks.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
Kay,

Congrats and welcome to the club grin

For GPS follow this path: Go to the desktop, where you can see all the icons, look for Settings or Options icon

1. Options>Advanced Options>GPS ,
2. Click the Menu button (the button with the dots, look like a cat pawprint)
3. Change Option
4. Select the GPS source you want to use.

For Maps, navigation maps are subscription features. Navigation maps are designed for helping you find your relative position to a defined address or location and getting you, turn by turn from your current position to the terminal location. They also issue traffic advisory and inform you if the path ahead along your route is blocked; it will find alternate routes in that case. You can find one from Zain or you go on the net and find a vendor. Nigerian roads are not charted for map navigation and neither do we have live traffic advisories so it will be a waste of money to get a subscription map in Nigeria. If you want geographical and terrestrial maps, then I suggest get a free one like Google maps.

For File Downloads, what kind of files are you talking about? Pictures, Music, Graphics, Microsoft Office Let me know.
Your device is capable of handling those files but each have a different path on how to handle the download depending on the file format. For pictures, music and Graphics, you will use Media Manager. Media Manager is licensed by "Roxio" for RIM (Research In Motion) and your purchase of the Bberry authorizes your use of it. Look in your Desktop Manager, can you find it in there? For Microsoft Office Apps, go to HANDANGO.COM. Handango is a developer and they have all kind of cool features than you could possibly dream of.

Desktop Manager not acting right! No problem. During installation, if you paid attention it asked you what kind of integration are you installing: (1) Blackberry Enterprise/Redirector, or (2) Blackberry Internet Service ?

If you are behind a corporate firewall and you will be accessing your corporate server from your Blackberry, then you need integration type (1). In that case, you will also need to talk to your IT and have them create a IT policy for your phone. The IT policy is a profile in the Corporate directory that identifies you as an active employee. When email is sent to your Outlook inbox at work in Nigeria, even though you are in London, the Exchange server authenticates your blackberry and forward a copy of that email through WAP push and trust me, you will receive it on your device in London. It will not matter where in the world you are, if they have EDGE or UMTS network you will get delivery of that email. From your device in London, after reading the email if you choose to delete it, you can do so on your device and also tell the device to send a command to Outlook email in your computer on the desk in Nigeria to delete that email as well. So your device also act as a remote control with coverage extending over thousands of miles. Enterprise Activation gives you a virtual presence in the office.

If you are not behind a firewall and you are just an individual user, then choose integration type (2). It does everything as mentioned above except for one thing - it does not give you a virtual presence in the office. You can still talk remotely to your home computer and do stuffs in your desktop email, even though you are not at home.

Now that you know the difference between the two, which integration type do you need? Did you install the correct one?

Browsing through Zain. Yes it is possible but they will subscribe you to a data plan for that. Without a data subscription, browsing is not possible on the bberry.

Again, Congrats and let me know.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by CGO: 1:50am On Aug 05, 2008
i want a pouch for my blackberry 8820, i want d leather case, as my phone came with d holster, d pouch just came out in june,pls can u get it? and for how much?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by HC: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2008
I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8130 i need to unlock. Where can i unlock in Lagos?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by tobidaflava(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2008
Can Blackberry be used as a modem?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2008
Thanks Negro.

The main prob is the fact that the desktop manager is not as current as the phone. (I guess)
So each time I tried to connect the device to my lappies I get this message and nothing happens.

I will check out the new directives stated and revert back to you.

Once again, thanks. wink
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by ediongs: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
Just activated ma MTN BLACKBERRY 7290.It cheaper than glo and faster in activation. Glo told I should pay 100 to owned 1 while I paid MTN just 5k and am up in no later than 5mins.men d guys tight. I dey send this msg via blackberry
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 4:07am On Aug 07, 2008
CGO,
Go to www.Handango.com for authentic Blackberry accessories.

HC,
What are you trying to unlock ? Password to the keypad? The firmware? The IT policy? Please share.

Daflava,
Yes Sir, u can use it as a dialup modem.

Kay,
Check the version for me. Open desktop manager and click on Help and

Help>About Desktop Manager>General/Components/Device Software.

Under General, look for the version number. It should be 4.2 or 4.3 to be current with the Blackberry Curve.

Ediongs,
Thank you for that feedback. How do u like the device?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by ediongs: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2008
To be sincere Blackberry is the latest IT Revolution. You can't imagine ma responding to ma mails at ease. No need for net cafe with as low as 5k. I think we should start considering this. Wheb I paid for the first month, I was like: let me test this stuff but to be sincere Blackberry is da Bomb.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Negro

the version number is 4.2.2.14 June 2007. I wonder why I get the message that it is an older version. (I use Curve 8320)
I tried to download the manager, it'll take me 17 hours+ to finish; based on my DOPC connection. Na wah o!

Do u have a new version? Maybe dat might work.

Another Q, can one make and receice calls/txt when using the device as a modem?

I dey enjoy the phone sha. grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 4:25am On Aug 08, 2008
Kayp,

Are you using Windows or Mac? If windows, 4.2 is the right one. If mac, you want 4.3. They are both same thing except that 4.3 has integration for pocketmac.

