Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

The Most Poetic Rapper Alive - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Most Poetic Rapper Alive (901 Views)

Eminem Wins Best Rapper Alive / Lilwayne Makes History Today (Best Rapper Alive) / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by bolulicious(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
Since the death of the most poetic rapper Amaru shakur, who goes by the alias 2pac or makavelli, rap has being loosing what it stands for i.e Rhymes And Poetry. Recently i feel lil wayne is bringing back the poetic aspect of rap. I realy enjoy his use of simily and metaphor in his songs. Which rapper do u think realy brings out the poetic nature of rap
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by emperorchedda(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kendrick lamar
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Goldie20: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lil wayne? are you serious ? smh.. i give it to kendrick and Ab-soul

1 Like

Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
for me Nas anytime, anyday, kendrick lamar is still rising he hasnt gotten to dat level yet.
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by FulaniBOII(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
"I'm kendrick lamar aka benz is to me just a car"
"Nigga why you babysitting only 2 or 3 shots? I'ma show you how to turn it up a notch First you get a swimming pool full of liquor, then you dive in it" Kendrick Lamar
I like Nas too but don't like his rap style.
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Pdizzle(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
i tink d only poet we have arnd is andre 3000
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by crazygod(m): 4:31am On Aug 10, 2013
@ op, 2pac was and still is my favourite rapper. But he is more of a direct approach in his lyrics. He jst says what comes to his mind. And he uses less of figure of speech in his lines. Now drake on the other hand is a poet. Also jcole is a mad lyricist too. Kendrick lamar is jst too good. Ace-hood also deserves to be mentioned. Pls dnt call lil wayne here o
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by tosingcfr(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pdizzle: i tink d only poet we have arnd is andre 3000

like the guy too,especially his flow in DEUCES but Lil Wayne is the bomb
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Indifferent(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
Being poetic simply has to do with the way you present your expressions. Dosen't mean u must be using silly matafors like lil wayne. Once you have a stylish method of sending your message then u are poetic...
E.g "i know money talks cos my money talks for me, so i aint talk alot cos my money talks with me" Suace kid
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Pdizzle(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
tosingcfr:

like the guy too,especially his flow in DEUCES but Lil Wayne is the bomb
weezy aint no poet
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by tosingcfr(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pdizzle: weezy aint no poet

Weezy is wah What's your definition of a poet?
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Rawpidgin(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
did the op just mentioned 2pac? biggie smalls is more poetic than pac, pac aint even a poet!
right about naw, i'll give it to kendrick lamar
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Kpormaurcheap(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
emperorchedda: Kendrick lamar
bros u knw wats up . King kendrick lamar hiii power nd if dem argue den i guess "cut u off" says it all.
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
Rawpidgin: did the op just mentioned 2pac? biggie smalls is more poetic than pac, pac aint even a poet!
right about naw, i'll give it to kendrick lamar
Thanks for pointing that out and biggie is a better rapper than PAC,pac just had attitude and was a socially conscious rapper who would have faded into oblivion if he was alive in this day and age plus kendrick is good,sometimes I visit rap genius just to understand what he is saying.
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Pdizzle(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2013
tosingcfr:

Weezy is wah What's your definition of a poet?
weezy is a gud rapper..with corny lines,he ll say anythin to form a p.line. A poet just talks to u and it goes deep
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by yoji: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
I can't believe nobody mentioned obama'a pal 'common'. Common is the most poetic rapper ever no contest! Then lamar next.
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by tosingcfr(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pdizzle: weezy is a gud rapper..with corny lines,he ll say anythin to form a p.line.
Aint that in a sense poetic license??
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Baba419(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
how come i have not seen WALE mentioned here
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Pdizzle(m): 12:53am On Aug 15, 2013
tosingcfr:
Aint that in a sense poetic license??
nah
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 15, 2013
Common after him is Nas, kendrick lamar, absoul, have you heard of king Los, he is bad too., then wale, pusha T, j cole and d rest.....
Re: The Most Poetic Rapper Alive by holyjossy01(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2013
Nas: King of "make-sense" raw rap.

(1) (Reply)

New Video: Download Skales - Take Care Of Me / Brymo The Most Underated Nigerian Artiste? / Skales Is An Inspiration – International Duo, Nico & Vinz Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.