Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

4 Things That Scream "I'm Unprofessional" (continued) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things That Scream "I'm Unprofessional" (continued) (526 Views)

4 Things Employers Hate To See On Your Cv / 4 Things From Your Social Media Account Employers Dig Into / 10 Things That Scream, "don't Hire Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Things That Scream "I'm Unprofessional" (continued) by TRWConsult(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
- Peter Vogt

3. Winging Your Interviews Instead of Preparing Thoroughly

You Might Think: I’m good at thinking on my feet, and if I get stuck, I’ll just wiggle my way through. Besides, they can’t expect me to know everything about the company.

The Employer Will Probably Think: This person clearly knows nothing about the company, nor has she made any effort to learn more about us and what we do. She must not really care whether or not she gets the job. I want someone who cares. Oh well, maybe the next person will be better.

4. Failing to Send Thank-You Notes After Interviews

You Might Think: A thank-you note? You’re kidding, right? Do people even do that sort of thing anymore?

The Employer Will Probably Think: This person has no follow-up skills, not to mention common courtesy. He could have at least dropped me a quick email note, like this other person did. I think I’ll invite this candidate for the second round of interviews instead. The other guy must not really want the position.

(1) (Reply)

Please What Firm Or Company Is Labourforce? / Helen Keller International (HKI) Recruits Accountant – Abuja / How To Stop Face Sweating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.