Do this, Open desktop manager and click on Help and

Help>About Desktop Manager>General/Components/Device Software.

Under Device Sftware, is your device info listed in there? If it is you should have 4.2. If its not listed, then the error you got saying older version meant that your device firmware need to be updated.

17hrs to upload software, I cant help you there !!

Yes u can receive text messgs and calls if you set the modem preference to accept incoming transaction, but if you set the preference for that then your modem connection will be terminated each time a call or text is coming in.

Your phone is using 2G. This means you can only use only one application at a time to transact communication with the switch _

Voice - CSD (Circuit Switched Data) or
Data - PSD (Packet Switched Data).

With 3G, you can have multiple sessions running at the same time. On a 3G phone you can use your phone as modem and at the same time receive incoming text or call without interruption to your modem connection.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by DeepZone: 5:23am On Aug 08, 2008
How much is blackberry 8100 gold in Nigeria?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2008
DeepZone,
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by NegroNtns(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2008
Contact this guy and see what he can do for you, tell him you need bberry pearl.

baloogun@gmail.com
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaypinchi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hi all,
How do I use my BB as a modem to browse the net on my laptop?
Just learnt that it is possible.

Waiting,
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by twinskenny(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2009
I HAVE A BLACKBERRY 8820 FOR SALE,

ANY SERIOUS BUYER SHOULD CONTACT ME ON 08051355133 OR 08038988120
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by koksy(f): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2009
Pls who knows how much the blackberry storm costs?
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by georgio(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2009
pls assist me , i need to unlock my black berry curve that is locked to AT&T network,
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by kaelo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
, hmmmmm, nice job dudes, the threads amazing, bn using the blackberry for a bit asd an alternative to the s60 and the mac osx, n the rim software's amazing, but do u have any gist on the bold, thats wat im rockin now, and its cool, got some apps on it, nimbuzz n al, but the opera mini's jus acting up on it, besides poor resolutions, its soooooo slow, n its jus annoying, the BB's vbrowser is the best, but browsin wiv opera as i jus discovered is free, im yet to hook up on the BB connect, wud do that laer, nywaz, wats up, plus any apps that can make my BB life even better,
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by LloydIy(m): 1:25am On Oct 02, 2009
Pls would like setting up glo blackberry7290 manually cause automatically is not working, Thanks
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by lbinie(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
Am having problems with my blackberry phone its a Movistar Blackberry 8900
i have subscribed for the monthly internet access via Globacom and MTN but i am not connected at all i used my SIM card to another blackberry phone and it worked , well i have been asking question and someone said it could have been blacklisted , could there be a solution to the problem because this is my second time i am getting a blackberry the first one fell into a pool and i could not revive it , please i would like to receive any assistance on this
thanks
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by lbinie(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2009
Hello there
thanks for this ad , i am having a not go good time with two networks and my Blackberry 8900 phone
i first had a BB bold but it fell off my hand from a tall building sad story lol, Well i had to get a used Black berry phone
a Movistar Blackberry 8900
i paid the monthly fee for glo but it couldn't browse with the phone i went to their head office and the guy there told me their network can't connect with my phone
i went for mtn also and i haven't gotten any result on that , a friend also told me that probably the movistar network has blacklisted the phone but i thought to myself if its being blacklisted i don't think i should be able to make phone calls to it
please what do you think could be the solution , even if its being black listed could there be a way around it like unlocking etc
thanks
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by tpgenius(m): 5:52am On Oct 20, 2009
I have problem checking balance inquiry on my blackberry storm, whenever I try the command #124#, the phone dial instead of requesting, Please, can anyone help me with it?

Hope to read back from ya, thank you
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by Djmoe: 11:58am On Oct 20, 2009
God y is ds BB modem drivers not downloadng, hav u heard of mobishark? Negro
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by Carshopper(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2009
tpgenius:

I have problem checking balance inquiry on my blackberry storm, whenever I try the command #124#, the phone dial instead of requesting, Please, can anyone help me with it?

Hope to read back from ya, thank you

@Negro_Ntns

nid help with the above problem
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by ddahunsi(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2010
Guys,

This is an SOS to all you wonderful guys.

Lost my Pimped, 2-weeks new BB Storm 2 in Abuja on saturday, Guess the Cab Driver was just too tempted shocked to return it, cos he pulled the battery in less than 3 mins after he zoomed off. sad

What I really want from you guys is an ALL OUT BOMBARD on the pin, Real Area Scatter, if you know what i mean!

Let the buyer/new owner know that it's illegit, Pls and Pls, it might just be you next time (God Forbid!)

All I need you to do is to Bombard the PIN -3104A697 repeatedly, as many times a day as humanly possible.

Let him know it was stolen from -dd-08052761960. Maybe he'll just return it.

Thanks guys, I'm banking on you.
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by Marhoski(m): 12:47am On Sep 08, 2010
negro i have a question for you
Re: Blackberry Questions Answered Here: by enipops200: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2010
How can i use my BB curve as a modem on PC? please help ayone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Anyone Noticed This Weird Things On His/her Phone? (photos) / Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? / Here Is How To Solve LG L90 Update Issue: "Can't Find Matched Cust"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.